Monday, June 15, 2009

Busy weekend, as always (when aren't they busy??).

Friday night we had my Mom over for dinner to celebrate (belatedly) her birthday. Saturday Daryl had to work so I was on my own cleaning the house. I moved the furniture around in our bedroom (don't worry, it's hardwood floors and I'm talking a bed on wheels and a super light dresser and night stand...I didn't overdo it!) and vacuumed every square inch of the floor to suck up any stray cat/dog hair hiding in corners. I needed to change the set-up of furniture also, not for cosmetic reasons, but to make room for a bassinet! My friend Crystal's mother is giving us the bassinet she has used for her grand-babies when they slept over HER house. She's been waiting (im)patiently for us to take it becuz they are in the process of listing their house on the market, but of course with our teeny-tiny house I first had to make sure we had somewhere to PUT it!

Mission accomplished!

Anyway, we were set to babysit Daryl's cousins (10 and 5 year old girls) around 3:30pm for an overnight sleepover and I was making a mad-dash to get all my cleaning done in time PLUS shower. It didn't happen. I called Daryl hours later, my wet hair wrapped up in a towel turban, feet raised on the recliner, and bawled my eyes out that I couldn't finish it all in time. If this isn't nesting, then I'm just plain insane!

The kids showed up around 4:00-ish and we settled them in with their sleeping bags and stuff before dinner time. We took them out to a nearby pizza place for dinner where Shayne, the 5 year old, had to pee FOUR TIMES in the short time span we were there. Luckily I AM pregnant and I didn't mind the excess pee breaks. What I DID mind, however, was the tiny booth to sit in...where my belly was pressed up uncomfortably against the table the entire meal and I had to keep readjusting. Hunter must not have liked it either becuz he keep pressing outward nad randomly kicking, most likely trying to make room!

Afterward, we were going to surprise the kids and take them to a movie, but timing was off from dinner, so instead we opted for movie night at home. Since we now had extra time, we stopped at a nearby HUGE pet store to troll around in (Daryl chased about Shayne who was a whirlwind, while I lagged behind with her dilly-dallying sister). Then we rented our flick, got pop corn and stopped for ice cream to bring home. During the movie, Daryl passed out on the carpet. LOL Better get used to the hectic pace, honey!!

Sunday morning we took the kids to breakfast at a local diner and then up to see Castle Craig in town. Castle Craig is basically just a tower and by the time I made it up the 4 or 5 short flights of stairs to the top, both kids were moaning about being chilly and wanted to go back down. So down, down, down the slow-moving pregnant lady went! Brought the kids back home, had lunch with their parents then we were off to grocery shop. Of course we made the mistake of going to BJ's (warehouse store) first and I must admit, I picked up some things I probably (okay, definitely) did NOT need...a gigantic box of Tootsie Pops, an equally huge box of Pop Tarts...anyway! Big D and I spent the remainder of our night/weekend eating leftover pizza and watching Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. I liked it, although it was much different than I thought it would be!

Is it nap time yet??


32 weeks: Our baby Hunter

Your Baby This Coming Week

Your baby now weighs about 4.4 lbs (2000g) and measures about 12 inches (30cm) from crown to rump and about 19.4 inches (43cm) in total.

Now that your baby is running out of room in your womb, you can probably see your belly moving as your baby kicks.

Your baby may dream as he sleeps and when awake he may be alert, listening, feeling and even seeing dim shapes.

Though your baby is still inside the womb, he is learning all the time as billions of neurons are making connections.

Your baby is probably in his birth position by now.

Your baby's lungs may be sufficiently developed by now, though if he were born now, he would probably still need an incubator to stay warm.

8 comments:

Jaina said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, if a bit busy. I love the description of Hunter this week. So cool!

Morgan said...

It sounds like you are starting to get that nesting instincts!! The last 2 months being pregnant with Mason I cleaned EVERYTHING, moved furniture..organized closets! I did it all! Hope you are getting some rest after your long weekend! :)

Poltzie said...

Good for you for doing so much at 32 weeks! You are super preggo!!

Flea said...

Hunter's still cookin', huh? Sounds like a fun weekend!

Melek said...

i can't believe you took two girls to a pet store and didnt come home with any puppies or kittens!! :)

Kat said...

Nap time, indeed!!! I bet those kids are going to want to stay with you all the time. Such fun!

32 weeks already! Can you believe how time is flying by? So exciting!!!!

kittyconcerto said...

That's such a cute age to babysit. Funny that you and a 5 year old have the same bladder capacity! LOL

Kel said...

I am so excited for you...I'm still following and can't wait. It is summer which means busy-busy, but busy isn't always a bad thing. :)
~K