Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sometimes my hubby just gets it right.

He'll say something, completely out of left field, that practically takes my breath away.

Last night, as we were teasing each other and acting like the 12-year-olds that do live within us, and I think I was going on and on about how tired and haggard I looked and felt (but making it sound very funny at the same time) when Daryl blurted out with, "I think you're gorgeous!"

Here I was, expecting something totally different--something most likely bratty about how I did look tired, and I was ready with a snappy come-back--left with my mouth hanging wide open. I quickly closed it and a huge, dopey grin took over my face.

"I mean it, you know. I think you're gorgeous." He said seriously, with his back to me as he continued to sand the walls in the nursery.

I am not one who is good at accepting compliments...especially genuine ones. It has taken me years to not stutter and turn red and try to deflect the comment off by making some sarcastic reply. And I've gotten better at it.

All I could say to my Big D, as I watched him sanding, sanding diligently away in our baby son's nursery was "Thank you, honey." And then I quickly moved on to some other conversation.

But inside all I could think of was, "God I love this man."

So, Big D, I know you'll be reading this. I just want to say thank you for you, thank you for all you do and for making me feel beautiful on a regular basis...and....

I LOVE YOU, TO PIECES!!!

Oh...and I think you're gorgeous, too. :-)

21 comments:

remember moments said...

Awww - that IS so sweet!!

Sarah said...

That. Is. SO. Sweet!

Seriously.

Stephanie said...

Seriously..that is too sweet!
Sometimes its nice to hear that when you are pregnant because we dont always feel that way!!
Way to go Big D!!!

Sweetly Single said...

AWWW your a lucky lady!

Krystyn said...

WTG, Big D!!!

Cecily R said...

OH, he is a sweet boy!!!

PixieDust said...

Awwww... :D

Keri said...

ahhh... what a KEEPER !

Ruthibelle said...

awwww... sooo sweet :)

Morgan said...

Aww, I'm gunna cry. Big D needs to come give Kevin some pointers.

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Way to go Big D! We just never know what they're going to say. That's a good thing. He's a keeper, huh?

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

kittyconcerto.com said...

Just as it should be. ;)

Old Mom New Baby said...

So sweet. That's awesome.

Flea said...

Awww. What is it about the Hunny's and their surprises? How very sweet! Keep him, girl!

Steph said...

Awe what a good guy!!!

Robyn said...

Aw, what a sweetie you have!!!

bookflutterby said...

Awwwwwww....that is so cute! :D I find that compliments like that come the WEIRDEST times...for me, I think it is when I look my worst and my dear hubby says something like "You are beautiful!" Strange eh? Must be a guy thing. It's all a conspiracy to catch us off guard. :P Doesn't it make you feel great though??

Emily Jean said...

What a precious moment! Makes the hard times of marriage worth it!

Julie said...

Awww! Its moments like this that makes you realize how perfect you guys are together!!

Tabitha said...

Oh My ~ so sweet!
Your Big D is one in a million XX

Jaina said...

Awww, what a sweetie.