Monday, April 27, 2009

This weekend went by super quick...and *HOT*.


Typical New England weather. It could be cold one day, and the next? 90 degrees.


Friday I got home from work and ate a dinner of frozen pizza while Big D got ready to go to his new part time night job. He started on Thursday. While he was gone, I watched endless episodes of House until I finally fell asleep around eleven.


Saturday we were up and about early. Big D ran to the grocery store to get the ingredients for the potato salad he was making. We had a picnic later that afternoon to go to. The potato salad was the BOMB! Yummy! After he threw it in the fridge, we headed out to Timber's Fidelco class. There are now two litters in the same class, so lots of doggies doing their thing. After class we stopped for iced coffees then headed home where I proceeded to whip up a batch of brownies, also for the picnic. Quick showers, and fed the doggies a SUPER early dinner, and then we were off! I ate a ton at the picnic but it was delicious! I spent most of the time on the sun porch though...this house was in Litchfield county, up in the woods, and the bugs were HORRENDOUS. I also got to hold another friend's totally adorable (and happy!) 7-month old baby boy a good portion of the day. The guys attempted a bonfire but between the smoke and the bugs, I chose to stay on the sun porch with most of the girls until it was time to head out. One of Daryl's friends wife gave us our first "official" baby gift! She is too cute.




Sunday was a fun day. We started off with bagels at Panera (where we asked the general manager if we could bring Timber in the next time. We explained he was a guide dog in training and that he'd be wearing his vest, and on leash, and the manager was more than eager for him to make his debut! So maybe next weekend...) and then after that ran to D's Dad so Big D could get his waders. He was going to go fishing and i had visions of me, in a camp chair by the water's edge, book in hand. It sounded SO nice! Until we realized that D's waders were gone. And his dad had "no idea" where to. Argh.


So after that we drove around a little bit. We made a stop at Cabela's where I panted my way around the ginormous store (but I DO love going there!). Went to lunch at Smokey Bones in Manchester (yummy...I loved pulled pork sandwiches! Big D got baby back ribs) and then hit up a couple stores along the way home.


Once home, I began my project! Painting Hunter's letters for the nursery! It was freakin' hotter than hell outside so along with Timber, I decided to cool off. Have you ever seen a fully-clothed pregnant lady (in a too small non-maternity tank top) running through a sprinkler? No? Well, you're in for a treat.Yes, I admit it, I'm insane.But even more amusing than watching my huge ass jump through the spray? Was watching Timber's first experience with a sprinkler (and water from a hose). Priceless!!





It was a day well spent. I came in afterwards, showered and put on pj's and vegged out the rest of the night on the couch with my honey. Aaaahhhh....

And here is my blossoming (heh) belly). Not the greatest shot. In my pj shorts, covered with dog hair, but you get the idea.

25 weeks: Our little Hunter


Your Baby This Coming Week


Your baby weighs just under 2 pounds (850g) and could possibly survive if delivered now. Your baby measures approximately 9.2 inches (23cm) from crown to rump.
He is growing fast and gaining weight now. His skin is less transparent and is becoming opaque as fat builds up.
Your baby's heart is beating 120 to 160 beats per minute, as you have already heard at several doctor or midwife visits.
Until now, your baby's eyes have been sealed shut, but he reopens them this week. The eyes are almost fully formed and the retinas contain all the layers they will have when your baby is born. Your baby's eyes are blue right now, no matter the ethnic origin or eye-color of you and your partner since eyes do not acquire their final color until months after birth.
Your baby is lean right now, but is getting fatter all the time as fat is being deposited. Your baby's skin is getting thicker and paler and is becoming less red and wrinkled as more fat is deposited.
Your baby has eyebrows, eyelashes and fingernails, though all are short and need to grow more.

13 comments:

the cubicle's backporch said...

I love the shots of you running through the sprinkler! Those are the kind that you should keep for Hunter! :)

Kat said...

Wow! That is a busy weekend. But is sounds so nice. :)
Love the baby belly! :)

Poltzie said...

Those are all cute pics! I especially love that belly though!
I also love the pics (post below) of the nursery. So amazing!

msprimadonna67 said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend!

Krystyn said...

Love the running through the sprinkler! That's hilarious!

remember moments said...

Yay for running thru the sprinkler!! Timber is adorable!!! You are looking great!!!

Stephanie said...

Panera...$10.00
First baby gift...$50.00
Sprinkler pics..priceless!!!

Those were awesome!!
The letters look great..cant wait to see the final look!!
Your little belly looks super cute too!! :)

Emily Jean said...

Your dog is so cute and you are too adorable! Pregnant and playing in a sprinkler! YOU GO GIRL!!

bekah said...

haha you are so freakin cute!

The Captain's Wife said...

I hope you re-arrange those letters before you hang them....lol

And look, now you have the package of NB diapers you need, take the others off your list :)

kittyconcerto.com said...

Timber is always so adorable. Looks like you guys all had a great time.

Gifts already! Awesome! Can't believe how quickly this all is..... crazy!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

You look so cute running through the sprinkler. How exciting to receive your first baby present!!!

I could swear I posted a comment about this post already. Hmm I'm losing my mind I think!

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Jaina said...

OMG I can't wait to see those letters up in Hunter's room! Sounds like you had a good, if quick, weekend. :)