Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Saturday was Fidelco's Annual Fundraiser Walk. Daryl and I threw on our sneakers and sunglasses and put Timber into his red "Puppy Guide Dog in Training" coat and gentle leader and off we went!

There were over 1,500 people and dogs, not only Fidelco fosters and current or retired guides, but tons of family pets as well.


The walk itself was a mile-long and afterward, the dogs (and pregnant lady!) got some rest and plenty of water and ice cubes!

Below on the left is Timber's litter mate, his brother Tango, and on the right is Timber.


Then it was time for the demos. First up, the fosters! I'm proud to say, Daryl's SHORTS (from the waist down) and Timber's happy grin were on the Channel 61 news that night! I saw the flash of his green shorts and then our pup, and thought to myself, "Wait a minute, is that Timber?" So, now I can say he's semi-famous. Heh.


Here I am, the SUMO WRESTLER---er, I mean able-bodied walker.


Even after walking (and a slight belly cramp) I was still smiling!

And then it was time for Timber's first canine massage!
He absolutely, positively loved the pampering and melted into the table like a stick of butter. The MT who worked on him kept commenting how he was the BEST dog on the table all day!

When it was time to hop down from the table, Timber so enjoyed his experience of canine massage that he tried to jump back UP on the table! LOL


And on the ride home? A happy, exhausted, SOUND ASLEEP puppy dog. Aaaaaahhhhhh.....

9 comments:

remember moments said...

Timber is adorable. So how does that work? You and Daryl train him and then he goes on to help someone once he completes the training? Won't you miss him?

You look adorable - belly & all.

Love the puppy massage and cute sleepy Timber picture!

Happy Anniversary!!

April said...

Thanks! We foster him for a year to 14 months, take him to classes approximately 3-4 Saturdays a month (we do simple training, obedience, and also a couple walks here and there with the guidance from a trainer in a busy sidewalk setting) and then when he's through with us he will go back to Fidelco and be trained by a professional trainer for 6-9 months. If he passes then, he'll move on to be matched up with a blind person!

- Sarah :-) said...

How cool - looks like you guys had a blast!!

and PS: our insurance is paying for all of this, so thank goodness I haven't had to pay, but no worries - they WILL be fixing it!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I love that photo of Timber with Tango. =)

kittyconcerto.com said...

Awwwwh, what a poor tuckered Timber. So cute. I would try and jump back on the table too. And I agree with Dawn. The one with him and Tango is adorable.

Go Big D and Timber for getting on TV!!!

Julie said...

I Love it!!!

He's like a real baby, get them in the car and SNOOZE!!!

Robyn said...

aw that last photo is great.

Melissa said...

You guys look great!! And the fact you can still walk a mile, IMPRESSIVE.

Timber is truly a beautiful dog and I don't blame him, I like massages, too!

Jaina said...

Awww, I just want to cuddle him all up. He is SO cute!