Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Ugh. I am sick.

I don't really know if it's a cold/allergies/whatever...I did see some friends Saturday night and found out (after already being there for an hour) that both their 7 year old and 3 month old baby have colds. I've been really good almost this entire pregnancy with steering clear (as much as I can anyway with work, etc) of sick people. Oops. So, not sure if I inherited their cold or what. Sore throat, runny nose, head ache...blah, blah...

I ended up calling out of work yesterday between that, my tummy issues this weekend (and the only culprit I can see is...Doritos? Cuz I had the SAME issues again last night and it was after dinner where I had with it, what else, Doritos. Hmmm....) and also for one other very important ANNOYING reason.

My damn PUPPPS rash. (PUPPPS stands forPruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy. Now THAT'S a mouthful, huh?). Yep, the doctor confirmed it yesterday at my prenatal appointment. I had already read enough about it during this pregnancy (and even done some research when I first developed a rash with small-red bumps, and which has now morphed from just bumps into an almost blotchy, red hive-like appearance) but had almost talked myself out of it. You know, "Oh no, April, that's not what you have. It's probably just a dang heat rash." But no heat rash is going to last for going on two weeks!

It started on my legs (specifically my upper thighs, on the outside of my leg) and since this weekend it has spread to my hips and down one leg, mid-thigh. It is itchy as all HELL.

No, wait, that doesn't give it enough credit. It is insanely, annoyingly, uncomfortably, painfully, "scratch-your-skin-until-it-almost-shreds-and-still-don't-get-any-relief" kind of itchy. Yeah, it's that bad. Last night I was even woken up a couple of times to scratch. And that annoyed me becuz #1, I knew that scratching would bring me no relief. And #2 that I wake up ENOUGH to pee and now there is something ELSE getting me up at all hours of night. Argh. So just to make these wake-up's worth my while, I added in a pee break. ;-)

Needless to say, I'm feeling like a hunk o' crap today. I had to come back into work cuz I had too much stuff to get done otherwise I'd still be on the couch, under a blanket, scratching away.

Yesterday I went for my prenatal appointment. It was actually supposed to be today but since I called out from work, I asked to switch days. I've gained two pounds the past two weeks which normally might sound bad, but since I had gained FOUR pounds the previous two weeks before...LOL...I'll gladly take just the two pound gain and not question it! Baby Hunter's heartbeat sounds great, as usual. The doctor told me to pick up some OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream for the itchy rash but basically said "The only cure for PUPPPS is...birth of the baby!" with a big smile on his face. Thanks, buster. Heh.

Also, good news I'm sure you all were dying to find out...I CAN have sex again! WOO HOO! Of course funny enough, I find this out yesterday when I felt so crappy. Convenient. I did, also, bring up briefly with him that I've been feeling "down" (for lack of a better term) for the past two weeks or so and while I do NOT necessarily think it's depression creeping in, I did just want to mention it becuz my own doctor said it's something to keep an eye on (considering I suffered from depression and/or anxiety multiple times in the past and they like to be aware of it to be on the alert for PPD after the baby is born). Eh. I don't *think* I'm at that point. I seem to be in a slightly better frame of mind the past couple of days so I'm going to try to run with it! But I certainly don't see the harm in being hyper-aware.

So that being said, I have NOT been a good blogging buddy lately and I apologize for that. I just haven't felt the "energy" to do much comment-posting. Plus when you are in a funk, it's kinda hard to pull it together to sound all peachy keen, ya know? So I'm sorry for being a slacker. Don't hate me (becuz I'm grumpy)! Heh.

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

We dont hate you! I promise!
Sorry you arent feeling good though..thats the worst when you are preggo!
Get well soon!

Erin Roseberry said...

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. Can you try taking one of those Aveeno Oatmeal baths? Just make sure the bath isn't too warm. Did the Dr say you could take Benadryl or anything at night to help you sleep and/or relieve the itching a bit????

Amy said...

I had a cold the week before I delivered (obviously not the reason I delivered, so don't fret!). It was awful. I couldn't take anything, couldn't breathe. One night I got up, sat on the recliner with a steaming cup of water held under my nose and a blanket over my head trying to unstuff myself. Terrible.

I didn't know you were in the no sex club! Though I should have figured, with the bleeding. Don't you want to try to beat my record of seven + months without? Ugh. . .and even after I got the go ahead, hubby made us wait longer, because he was freaked out I'd get pregnant again, and he told me, "If you tell me you are pregnant again, I will drop dead." and then just to emphasize, he put his arm straight up in the air and let it keel over, to show me what dead means, apparently!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Hope you get that cortisone cream quick. Ugh that sounds really annoying. Itching without relief. I completely understand about being in a funk. Don't think you have to be all sunshine and rainbows on my blog. I'd rather keep it real. Life isn't always ok and sometimes you just have to feel whatever it is you're feeling. I've been MIA from the blog world lately but I feel the need to want to check on you and make sure everything is ok since you're preggo. :-)

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

the cubicle's backporch said...

Yuck, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so blah. Maybe a little sex will put a pep in your step! :)

Morgan said...

Hope you feel better soon April, and don't worry I have been a bad blog buddy too! I'm glad to hear baby Hunter is doing good! I can't wait to see his puuurtty little face in pics! :)

msprimadonna67 said...

I'm sorry you've got that awful itchiness to contend with, and a cold to boot. Feel better soon!

Krystyn said...

I hope things start looking up for you and you start to feel better.

And, of course, sex always helps!

Kat said...

Ugh. I think you have a good reason to be grouchy. That rash is a major pain in the arse, I'm sure. You poor thing.
Hang in there!

Julie said...

We love you April!!!

kittyconcerto said...

Wow. I feel like I should be apologizing because I haven't had the energy to keep up, you know? But I'm sorry to hear about your PUPPS. Doesn't sound pleasant at all. Hang in there!

Poltzie said...

I've been too busy to read blogs lately but I've missed you so I made a point to set aside some time to read your blog today! I've just gone back a few posts and I'm sorry you are having such a horrible pregnancy! Hopefully things turn around soon!

Jaina said...

I've been a bad bloggy buddy too, so no worries ;) I hope you feel better soon! Sick is no fun...I can only imagine that sick while pregnant is even more no fun.