Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A letter to my baby boy....



Dear Hunter:

I am enjoying every moment I get to carry you in my belly, little man. I am loving every single motion from within that you make. I've taken to calling you my little "Ninja" and Daddy has already started talking about signing you up for Karate, when you are old enough. (Maybe we're jumping the gun a bit, we should probably wait till you can at least walk before discussing this?). I have gone from feeling just your punches and jabs, to now enjoying your kicks as well. You are so active! It makes me wonder if you'll be sporty or athletic as you get older, like your Dad? Or maybe you will take after Mommy's creative side, and be colorful and imaginative and spin stories from your fingertips?

We are just so excited by every little thing about you. I found out you now have eyebrows and I don't know why, but this tickles me! You rock out in my belly now when we put on Staind and this makes me giggle, each and every time. I can't stop putting my hand on my tummy now, hoping to feel your movements on the outside. You are getting stronger and stronger every day so while the outside feelings are few and far between, I know it's only a matter of time. You kicked so hard yesterday that I was convinced the kitty, Molly--who was cuddled up tight against me--could feel you, but she never even flinched. Or maybe she is just as comforted by your movements as I am!

I sing to you sometimes while driving in the car, and I randomly tear up and feel the need to tell you often how much I love you. I know you can hear me and even if you don't understand my words yet, I know you can feel my love radiating inward, like warm sunlight. It's pretty powerful and overwhelms me!

I was thinking the other day about your hair color. I wonder if you'll be a blond baby with big curls, like your Daddy was as a child...or will you be bald with a few scarce patches of dark brown hair, like Mommy? I am so excited to find out! I'm so eager to see your face, to run my finger tip across your cheek. You'll have to forgive Mommy, becuz I am crying again, but don't worry--they are only happy tears! I've started telling anyone that will listen the new location of my heart...it is nestled warm and snug in my belly. It's you.

I love you so much, baby boy. Daddy and I can't wait to meet you in early August!!

I love you to infinity and beyond,
Mommy



I love you, I love you, I love you!

15 comments:

Big D said...

awww see ya soon buddy

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Sweet letter. I tell my kids I love them to infinity and beyond too.

Hunter's lucky to have a Mama like you just waiting for him to be born.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Cathy said...

Hunter will be a very loved little boy. What a beautiful letter!

Kel said...

Awe, that is so sweet. I have no doubt he feels his momma's love each and every day!! :)
~K

PixieDust said...

Oh that is so beautiful! :)

Keri said...

ahh... the feeling of motherhood. Lovely & perfect!!

and you should soooo take that photo, put it in sepia or b&w and hang it in his nursery... so he can always see how much momma loved him from the start!

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Psst Hunter - your mommy made me tear up!! Love the heart over the belly pic!!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Adorable, glad to see and read (a bit) that you are doing fine. Very sweet letter.

April said...

Lovely Lalo!! I tried to access your blog but did you go private? I couldn't get on...email me if you can or please add me if you don't mind! April1212r@aol.com

Jaina said...

Lovely. :) How neat it will be to be able to show him this one day. :)

RCRambling said...

Very nice, April - and I understand fully! I have an hour commute in each direction for my career, so I used to spend those hours talking to my belly and listening to my music.

I loved that he seemed intrigued by Metallica when he was an infant. The grandparents were slightly horrified, but apparently he remembered it from the womb. (Don't worry - I love hard rock, soft rock, old country, classical, classic rock and many other genres, too. So he was exposed to many varieties - just thought the Metallica calming him was hilarious.)

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

that was beautiful april!

Peeveme said...

Like you I ma loving every moment of being pregnant. Every day I am stupid happy. Morning. Noon. Night. Stupid Happy.

Krystyn said...

What a sweet letter. I'm sure baby Hunter will really love these!

Sarah R said...

Aw, how sweet!