Monday, July 20, 2009

I have weird, random dreams ALL NIGHT LONG now. Most of the time I can never remember any of them. And the majority of them have NOTHING to do with the baby or labor. But one from last night, I know had our sweet baby boy in it. I dreamed that he had adorable little dimples...one in each cheek. And that he was smiling (yes, I do realize it will be a while before we see him smile!)

I have NO IDEA where this dream came from...but it made ME smile, and that's all that matters!


37 Weeks: Our baby Hunter


Your Baby This Coming Week

On average, at this time, a baby weighs about 6.8 pounds (3100g) and measures about 14 inches (35cm) from crown to rump and 21 inches (47cm) total in length.

Your baby is still growing and gaining weight. Your baby may gain as much as 1 ounce (28g) a day at this point.

If your baby is a boy, his testes should have descended into the scrotum by this time. Your doctor will check that his testes have descended after delivery. About one percent of boys will have undescended testes. (This happened to my cousin A.J. who is now 10 years old. He had to have a surgery about a year or two ago to correct the problem, the poor little thing!)

Your baby has been building up waste in his intestines for the past few weeks. Called meconium, this waste is greenish-black and is made up of material from blood cell break down, shedded cells from the lining of the intestine, skin cells and lanugo shed into the amniotic fluid and swallowed, as well as other sources. Meconium is the first waste your baby passes and the first diapers that you change will probably be comprised of this greenish-black, tar-like substance. There is also a chance that your baby will excrete meconium before delivery and have some covering his body.

7 comments:

Kat said...

Oh yeah. I hear ya on the dreams. When I actually do get to sleep I've been having some crazy ones. And for some reason every time I'm pregnant I dream about ex boyfriends. Nice, huh? Sheesh.

You are full term now! Hunter could come at ANY TIME!!!!! :)

Krystyn said...

So close now...I remember those crazy dreams!

Enjoy all the sleep you can get!

Birdee said...

I'm constantly having the most bizarre dreams now, and usually about LO.
Last night he was up for who knows how long kicking the crap out of my innards, but I stayed asleep but the kicks were a part of my dream, and they actually hurt, it was annoying because I dreamed somebody was tickling me too hard digging their fingers in my sides and wouldn’t leave me alone. I was getting mad until I woke up and felt it was him, then I just turned to the other side and he mellowed out and went to sleep.

Poltzie said...

You are now full term! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that Hunter cooks until he's ready and not a moment too soon!

Jaina said...

Awww, I can't wait! OMG the wait is killing me! I want to "meet" Baby Hunter already! Haha, I can only imagine how YOU must be feeling if I'm going crazy already ;)

Melissa said...

Holy cow, look at how close you are!! I bet you will see smiles before you know it!!

Can't wait!!

Stephanie said...

So so so close! And as for the dreams, I remember having some crazy ones myself! Isn't it odd?

And you may see him smile sooner than you think - sometimes they do that when they pass gas - it's pretty funny ;)