Monday, July 13, 2009

I am thoroughly and utterly exhausted.

While this weekend was fun, it definitely took a lot out of me.

I have no recollection of what we did Friday night so I'm assuming I came home after work, ate dinner and went to bed? Heh. Saturday we were up and out of the house by like 9:30am. I had the urge to go berry-picking. The raspberry-picking was fine...even with the amount of walking I did, the breeze blowing through the field felt awesome. But by the time we drove down to the blueberry section and "hiked" the relatively short walk across the street, I was feeling it. And by "it", I mean instant fatigue. Between that, and sweating like a pig, I only picked about half of what Big D was able to pick. He was moving much faster!

Then we headed down to the orchard store, one of my ultimate favorite places, and picked up some corn on the cob and a couple other odds and ends (including apple cider and cider donut holes, yum!) before I hobbled back out to the vehicle. We stopped for grinders at a local deli then headed back home to eat and relax. The plans for that evening were to go to friend's house to watch the UFC fights on PayPerView, and they didn't start till 9:30pm, so I knew I would need to rest up. I planted my butt on the couch and didn't move for hours...I even managed a nap in the middle. I was feeling so worn out, that I finally told Daryl that I couldn't get up to make the brownies I'd already offered to bring to our friend's house later that evening. So Mister Betty Crocker kindly baked them for me. We were at our friend's house till 12:15am and pulling into our driveway by 1:00am (after I had passed out on the entire ride home).

Sunday morning we headed out to Lowe's and Michael's to get a couple of items. We still needed to put up a shelf in the baby's room, get a doorknob for the nursery's closet door, as well as get a wooden dowel to hang the small hanging quilt that Big D's Grandma made to match Hunter's bedding. While he handled all of that in the nursery, I vacuumed and then straightened up the bedroom in preparation to put the bassinet in there. Crystal was bringing it over around 11:30-ish and she stayed for tea and to see baby Hunter's almost completed nursery. After she left at 2:00pm, Daryl and I ran out to grocery shop before my Mom came over. While walking around the produce section, I started to reeeeeeeally droop so I grabbed a quick small coffee for a buck. It was just enough steam to get me through the rest of our shopping...along with another pee break and many random BH contractions and moments where I had to slow down from the intense low pressure. I do feel almost as if Hunter has dropped even more. Walking is harder and harder, the pressure is super intense and often stops me in my tracks, and I have to keep tabs on rest rooms no matter WHERE we are.

Back at home I put away all the groceries while Big D sanded and put another layer of sealer on the bench for the nursery, and my Mom came over and hung out. I was going to make dinner but after putting my nightgown on at like 4pm (I was so uncomfortable in anything I wore!) and sitting on the couch, Big D took over the cooking and made my Mom and I a kick-ass dinner of seasoned, grilled chicken breasts with sauteed onions, corn on the cob and steamed green beans from right out of our garden! Mom left sometime around 8pm and Daryl and I watched tv until he passed out on the couch and we headed for bed sometime around 10pm. Despite sleeping till 6:30am today when my alarm went off, I still feel like I've been run over by a mack truck! I lost count of the many times I woke up last night...most of the time I woke up becuz of my aching low back, hips, shoulders...but I forced myself to get up and go to the bathroom each time cuz sure enough I always had to pee! Oh and I did take belly shots but forgot to upload them so I will try to post them tomorrow...


36 Weeks: Our baby Hunter


Your Baby This Coming Week

Your baby is now considered full term. He weighs approximately 6.5 lbs (2950g) and his total length is about 21 inches (47cm). Your baby's crown to rump measurement is about 14 inches (35cm).

By now, your baby's head may have engaged into your pelvis.

You may feel that your baby occasionally has hiccups from his "practice breathing".

Though your baby is considered full term, he is still growing and developing both his body and his brain.

He is still laying down fat at a rate of more than half an ounce every day.

13 comments:

ALF said...

You're almost there - so exciting!

Stephanie said...

Every time I see your name on the updates, I get excited! i keep waiting for the "Hunter is here" post! lol
Take it easy girl..you need plenty of rest! He will be here before you know it!

Birdee said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
I totally get the fatigue too.
I have RLS and want to run a marathon, so I stand up, and by time I get to full standing position, I'm winded and need to sit back down. ;P

K13 said...

everytime i see a new post from you i think it will say "Hunter has arrived"...I'm so excited for you...almost there.

Kat said...

Oh man. Reading all of that made me exhausted. I get out of breath walking up the stairs these days. And Man! I am so swollen!!! Nutty.

I love that we are only a few days apart in our due dates. Fun! :)

Hope you are able to rest up some.

April said...

In my defense, I have a REALLY hard time just sitting still lately...it's like my brain/mind/body/whatever still feels the need to keep on the move, and keep busy DESPITE the fact that my body obviously can't keep up! LOL Saturday, sitting on my ass for hours while relaxing as it was, also KILLED ME! ;-P

Flea said...

Tell that baby to come out of there! Who's in charge, mom? Scary, isn't it, that he's in charge, even before he's born. :)

Emily Jean said...

WOO-HOO! You are considered FULL TERM!! Come on HUNTER!!!

Peeveme said...

I know what you mean about being tired I was not like this with my 1st pregnancy. I feel like such a slouch! But I think being tiring is normal.

MMMM...berries

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Love all the labels. Rest up Mommy to be. Hey, I just got your email..I have been a tad MIA from the blogging world. I will add you and create a post or two. Hang in there.

Jaina said...

Just reading that made me exhausted! Soon April, very soon. :) I'm SO excited!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Wow girl! I think you have more energy than my kids...combined!! Just think how great you're going to feel once little Hunter is here. It kind of feels like you're walking around with a bowling ball between your legs, doesn't it?

Not too long now. I see your babystrology only has 25 days to go. Woot woot!!!

I'm dying to see the finished nursery.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Krystyn said...

Dude....I'm tired from that and I'm not preggo!

So close now.