Friday, May 29, 2009

Things I am THANKFUL for!

Okay, I'm tired of even listening/reading/feeling my own whiny, stressed out, angry thoughts (and posts) so I am giving myself a kick in the ass.

I have to try to propel myself up and OUT of this damn funk. I smiled today for the first time this week where I actually "meant it" and it felt good! So here goes, just a quick list of a few things that make me happy and thankful...


1. Watching baby-Hunter-body-parts undulate beneath my skin. Last night, while sitting on the couch, I couldn't take my eyes off of my belly as it twitched and jiggled and rolled and trembled. Every movement this baby makes feels like a miracle to me. I couldn't stop smiling at my belly.

2. Colored flip-flops. Today I'm wearing pink, and they make me happy.

3. Decaf Iced Tea. I have had SUCH a craving for iced tea the past week or so but any drinks with caffeine in them have really been taking a toll on my belly. So Monday night when I saw that container of Decaf Iced Tea mix in the grocery store I scooped it right up and ran home to whip up a pitcher! Delicious.

4. Fruit!! I'm definitely back in summer-mode (even if the weather here is NOT. Ugh to the rain and chilled air.) becuz all I want to eat now is fresh fruit (and veggies). I'm thinking today I might run out and buy some blueberries and strawberries.

5. Daryl's sense of humor. I swear, that silly man has been trying to make me laugh something fierce the past week or so! Sometimes I just wanna roll my eyes at him, but even when he annoys me, I can't help but laugh at him!

6. My stretch marks. Yes, you read that correctly. I'm thankful for my stretch marks. Some days, I do flinch at the sight of them (hell, you would too, it looks like a wild animal clawed it's way across my lower belly!), but most of the time it's a part of this whole pregnancy process that inspires me. My belly is stretching and changing to continually make a comfy and safe haven for Hunter for the next ten weeks or so. And I appreciate that.

7. Pizza. I'm thinking tonight is a pizza (no cooking/no dishes) night in. I could love on pizza.

8. Netflix. Daryl and I have recently gotten hooked on the tv show House, MD. We are netflix-ing it and currently are halfway through Season 1. I love being able to "catch up" or start watching shows that I never saw before!

9. Clinique's tinted moisturizer (with SPF). I hate wearing foundation...I break out easily and when I used to wear any type of foundation I felt like I was glopping on a layer of spackle or something. And often times it made me break out, especially in the summer. For the past 2 years or so, though, I have been using my tinted moisturizer which goes on light and airy-feeling with just enough of a tint of color to even out my blotchy face. And on the weekends with my moisturizer and a little lipstick on, I feel like a million bucks!

10. Daryl rubbing my bare belly. His hands are so warm and strong and it relaxes me! And I like to imagine that Hunter can feel his Daddy's love!

11. Sweat pants. I have been living, at home at night, in my drawstring sweat pants. They sit so comfortably beneath my belly. My favorites are a pair I bought back in November from Old Navy. SO soft and comfy!

12. My backyard. I may not live in the nicest neighborhood, or in a big fancy house, but gosh darn it...I love sitting outside in a lawn chair in my fenced-in backyard just breathing in the fresh air and watching my dogs run wild. It is very peaceful.

13. My friends. They keep me sane.

14. My Mom and Mother-in-Law. They love us and no matter how old we may get, I still love that feeling of being "taken care of". When one of us has a bad day, and we call our Mom's, they always know the right words to say to make us feel better!

15. Daryl changing the litter boxes throughout my pregnancy. Heh. You laugh but after changing litter boxes for going on like 8-9 years straight, this 7 month reprieve so far, from that dreaded chore, has been wonderful!! Thanks honey!!

8 comments:

April in CT said...

What a great list! I'm diggin' on some fruit lately too and it's so nice to see it making an appearance at the grocery. I made strawberry yogurt popsicles last night for the first time and I hope they turn out good. They sure look pretty!

I hope y'all have a great weekend and hopefully we'll say bye to the rain and dreary days for a while! :)

Stephanie said...

Great list! Lots of things to make you smile! Just try and remember all these things when you start to feel down. Just know that it is very normal to go through many of emotions right now! I think its good you are going to talk w/ your doc just so that they are aware of it though!!
You have so much to be thankful for!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Krystyn said...

What a great list!

And, a great way to get yourself out of a funk by listing everything you are thankful for.

Big D said...

Ha I seriously wish the cats were dead, I only like the one that only comes out when she wants to other wise you dont see her

Heidi Renée said...

Oh my gosh, you have me wanting pizza now! I use that Clinique moisturizer, too. I can't get enough of their products, even though they discontinued my favorite lipsticks.

Heather said...

you are so lucky...i had to still change the litter box during my pregnancy with catherine!

kel said...

Way to find the silver lining...hang in there, your almost there
~K

Jaina said...

What a great post. Best way to get out of a funk I think ;) Good job April! And so many things that make you happy :)