Wednesday, June 10, 2009


Today I'm paying homage to the woman who brought me into this world...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!!

You were born 55 years ago, today, a happy bouncing baby girl--the second oldest child in a family of three brothers!


And cute as a button!
I know life has had it's ups and downs, Mom, but through-out it all you've taught me to have a sense of humor. One of my favorite past times with you, is drinking tea and just laughing. Do you remember the time we sat in my new tiny apartment on Center Street, struggling to piece together shelves you had just bought for me, and giggling so hard that I actually peed my pants?

Life hasn't always been easy to you with your illnesses, but you always manage to plug through it all with your typical spunk and color that I've come to expect. You're the woman who will wear pig tails, or fake tattoos, and who isn't afraid of what people will think of you...you ARE your own person and I admire that!



You love your pets as if they are your own children and from you, I've learned to appreciate and cultivate a special love of my own for animals. You taught me how to bake and Daryl continually thanks you for that! :-)

And you've also taught me how to be the kind of Mom that MY child will come to for advice, for comfort, for love. I always know you are there for me!!

Because of you and the love you shared with my Dad, I've always searched long and hard for that special someone of my own. As a child, I watched you and Daddy continue to hold hands, kiss each other hello and goodbye, work out your disagreements and never go to bed angry and just BE there for one another as a complete union.
You have taught me what a marriage is and should be and I know Daryl and I will continue to be successful at it due to the values you instilled!


And one of my most favorite things to watch within the past four years, is the relationship and the love that has blossomed between you and Daryl. I always wondered how it would be, that mother/son-in-law relationship, and it gives me happy goosebumps to see you (and him to you!) tease and love him as your own.



Thank you for being the best Mom ever!
Daryl and I, both, love you and hope your
birthday is magical!

P.S. You will be a FANTASTIC Nana to little Hunter (and no doubt, spoil him rotten) and I can't wait to see you hold him for the first time!!!

9 comments:

K13 said...

Very sweet post and tribute to your mom. Happy Birthday to her!!!

kittyconcerto said...

Awwwwwwwwwhhhh, how sweet. I especially love the pic of you with a perm! Awesome!

Krystyn said...

Happy Birthday to your momma!

April in CT said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!

Brought a tear to my eye..I'm going to have to give my mom a call.

Kel said...

Happy Birthday to your mom, I hope she has a wonderful day!
~K

Emily Jean said...

Precious! Happy B-day to your Mama!

Poltzie said...

Aww, happy birthday to a great mom, a great mother-in-law and a great future Nana! You are blessed April!

Jaina said...

Happy Birthday April's Mommy!!! (and Hunter's Nana!)

Tabitha said...

OMG April ~ I am just off to re apply my make up now! That was such a sweet and wonderful post for your Mum and I have tears streaming down my face now.
Love and big hugs Tab XXX