Monday, July 06, 2009

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July weekend!


I know I did.


My four day weekend started on Thursday. Mom met us at IHOP for breakfast and then afterward, she came over and helped me clean the kitchen and bedroom. It took hours to organize and go through old mail etc. that had piled up so I wasn't able to get to cleaning the bathroom by the end of the day, but I was still relieved with how much we accomplished!


Friday we had a somewhat busy day planned. Daryl's good friends from high school, Todd and Mindy and their two kids, came over around noon for pizza and to hang out. They also brought a shower gift becuz they were unable to make the shower. AND more hand-me-downs. Holy Crap...I think we are DONE with hand-me-downs. Ha. More on that later. Anyway, after a couple hours of visiting I quickly whipped together a batch of brownies and off we went to my cousin Jenn's BBQ. I ate SO much (or at least it FELT like that, cuz I get so full so quickly....although I was still able to get down dessert!). Even despite the crazy on and off rain spritzs and passing thunder storms earlier in the day, we were able to sit outside. Everyone was going to the fireworks afterward in town but I was way too tired for that so we headed home.


Saturday was a gorgeous day so Daryl suggested we go to the lake to visit his Grandma and Dad and cook on the grill. We made a pit stop at the grocery store and big mistake--Daryl let preggo-lady pick out all the food so we ended up with way more food than necessary. Especially when we found out that Daryl's girlfriend was not at the lake AND his Dad had to leave before we ate. Anyway, I sat out on a lawn chair for a couple hours, reading, staring off at the action on the lake, and occasionally dipping my toes in the cold water. I brought my bathing suit but then decided it was a tad too chilly for swimming. We ate a late, late lunch and visited with his Grandma till about 5:30pm when I was ready to call it a day. (And realized that I got wicked sunburned! Dude, I almost forgot what the sun has felt like after WEEKS AND WEEKS of rain and thunder storms!!) We didn't realize our town was doing its fireworks until later on when it was already ongoing and I was in pj's in bed watching TV, otherwise I probably would have wanted to go. But it was probably a good thing we didn't, I have been totally exhausted every single day now.


Sunday dawned another beautiful day, sunny and breezy and the temperature just right! We packed up Daryl's fishing gear, my camping chair and a book, and then headed out. Grabbed a fast food breakfast on the way and then hit one of his favorite fishing spots along a river close to his childhood home. It was even slightly chilly by the water's edge, under the canopy of trees, so thankfully I had a towel that I draped over my legs while I read. After a couple relaxing hours of that, we were off to Babies R Us to pick up Hunter's dresser! Unloading that puppy was a pain in the ass, but Mr. Muscles Daryl did it and the craziest part of all, is that the dresser was fully assembled in the box so all he had to do was take it out. NO assembly required! I dove into organizing the clothes and misc. baby items in the closet and dresser and immediately found myself sitting on the nursery room floor, ass aching (until I was smart enough to sit on a pillow...and man getting back UP off the floor was almost impossible) surrounded by piles and piles of clothes, most of them hand-me-downs, and on the verge of tears (AGAIN...all I seem to do when overwhelmed or stressed lately!) when I realized there was so much and I couldn't figure out where/how to put it all away. Thankfully my mom showed up and was a HUGE help in getting me back on track, and helping organize by size and season. We were able to take out the stuff that we knew would be too small/big for the seasons so that helped downsize the piles a bit. Now, the closet and dresser are PERFECT! And I still have way too many clothes! LOL I told Daryl that most likely Hunter will NEVER WEAR THE SAME THING TWICE. Lordy! Is it possible to have a spoiled little boy before he is even born?



35 Weeks: Our baby Hunter


Your Baby This Coming Week

Your baby weighs about 6 lbs (2750g) and measures about 20.7 inches (46cm) in length. Crown to rump measurement is about 13.5 inches (34cm).

Your baby now feels lower in your pelvis.
Your baby continues to grow, kick, and move about.

Your baby's face has filled out and the cheeks now look plump and full. Fat baby cheeks are caused by fat deposits, but also by powerful sucking muscles which your baby has been honing by sucking her thumb.

Your baby's skull is firm, but it is not hard as it needs to give a little when it is passing through the birth canal.

Your baby's head is probably down by now, but about three percent of babies present in a breech (bottom down) position. Your doctor may try to turn your baby around if it is in a breech position by putting pressure on your abdomen. This is called external cephalic version (ECV) and is effective in about 50% of cases. If your baby is in a breech position, ask your doctor about what your options are for the birth. You may or may not require a cesarean delivery.

9 comments:

April in CT said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful long weekend! I couldn't get OVER how beautiful it was yesterday. We took our canoe out then came home to do a few things outside. Gorgeous!!

Kel said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the 4th. Glad you had a nice weekend - not much longer now! Yippy!!!
~K

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend! Sounds like it was really nice. I cannot believe only about one month longer until you can hold your sweet baby Hunter! So exciting!

Amy said...

We got lots of hand me downs too, and promises of more. It's nice, but sometimes I feel like we are a dumping ground. Some of the stuff we can't use (like you said, won't fit during the appropriate season), some is kind of too dirty. .. and then I'm stuck getting rid of it. And then you sometimes don't get the fun of buying stuff yourself!

Stephanie said...

Wow...busy bees!!
Sounds like lots of fun though!
I'm so glad you were able to get the dresser and go through the clothes! I know that was weighing on your shoulders alot!
I loved getting hand me downs for the first couple months, because you buy all these cute brand new outfits, and you never leave the house! They are usually in onesies and gowns for a while anyway!

Krystyn said...

Sounds like a great, nice, long relaxing weekend.

Flea said...

A watermelon!

Trannyhead said...

Sounds like fun - and yee haw to 5 more weeks!

Jaina said...

Yay for mommies coming to the rescue. Sounds like you had a fun and productive weekend. Happy belated 4th of July!!