Thursday, May 21, 2009

I had a totally crappy day at work yesterday.



After my blissful morning at the doctor's office, I excpected to continue my day on a high note.



Of course, that didn't happen.



Between a couple of sh*ts hitting the fan at work, stress over me STILL not knowing all I need to know regarding coverage for my maternity leave (in regards to me training someone) and not knowing what I'm coming BACK to--let's just say I reached my boiling point.



And annoyingly enough, what do I do when I'm angry? Yup, you guessed it. I cry. I locked myself in a friend's office and "ROAR!" just let it all fly. I needed to vent to someone outside of the situation and she in turn gave me some feedback that not only made me feel better, but helped me figure out how to continue to address the issues at hand. (sorry I can't go into details!)



I want to have a good day today. I can't go into work in a foul mood, or moody about the uncertainties with my job, so I'm putting it down on paper (err....computer) right now.



I WILL NOT HOLD ONTO THIS TODAY. I have a meeting set up for Friday with some managers. I have a plan for another issue. I am dealing with the problems so I can NOT dwell on my anger/uncertainity/fear or it will freakin' consume me!



And besides, it's almost Friday! I'm leaving work two hours early, at four, on Friday afternoon. Big D will be home when I get there. We're heading to Maine Friday night! I'm so excited.



We're going to visit Carsa, hubby Allen and her two cute boys, Braeden and Chayse--I miss my Mainiacs! We really only get to see them a couple of times of year, one of which being an early to mid-summer trip every year. Since Big D and I can't take a ton of time off from work, we opted to use the holiday weekend to go up there. We'll leave Friday night and come home late Monday afternoon. This is the first time Carsa will see my preggo-belly in person!

And this will be mine and Daryl's "last hurrah" before the baby is born. :-) No dogs, no work, no stress---just relaxtion and some fun around the bonfire in their back yard!

Granted, no margaritas for me, DAMN, but I'll survive. Heh.


10 comments:

Sarah R said...

Sorry about your bad day! I hope today is much better.

Robyn said...

Hopefully you have a very de-stressing weekend.

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

A nice get away is just what you need. De-STRESS. I'll drink a margarita for you!

Amy said...

Crying and screaming are good to get it all out! I'm glad that my job isn't the only one that is not good on the details with the maternity leave. I had to give my job a detailed plan when I moved up to anchorage in November about what I was going to do. I JUST found out two days ago that they typically allow 90 full-time days out of work. Why not tell me that from the beginning? Then they tell me that I have enough leave left (since I'm part-time) that I don't have to do one lick of work until June 19th, and keep getting paid. Great, but again, why not lay all of this out for me a long time ago. . .like we need this stress while pregnant!

msprimadonna67 said...

Sorry about your tough day yesterday. Hope this coming weekend gives you all the relaxation and fun you deserve!

April in CT said...

What a coincidence! We're in Maine for the weekend for my sister in laws wedding. Looks like the weather will be beautiful all weekend so enjoy your time of de-stressing and visiting with friends. :)

Emily Jean said...

Oh sweety! I wish you fast and fabulous FRIDAY!!!!

Krystyn said...

I hope Friday is better for you!

And, sometimes, a virgin 'rita will help!

Jaina said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bad day. I hope it gets better and I know you'll have a FABULOUS weekend!

kittyconcerto said...

I hope things work itself out at work.

And I too had a moment recently where I had to lock myself up in the bathroom and have a quick scream out because I had had it up to HERE. Luckily it all worked it out.

Big Hugs.