Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Belly Shots at 34 weeks

(and if you want to be technical...34 and a half weeks! I can just never seem to get the pictures taken when I first want to!)

By the way, sorry the photos are so grainy...horrible lighting in my bedroom this morning...


I love looking at my big, beautiful belly! And Hunter has been obviously getting tighter and tighter in there...it feels like he is constantly trying to stretch so my belly pushes out and gets super hard, often. And this morning I woke up with what felt like presumably a foot lodged underneath my rib. Can you say, OUCH?


While I have definitely enjoyed being pregnant, and Daryl and I both have enjoyed watching my belly grow, I think we are BOTH so ready for this baby to make his grand entrance. I know for me personally, I'm ready to feel "normal" again and not like an old lady. I can barely get up off the floor from a sitting position anymore, my body pops and creaks and groans like an old house settling, and every single time I stand up and little Hunter falls deeper into my pelvis, I suddenly have to make an unexpected run for the rest room.

And never mind the fact that we are SO READY to see this little man! The nursery has taken shape beautifully, and I can't wait to share pictures of it with you (once the dresser is in, which should be this week, I promise to post pics!).

I took an extra day off from work tomorrow (I already had off Friday for the holiday) so that not only will I have a four day weekend BUT I have my Mom coming over (she offered) to help me clean (sanitize!! ARGH!!) the entire house. As the sands of this pregnancy-hour glass wind down, the nesting instinct has taken on an almost obsession-like quality. And since my house is currently a pigsty it usually either makes me want to CRY (which I've done) or scream bloody murder (which I've also done). So finally cleaning it from top to bottom I think will help alleviate some of that anxiety.

And I'm also now factoring in the nerves. I'm so close that I can't help but focus on the thought of labor more and more...how will it be? How long will it last? Will it hurt horribly or not too bad? How long can I hold off before I want an epidural? On, and on and ON the questions in my brain go....

Anyway, that's my life in a nutshell right about now. Daryl and I both are super excited, anxious, nervous, scared, happy...all rolled up into a crazy ball of emotion! But on a good note? I still have an innie belly button. WOO HOO!!!!!

17 comments:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

You make a beautiful pregnant lady! You look great! I can't believe you're getting so close! Thanks for posting about everything as it happens, I've really enjoyed following along.

Cecily R said...

Oh, you are so close!

I'm glad you've enjoyed being pregnant for the most part (I'm glad someone does...ahem, NOT me).

And I totally get just being ready to meet the little guy and see what you've been feeling for months. SO exciting!

Cecily R said...

Oh, and April...you look STUNNING.

Morgan said...

You look so awesome my dear!! Can't wait for the nursery pics, but more so Baby Hunter pics!! :)

Sarah said...

I love these pictures! You are adorable, seriously.

Krystyn said...

You look great.

Look at Hunter growing. The last couple weeks are definitely the most uncomfortable...plus knowing it's coming to an end makes you want it even faster.

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

You look wonderful, Momma! I can't believe how close you are getting. I am glad to hear that your Mom is coming to help out - I remember how good it felt to get through that insane period of nesting where every-other-moment is filled with tears and/or screaming.

nancy said...

You are gorgeous!

About all the thoughts about labor, how I approached it all was - it's going to happen whether I figure it out beforehand or not. You WILL get through it. So just take it minute by minute and allow yourself the permission to deal with it as you have to deal with it at the moment. Until then, when you find your mind wandering, just think of Hunter. Think of the prize!

(my labor/delivery was SO DIFFERENT from what I had been obsessing on beforehand, there is just no way of knowing so try your best to tell your nerves to shut the hell up!)

Robyn said...

lol, I kept my innie too. I'm glad I didn't get the super nesting phase though.

T~T said...

look at you gorgeous girl!! so close now!

Julie said...

Loving the belly!!

Tick, Tick , Tick.......

RC - Rambling Along... said...

I remember those fears and just know (even though you will still have those fears) that you will make it through - and that the pain will be over with when all is said and done, while you will have the best gift in the world to hold. And if you need an epidural, don't be afraid to ask for it.

K13 said...

Great pictures. You look adorable. I am certain you want Hunter to arrive ASAP, the end is the most difficult and then add the nerves about pain and such. I was the same way. You'll do great. Can't wait to see pics of the nursery.

ALF said...

Congrats on the innie. I hope I keep my innie. Hope you're feeling well.

Emily Jean said...

Oh you darlin girl! That belly is great! You look like you are ready!

Birdee said...

Wow, you look fantastic April =D
I'm starting to have L&D dreams. It will be interesting to see how different this one is compared to my first. You just never know.
and I never had an outie with DS, but I'm sure developing one this time around :/ (heh) kind of cute though =D

Jaina said...

Lookin good lady! I can't wait to see the pictures of the nursery when you get the dresser, I'm sure it's beautiful!