Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy and fun weekend. And Big D was super productive in the nursery!

Friday I took the day off from work becuz the guy was coming to refinish the floors. My BFF, April #2, stopped by and we had coffee and bagels and got some good quality chatting in for a few hours. My mom came by later in the day to view the progress that D's made (he painted last week, I just hadn't posted the pics yet. Pics to follow at the end of this post!).

Saturday I was busy, busy cleaning the house while D ran a few errands and picked up some food at the grocery store. We had company that night, Sarah and Brian with their two girls, so we grilled and stuffed our faces! This was the first time Brian had seen me preggo since relatively early in the first trimester, and Sarah had not seen me in months, so they were BOTH pretty impressed with my belly. Heh. Sarah seemed to think I'm carrying low; with her own pregnant belly (both with Julia and then Sophia) she felt like her belly erupted from right beneath her boobs.


Sarah and Brian's youngest daughter, Sophia, is now 7 weeks old (holy crap, WHERE does the time go???) and Daryl and I got some baby-holding time in. I literally could not put her down the whole night.

At one point I was standing up, rocking her, when it dawned on me that I was rocking TWO babies at once. ;-) That made me smile!



And the weather was gorgeous ALL weekend so I had lots of outdoor time with the dogs. They frolicked around the yard while I loafed in a lawn chair, catching some rays. Even my belly got a little bit of color! ;-)

Sunday I was up and out early meeting up with Michele, Keri and Julie to go to a huge flea market. I got a good hour and a half of walking in there, and by the end, I was spent! Low back hurting a bit, and I was panting, but it felt good getting the exercise! Then after that I literally dove into more housework. I KNOW I'm not nesting yet, it's too early for that, however I can't seem to stop cleaning the house! I swept, vacuumed and scrubbed the floor in the kitchen, knocked down cobwebs, wiped down walls (I NEVER do that!), scrubbed the muddy paw prints off the back door...for three hours straight! I was like a freakin' machine. Afterwards, I was spent, and my feet ached, so Big D ran out and got my favorite, pizza! Spent the rest of Sunday night curled up on the couch watching TV and reading. Heaven!

Okay, here are the most recent pics of the nursery work in progress. The only thing I haven't uploaded yet is the painted trim, chair rail and baseboards that Big D put up yesterday. He is doing an AWESOME job.

(This shot above is from a couple weeks ago.)


Big D taking a breather (and a beer break!) after working his hiney off!


The green going up!! We both LOVE how it looks in the room. So bright and crisp!


Mister Meticulous. He is good at it! :-)


This is what the floor looked like before we refinished (the white is just from the dust from Daryl sanding).


Taking the tape down!
The brown paint going up. Again, we LOVE the color!

Here is George, the floor guy, sanding the floors on Friday morning.

And the finished product! I love the coloration of the wood!!



24 weeks: Our baby Hunter


Your Baby This Coming Week

Your baby now weighs around 1.5 lbs (700g), and measures about 8.8 inches (22cm) from crown to rump, but this varies from baby to baby.

Your doctor should be able to hear your baby's heartbeat, using a stethoscope or Doppler ultrasound device. If your partner puts his ear right on your belly in the right position, he might even be able to hear it unaided if there is no background noise.

Your baby sleeps and wakes in a more regular pattern now. You may notice that your baby is particularly active when you are resting.

The center of your baby's bones are beginning to harden.

If your baby is a boy, the testes will start to descend into the scrotum now. If your baby is a girl, the vagina will begin to hollow out and mature now.

Your baby can make a fist now and may already have a preference for the right or left hand.

With modern medical technology, your baby would have a chance to survive if it were born now.

25 comments:

Emily Jean said...

Wow! The floor is so beautiful!! The nursey looks great!!

Heidi Renée said...

That baby is ridiculously cute.

Stephanie said...

Holy cow..your boobs..I mean you look great! hahahaha
Those babies are just adorable!!
Glad you got to rock "2" babies at the same time! I bet Hunter was liking that!!
The room looks amazing!! He has done such a great job!!!

April said...

Stephanie you cracked me up! My boobs ARE out of control. ;-)Pretty soon, I'm gonna need to go up another bra size. Eek!

RCRambling said...

I like the bright green, since I'm a fan of the bright colors for nurseries. For mine, however, I went with the primary colors - but that was just me. I love the green/brown combinations out there.

remember moments said...

Wow - the nursery is looking GREAT!! Your friend's little baby is SUPER cute!!

Krystyn said...

What a cute little girl.

And, the room is perfect!

Ruthibelle said...

that kid is actually very cute, in truth.

And the rocking 2 babies at once comment... :)

Kat said...

Wow! That IS a busy weekend. But what fun! Those girls are just ADORABLE!!!!
I love the nursery! So nice! And the floor is gorgeous. Wow!
:)

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Doesn't holding little babies just make you go all mushy gushy inside?!?! Their cuteness just hits you and you can't help but cooing and making all of the silly noises because they're just so adorable.

Love your nursery color choice!

Melissa said...

Wow, the room looks awesome...and that floor...amazing.

That picture with Big D and the baby is adorable...I can't wait until that's little Hunter he's looking at with all that love.

Morgan said...

You two look like naturals holding a baby!! You are going to make great parents when Hunter is born!!

Flea said...

Oh wow! The nursery looks GREAT!!!

OHmommy said...

Awww.... I love the colors. Tell Big D that OHmommy says he did an awesome job.

ALF said...

I like the colors and the floor looks great!

Kel said...

wow..you're not kidding you've been busy! Room looks awesome though - Tell Big D he does great work and little hunter will love it! :)

~K
btw...I've moved my blog so make sure you update your reader!

MarciaBrady said...

Sounds like a very productive couple of days.

I'm loving the colors of the nursery. And...OMG...that floor looks awesome!

Your friend's girls are so cute.

Glad you are getting things done. If you feel like you just can't get enough cleaning in and you need to do more...my place is always available! ha

photogirl218 said...

Holy melons, girlfriend, LOL! Nursery looks great, I love the floors! So when we getting together? Haven't talked to you guys in forever, how the hell are ya? Miss ya.

Julie said...

I think you can nest at any point in your pregnancy...I did. You'll be more neurotic about it in the end. BUT you are so nesting now!!!

The room looks great, Jim was looking at the pics with me- he loves the color of your floor-now we want to stain ours darker :)

Big D is awesome!!

kittyconcerto.com said...

I'm with Julie.. your SO nesting now! I have been too the entire pregnancy. The nursery looks amazing! And that little baby is just squeeeeeeeeeezable!

Trannyhead said...

It's starting to get there - I bet it'll be a mad rush right at the end, though, to get it all ready! It looks great!

April in CT said...

Wow!! You look amazing and the room and floor look amazing! I love that color combo together too in the nursery. Can't wait to see it all together including the little on in there.

Now, a super important question..where is this flea market at?? I'd love to find something like that to drag my honey to one weekend.

3 Peas in a Pod said...

The little ones are so cute. That baby is just ADORABLE!! Glad you got some time to hold the little one. Yours will be here before you know it. :-)

I love the nursery. It's coming along so nicely. The floors are GORGEOUS!!! The guy did a great job. Just beautiful.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Jaina said...

Wow, Hunter's room looks FABULOUS!!!

Poltzie said...

The nursery looks amazing and I LOVE the picture of Daryl and that baby - oh so sweet!!