Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another chaotic day but for me this time, not Big D.

I had an u/s scheduled this morning to find out baby Hunter's estimated weight and then another appointment this afternoon with my OB to go over everything (including possible induction if he was big). Today at my appointment when we started to talk about how u/s showed baby is approximately 8 lbs. 5 oz. already I just suddenly (not becuz of that) started bawling my eyes's like everything is just catching up to me. Even though we *think* Daryl will be coming home tomorrow (but if not tomorrow then DEFINITELY Saturday), I still have been feeling like I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, Dr. measured my belly and poked and prodded and is pretty convinced that baby is bigger than u/s tech said. She took my blood pressure and was surprised to see it was elevated for the first time this whole pregnancy. So after informing me she'd have the nurse re-check it, she left me something to cover up with and said she'd do an internal. After my mini meltdown in her office, when I mentioned that I WAS seriously wanting/thinking of being induced at week 39 (which I hit on Sunday), the doctor said she'd do the internal becuz obviously if I was still closed up tight and cervix not thinned out at ALL we would wait a bit for induction. I just have to preface anything else I say with: please no one judge me or critique me for this decision...I know everyone is different and feels differently about induction but this is mine and Daryl's personal decision and what we feel is right for us. I'm sorry if I sound bitchy but this is just been a very HARD and draining day (day? who am I kidding, WEEK!) for me so I am sorry if I come off as snotty, cuz that's not my intention!

...Anyway, I was SO ready for the internal exam to be really uncomfortable and hurt and for it to feel like she was reaching a FIST up my wazoo, but I felt like she'd BARELY gotten her hand in there when she said "Ok, you're 80% effaced, 1cm dilated and --tap,tap,tap--feel that? I'm tapping on baby boy's head!" And when my mouth opened in surprise, she tapped again as if to prove the point. It was amazing! He is SO LOW. It explains so much about how different I've felt this week as well...SO much more tired (and not just becuz of running back and forth to hospital to see D), and uncomfortable and I kept saying all week to anyone who'd listen that every time I spread my legs a bit (even just to sit in a chair) that it felt like Hunter would fall right out. I've had incredible rectal pressure the past couple of days as well; I can't tell you how many times I went to the bathroom thinking I had to go, only to sit there and not do anything. But of course with my crazy, emotional week I wasn't focusing on all of this as much I usually would have.

So after the nurse confirmed my elevated BP, and after my internal, the Dr. sent me straight over to the hospital, Labor & Delivery to get some blood work and monitoring done to be sure no Pre-E. I assured her that my elevated BP was most likely from how stressed I was but she is a "better safe than sorry" kind of doctor which I appreciate. Off I went with my Mom in tow (she had accompanied me to the appointments today since D could not) and we were there for about an hour and a half. Thankfully, no Pre-E! But said it was stress-induced hypertension.

Anyway, we have decided to induce on Tuesday (unless Hunter makes an appearance beforehand on his own, but I really hope he doesn't cuz I want Big D and I both to get some relaxation and SLEEP this weekend once he's home from the hospital). Also, the doctor wrote me a note for work...they have been calling me like EVERY DAY becuz this week I took the whole week off (using the last of my vacation time) due to Big D's being ill and they kept asking me all week by email/voicemail (knowing my due date is so soon) if this meant I was starting my maternity leave already, blah, blah, blah and I SWEAR I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack! So today I was able to call my boss and tell her that my maternity leave starts Monday (so LEAVE ME ALONE! Well, obviously THAT part I left unsaid).

Anyway, I'm home now, trying to relax but my damn cat pissed all over the couch and I seriously just cried about it (this is NOT the first time she's done it as you probably recall me saying...and this is NOT the couch she had peed on was the OTHER one. These cats are slowly but surely ruining my house). My mom was still over when I first smelled the urine and tracked it down, and I just screamed and started crying angry tears. So I'm gonna try to bring the cat to shelter tomorrow or this weekend (although there are TWO it could be, but I don't know if shelter will take TWO from it cost $45 per animal and I can't do that this week. I'm feel like I'm losing my mind!!). I feel like a total shithead cuz it probably seems like I'm of the mindset "Screw all the animals, I have a baby coming" but it's not that. This has all been building for years now. For YEARS this cat has pissed on furniture (ruining two mattresses, another couch, a chair...), clothing on the floor, rugs,'s just finally all coming to a head for me.

Tuesday (Wednesday) CAN'T come quick enough. With Big D by my side and hopefully really on the mend now...and once that baby boy is finally in my arms---this whole horrible, crappy week will be over.

I just can't wait to kiss Hunter, and smell him and love on him!!


Kori said...

ACK! How exciting. Can't wait to see the little fella. I bet he is going to be absolutely gorgeous. Try not to stress too much. It's all gonna work out and be soooo worth it.

My Two Army Brats said...

You're doing great! Hang in there its all going to come together for you soon.

Kat said...

Oh you poor thing! You have really been through it this week. Yipes.
And I don't think you sound bitchy at all. I generally think people should shut their traps if they don't agree with something, unless otherwise asked. Know what I'm saying?

Anyway, big prayers that Big D can come home tomorrow and you two can start some relaxation time.
Hang in there!!!!

Stephanie said...

Hoping Big D makes it home tomorrow! You 2 deserve a few days of relaxing before Hunter comes! I cant believe he will be here by next week!!!!

MarciaBrady said...

Wow April!! What a crazy week! I'm glad D is going to be home soon!! And, that you'll be having that baby soon, but not til D gets home!!

I'll keep you both in my prayers. :)

Sarah said...

Geez lady, no wonder your BP was high!
Good to hear D will be coming home soon, though not soon enough for you I'm sure. =)

Rest up as much as possible sweetie, your baby boy will be here in no time!

Heidi Renée said...

I'm so glad you have a date! I hope he stays put that long, so you two can enjoy your weekend together!

Anonymous said...

I hope he gets home in time!

The Captain's Wife said... do what is best for you..screw what we may or may not think.

Let me tell you that at my last 3 appts with the OB before Kira came...were water works. She would walk in the room and I would bawl. She would ask me to get dressed..I would bawl..she would say I'll see you next week..I would bawl.

You are totally Human. Totally Normal....

You are gonna be a momma in under a week! OMG!

Stephanie said...

I chose to be induced as well and had a perfectly happy and healthy baby. It is nobody's right to judge so don't worry about what anyone else thinks. It's your baby.

I wish you and Daryl as much rest and relaxation as you can get leading up to the day that your little boy enters the world.

Congrats, April.

Krystyn said...

Oh, it's so close. Hopefully, baby Hunter waits for Big D to get home and get all better before making his big arrival!

Kel said...

Oh YAY! I'm so excited for you and I hope you get some much needed rest this weekend. I'm still praying for Big Ds speedy recovery.

Take it easy - the big day is almost here!

Fidgeting Gidget said...

WOW! Enjoy your last weekend without a baby! :) Relax as much as you can, and I can't wait to see pictures!

Sarah R said...

Good luck with everything! It sounds like Hunter is ready to come. At my last appointment, I was 80% effaced and dilated to a 1, and then I ended up having him within the week (6 days early, although mine was a little peanut at 6 lbs, 6 oz!)--but everything was PERFECT!

I am sorry that your cats are (literally) pissing you off, but I would be doing the same thing you're doing.

I hope Big D can get out today; if not today, then early tomorrow, so you two can relax together at home before your little guy gets here.

Your work can EAT IT! I can so see them doing that at my work... ugh. Just RELAX! Try not to let them get to you (I know it's hard).


K13 said...

I sure hope things calm down for you and soon!!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks April. Everyone has to do what is right for them. We're behind you 100%. You've had a rough week. I'm praying Hunter stays put til you and Big D get some rest. So excited that you're almost ready.

I hope you get some rest girlfriend. The big day is almost here!!

Much love from NJ,

Morgan said...

Oh April I'm so friggin' EXCITED!! OMG!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Hang in there girl, it gets better. I swear. :)

bekah said...

aw sweetie, what a rough time you have been having! but...TUESDAY!!!!! Holy Cow! I cant wait to hear how it goes and see your new family pictures!!! Im so glad Daryl is on the mend and will be home soon as well!

Flea said...

I had to be induced with all three kids. I hated it, but it wound up being great. No unexpected water leaking in public. No middle of the night contractions. Everything by the book, in the hospital. Frankly, after the week you've just had, it's probably the best thing that could happen to you. Enjoy!