Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Movement?





I felt something different yesterday and while I can't conclusively say it was definitely the baby, it certainly makes me more aware now.



I was sitting at my desk at work yesterday, reading Jewel's blog post about how she finally felt her baby move for the first time, and wondering to myself 'When am I going to feel that??' Knowing just how big that Hunter is getting, and just how active he's been at every ultrasound, it blows my mind that I haven't felt anything yet. So while these thoughts are swirling around in my brain, I realized I just need to start concentrating more on my belly during the moments when I'm sitting or laying pretty still.



And then I felt it!



A small pressure, a feeling of maybe a "push", twice in a row in quick succession. About an inch or two down and over to the left of my belly button.



What?!? My eyes widened and I put my hand on my belly and waited. I didn't feel it again, but then I started to wonder if I was just feeling something becuz I wanted to feel it so badly. It kind of reminded me of the way blood pulsing under your skin feels, that light, so I tried to convince myself that's all it was. But then I thought of how at my u/s on Monday, the x-ray tech had said Hunter's little tush was a little bit underneath my belly button. So that would put him in the area.



As I focused on my stomach and tried to rationalize with myself, I realized as well that it felt like "something" was in my belly. Duh, right? But no, seriously, again it was something I've never felt before. Kinda like a tennis ball in my belly, that feeling of a small "pressure".



Could it be possible I'm feeling the baby?



What did it feel like for you the first time, for those of you who've gone through it before OR are currently preggo? And how far along were you? I guess I just want to convince myself I am NOT crazy!





By the way, I tried to take a belly shot for you guys at work yesterday. It's slightly hard to see cuz I'm sitting, and slightly blurry cuz I took it with my cell phone, but you get the idea. I love watching my belly grow!!

20 comments:

Aimée said...

I remember it feeling like butterflies, I thought it was actually gas movement until I concentrated on it and realized it was the baby. I believe I has 4ish months pregnant, but that was a long time ago, so I'm not totally sure. Sounds to me like you felt little Hunter!

Jewels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kel said...

With my 1st I was about 18 weeks when I felt her the first time, but only because I wasn't sure what I was feeling and the dr wanted to make sure she was moving. It was an odd feeling but yet so comforting - I will never forget it. With the 2nd it was something I looked forward to and could tell much sooner...enjoy yor little moments with Hunter...it only gets better from her on out!
~K

Sarah said...

I dont remember how far along I was, but I do know it was early on in the pregnancy. It felt like flutters. Tiny little almost unnoticeable flutters. If I was moving about a lot or to busy I wouldn't notice, but once I was still and relaxed...there they were again, those wonderful little flutters!

You're def NOT crazy. Dont let people tell you its to soon to feel anything! Everyone is different. =)

Big hugs!

Keri said...

Yes, butterfly flutters... like you've never felt before. a sorta soft wiggle from inside.
To be honest, it kinda made me feel sorta 'sick' to my stomach... till i figured out what it was. I did enjoy the larger movements much more. Wait till you can SEE an actual foot come through your skin almost... it's ... well... amazing.

Stephanie said...

Yeah...you arent crazy though!! I'm sure Hunter just wanted to say hi to his mommy!!! I was 4 months when I felt Landon..I had the same reaction as you did. I didnt feel him for about another week after that and then it was everyday until the end!! It is such an amazing feeling!!
you look great!!

the cubicle's backporch said...

I can't offer any input but I'm so happy for you guys!

Laura B. said...

I think it was around 14 weeks when I felt Parker's hiccups the first time. I didn't really feel his movements until just after 20 weeks. Now they're pretty constant and feel like muscle twitches. So funny, I giggle to myself every time he gets his groove on. :-) I would say that you're definitely feeling him...it'll get more distinct over the next couple of weeks.

Kat said...

I always felt it around 19 or 20 weeks with my boys, but it was super early with this pregnancy. I feel it on a regular basis now and have for weeks.

I always feel it most after eating and then lying down helps too. At first it might just feel like gas bubbles, but then you can really start to feel the difference. It feels like tiny little pushes or something.

THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD! :)

Krystyn said...

That is the perfect time to feel something.

Just wait for the hiccups.

RCRambling said...

This hiccups are outrageous - I had forgotten about those...

I wasn't certain what was the baby and what wasn't, but I think it was right around the same time as you, that I started feeling something every so often.

Also, before I knew I was pregnant, even though I have always been a stomach sleeper, I realized it wasn't comfortable to sleep that way. That was my odd, "things that make you go hmm," pregnancy feeling.

Melissa said...

I felt Hope move for the first time at 16 weeks...it felt like a flutter. After the first time I felt it then I felt it a ton after that!!

kittyconcerto.com said...

A-HA! We were JUST talking about this! Yippie! Just wait till you start feeling the chicken bone! LOL

tricki_nicki said...

I feel them earlier every time - but my first was around 19 weeks. The last was 15 weeks!

To me it always felt kind of like a muscle twitch at first. After that it just gets more and more recognizable. You'll be feeling it all the time now!

Morgan said...

I can't remember when I felt Mason, I felt flutters really early, like 15 weeks, but I think it was about 18-20 weeks I felt the real pushing where it was no doubt him. It takes awhile until you know FOR SURE he is what you just felt, everything else you will question if its him or not (even though more than likely its him!!) YAY for movement!

Cecily R said...

Oh, I KNOW that's exactly what you felt...and the more you feel it the more you'll know. YAY! That's so exciting!! It really is one of the best feelings in the world!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh wow... How amazing & exciting. What an incredible feeling that must be!

Rhea said...

Being pregnant it such an amazing time. People always told me the baby moving would feel like gas. Nice ,huh? Baby movement wax my favorite part of pregnancy

OHmommy said...

awe... you are glowing. it was movement. isn't it the best, you make me want to be preggo again. ;0

Tabitha said...

Oh April that is so sweet!
I remember that it felt like butterflies ~ sort of a fluttering the first time I felt it!!
Wait until you are further along and he decides to kick you in the bladder ~ that was not fun ha ha !!
Love the picture ~ you look great!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXX