Wednesday, March 04, 2009


My Big D's 33rd birthday is this Friday, March 6th (which coincidentally is also my parents wedding anniversary. I find that so cool that my husband was born the day my parents were getting married!).


Go wish him a Happy (early) B-Day if you get a chance!








I made him a fabulously yummy chocolate cake, that all the dogs kept trying to catch a whiff of. We're talking devil's food chocolate with chocolate chips in it, AND chocolate frosting. Daryl was in chocolate-cake-heaven.










We had one of my bestest girls over for dinner last night, April #2, and she brought along her husband's aunt who is visiting from Argentina. The funny part is, her husband is like 27 years old, and his "aunt" is...only 14 years old. That cracks me up!







Anyway, she was sweet as pie, barely spoke much English, but we were still able to communicate as best we could!





And the chocolate cake helped a lot. ;-)











And Tucker made a new girlfriend. He was totally entranced with Camila, as she crooned to him in Spanish the whole night. I have to say, all three dogs were in love!!










And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. HA! Just kidding, I'm not that conceited. I know at least Morgan and Lilah have been waiting. Heh.


Some preggo shots...and not very good ones at that...I meant to take some last night when my friend was over, cuz I think Daryl is tired of taking them (becuz afterwards I immediately shriek, "OH MY GOD! I look like a blimp!") but by the time we were done with dinner and cake, I was hugely bloated and exhausted.








So for now, these will have to do.












The second pic makes me look like 10-15 lbs. heavier than I really am, I think it was the shirt that day. It also looks like I seriously have NO BOOBS...which is SO not the case. Believe me, they're there.


Oh well. Live and learn!

23 comments:

Kori said...

You look great all glow-y and all.

Happy Birthday to D a few days early!

Aimée said...

You look so beautiful and happy! Thanks for posting the pictures! And that chocolate cake looked GREAT! :)

Krystyn said...

Looking good. And, we can sooo see your boobs in the picture of you and D. I was going to comment on them!

Happy birthday to D!

Jewels said...

I was noticing your belly in the first picture of you and your husband.
You dont even look fat, you are adorable.
But I understand the shirt thing, some shirts flatter me, others do look like they put on some weight.
Oh-well, take what you can get eh?

Stephanie said...

No worries..we saw your boobs in the pic of you and D! lol
You look great!
Happy Birthday Big D!!!
That cake looks so yummy!!!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

happy birthday to your man - and you look so cute!!

Carsa said...

It's about time mama! You look great girl! Happy birthday to Big D! Miss you guys!

Kat said...

Hello? I see the boobs! If you think that makes you look like you have nonexistant boobs than mine must be ancient history! ;)
I just LOVE baby bellies!!!!

Happy Birthday to Big D!

Sarah R said...

You look so cute, April! Happy birthday to your hubbs.

April in CT said...

How stinkin' caaaute are you!?! That's one happy momma for sure.

Happy birthday to Daryl!

I knew I smelled chocolate cake being made within a 50 mile radius last night.

Morgan said...

Girl puu-lease!, FAT!? Are you kidding me?!! You look GORGEOUS!!!! Totally pregnant and not fat!!

And don't lie, you know you -really- made that cake for yourself and not Daryl's birthday! His b-day was just an excuse! LOL! :)

Laura B. said...

You look positively fabulous! Happy Birthday to your hubby - I'm jealous cause that cake looks so awesome! :-)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Big D!

And April, you look AWESOME! Just like a pregnant mama should. And I like that shirt!!

Robyn said...

You look great.

Stephanie said...

Happy Early Birthday to Big D!

And I think you look great in the belly shots - I love, love, love belly shots!

the cubicle's backporch said...

I agree with Kori- you look great and all glowy!

I like the picture of you and Big D- you two look so cute!!

And yumm... chocolate. Drool!

kittyconcerto.com said...

Your totally cute! And believe me I feel the same way about preggo shots! That's why I try not to take them very often. LOL.

Julie said...

OK....YOU SO LOOK PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

You look great and love the hair!!

We have to r/s lunch before you go into labor!!!

Trannyhead said...

Oh, honey ... I hate to be the one to break it to you. But you will be MUCH much bigger before it's over. :-)

krissy said...

You look adorable. Just adorable.

I cannot wait until you hold that peanut in your arms.

Happy Birthday Daryl.

Poltzie said...

YAY that preggo belly is SO cute (and so tiny compared to mine at 17 weeks).
You need to start wearing tight shirts for your photoshoots - you can do that now, you're pregnant (I loved that about being pregnant)!!

ALF said...

You look great! Hope you're feeling great too.

Tabitha said...

You look totally wonderful in that second picture ~ it is great to see some baby belly shots at last!
Hope all is well with you ~ love and hugs Tabitha XXX