Monday, April 06, 2009

I came to work to relax!

My weekend was crazy-busy. Friday night, Big D had an interview for a second job, a part time job, so I went with him and waited outside in the truck since we had to go pick up the crib afterwards. I must have been in the truck for about an hour, jamming out and singing to the tunes. Baby boy Hunter was moving and shaking for a while and then he must have been enjoying his private concert becuz he settled right down. An hour later, when Daryl hopped into the truck and began recanting his interview experience to me, I was totally delighted to realize that Hunter had started moving all about again in my belly.

"He recognizes your voice, Daddy!" I told him excitedly.

After that, we headed to pick up the crib and after paying the balance, the stock-dude comes out wheeling THE largest, craziest box I've ever seen. My first thought was "Holy Shit!" and my second thought was "How the hell is Daryl going to single-handedly get that into the house????".

So on the way home I frantically tried to scrounge up some fellow muscle to help out and since it was already quarter to nine on a Friday night, we were not having much luck. Daryl ended up backing the truck up almost to the front cement stairs of her house and I helped him guide the box up one step (as he strained all by himself to bear the weight of it!) and then we slid it on a sheet the rest of the way into the house. Now, my hubby is NO sissy and lifts tons of heavy objects during the course of day at his job, but this box was so heavy...it was a monstrosity! I'm just glad we got it inside. ;-)

Saturday we were doing an early Easter dinner with my mom, Daryl's Dad and his Grandma so we ran out to the store (nothing like waiting till last minute, huh?) to get all the food items we needed and then I cleaned and scrubbed the house for a couple of hours. Big D was not available to help cuz he had to bring Timber to his puppy class, so I was on my own! I threw the ham in the oven at noon, threw myself in the shower at twelve thirty and my mom arrived at one, followed by D's family at two. By the time dinner was over, and the dishes cleaned up, I was practically crying for the couch...my back and feet hurt SO bad! And then D's family didn't end up leaving till SEVEN so I was feeling like I was wasting time just sitting around on my ass while they watched UCONN basketball (I'm not into basketball at all) so I started doing laundry. Argh! I think I crashed into bed Saturday night.

Sunday, the puppy had us woken up and out of bed by six thirty. Little bratty. We had a Fidelco trainer coming over at eleven to work on some issues with us so in the meantime I did more laundry, and then we went to Starbucks where I got a deliciously yummy decaf Cinnamon Dolce latte and Big D got an Espresso Truffle Latte. Mmmmmm.... After our training session (where the Fidelco trainer proceeded to tell us that Timber behaved MUCH better than we made it sound like, at home. That little shit is always proving us wrong! LOL) we took the two big dogs out to the lake for a walk. The walk did NOT go well. Ha ha! Tucker is not very good with walking on a leash...he's a dragger. We had purchased him a Gentle Leader once before and he chewed it up so I'm sorry to say we'd been very lax about walking (he does get plenty of exercise in our backyard with us though. We run him ragged out there!). So Daryl took Tucker's leash and I took the "good walker", Timber's, leash. Uh, yeah, he drove me insane. I don't know if it's becuz he wasn't walking with Daryl like he usually does, or if Timber wanted to be near Tucker, but that puppy pulled and pulled and pulled on his leash--even while wearing his Gentle Leader. That's sixty three pounds of "puppy" pulling along this lady. And I'm embarrassed to say, I started to get VERY frustrated. Between both dogs pulling, Tucker whining (who knows why!), and Daryl and I snapping each other's heads off...it was bad. By the time I splashed through a mud puddle and it leaked into my sock, I almost lost it and wanted to call it quits right there. Then on the way back to the truck, I was practically panting with the exertion of it all (I often times "forget" I'm pregnant, when I try to do things like I normally do. Uh, yeah, your body reacts differently when you're pregnant, April. Remember that!) and the last time Timber tugged and Daryl tried to tell me how to correct him, I bit his head off and said I just didn't care anymore, and wanted to get back to the car. I held back tears at that point. So Big D took BOTH dogs and I panted, gasped and wheezed my way back to the truck.

And you'd think I would have rested once we got home, right? Wrong. We took the dogs outside and let them run themselves like crazy out there, while we talked with our neighbor/friend Brian for about 45 minutes. My low back was starting to throb by this time so did I go in and lay down? Nope! We went out for pizza! But after pizza, I slid right into my pj's and planted my tired, aching body onto the couch. Big D and I have recently discovered House and LOVE the show so we watched a marathon of like 3 or 4 shows in a row.

Can you understand now why I came to work to relax today????


22 weeks: Our baby Hunter


Your Baby This Coming Week

Your baby now weighs almost 1 lb (450g) and measures about 8 inches (20cm) from crown to rump. (Hello, big boy!!)

He is becoming plumper as his fat is being laid down at a high rate, but his skin is still wrinkled and reddish. The wrinkled and loose appearance of his skin is due to the faster production of his skin than the fat that fills it out. The reddish appearance of his skin is due to the deposition of pigment as his skin loses its translucent appearance.

Your baby can kick and punch vigorously by now, but he may also be gently feeling the umbilical cord and rubbing his hands and face against the inside membrane of the amniotic sac that holds him. (Awww! As weird as this sounds, it also seems so cute!)

He is still swallowing amniotic fluid (which provides an important nutritional supplement to the nutrition he gets from you via the placenta) and is passing some of it as urine. The swallowing of the amniotic fluid may cause your baby to get the hiccups and you may even be able to feel this as his body jumps inside yours. (I still haven't felt any hiccups yet, although I think I might have experienced Hunter 'stretching out' this morning. THAT was crazy!)

The lanugo hair on your baby's body may turn darker at this time.

7 comments:

remember moments said...

Whew, that was exhausting just reading your post - that was definitely a busy weekend. Relax!!!

Keri said...

WOW, holy busy weekend batman!
Don't worry things will slow down someday.

RCRambling said...

House is an awesome show. I recommend planting yourself in front of it often! Sounds like a very busy weekend.

Laura B. said...

I hereby declare that you need to start using your pregnancy to your advantage woman! Take it easy and rest. Believe me...in a few weeks you'll have to force yourself to slow down cause that big old boy will start moving north in your abdomen and everything becomes a little harder. Let me just say that putting on pants and tying shoes are activities that are getting harder by the day!

Tendrils said...

I so need to get into "House." Maybe I need to add that to my list.....

I loved the hiccups! When he does hiccup, your whole belly will shake up and down.....it's the funniest thing to watch!

K. Michel said...

I don't wanna scare you or anything but... you kinda got a lot on your plate right now.

Jaina said...

What a crazy weekend! I hope you got some rest at work ;)