Tuesday, July 07, 2009

While Daryl and I continue to prepare our home, our work schedules, and our lives to welcome this baby boy...I feel like my body is continuing to do IT'S own prepping as well!

I had some more Braxton Hicks contractions last night, which in itself, isn't out of the norm for me. However things just started to feel differently last night. About fifteen minutes before the end of my work day the contractions started and for the next 25 minutes or so as I packed up my stuff and walked around the school to lock up (I turn off lights, lock inner doors, having to go up and down stairs) I was completely winded and out of breathe and feeling my belly tightening up. I just attributed it at first to the exercise I was getting. But the BH contractions continued on for the ride home and the next two hours.

It was the usual tightening up/hardening of my entire belly and the hard-to-breathe feeling but then accompanied by lots and lots of low-belly pressure and sharp stinging pains in my va-jay-jay. I stayed laying on the couch the whole time on my left hand side, drinking lots of water and trying to relax. Even baby Hunter was in on the action...that was NOT his normal "busy" time (he pretty much moves around like clockwork, I know his schedule pretty well now) and this was a straight 2 hours of active movements from him.

I'd like to think this is my body slowly getting ready and gearing up for the big day in our future! I also started off my morning today with more low pressure, down below, and the feeling (sorry to be TMI) almost like I had to have a bowel movement. It's so crazy to feel him this low! I swear, the kid feels like he is going to drop right out! Heh.

Anyway, lots of emotion for me today...we are turning in Timber tomorrow night and it's a bittersweet moment. Things have gotten to be way too hard at home with the three dogs. Between Timber who is a rambunctious 9-month-old, 65+ pound puppy who often times practically knocks me off of my feet, and Daisy the mean aggressive dog, I've had LOTS of stressed out teary moments. So we finally bit the bullet and let them know we would need to return him early (normally we'd be fostering Timber till he was approximately 12-14 months old). Even though we don't want to, it will be the best thing not only for us but for the puppy as well, since neither Daryl or I can devote the time and energy to training him and giving him the attention he needs and deserves! We are solely focused now on getting ready for the birth of our first child so this obviously takes IMMEDIATE precedence.

Do I still feel like an utter asshole that we can't keep him? You betcha. So tomorrow night, I can predict myself and Daryl bawling like little babies. And this also now makes me feel the urge to find resolution with Daisy...and fast. I can't keep prolonging it cuz it is only making it worse for me. I'm currently looking into some no-kill shelters in the area but I need to find one that is not afraid to take in an already aggressive dog. I know the humane society will not take her. And I just. can't. bare. to. put. her. to. sleep. The idea is like a knife in my side. :-(

10 comments:

Morgan said...

Your body is definately getting all geared up! I'm sure they are checking you internally now, where you dialated or effaced any at your last appt.?

photogirl218 said...

Sounds to me like you'll be having that baby early!

K13 said...

I can't wait 'til baby Hunter makes his appearance - how exciting. I don't remember any significant changes in my body pre-E's birth, but then he was 3 days late and I was induced so maybe he would have been in longer if we'd let him and I would have eventually felt something? I dunno.

Sorry to hear about the dog situation. I don't envy you - that is a very stressful place to be. Can someone maybe temporarily take Daisy for you?

Robyn said...

I hope you find a solution with Daisy. It is so hard, they become a family member.

kittyconcerto said...

You have to return sweet Timber AND darling (sometimes) Daisy?! Oh man, no wonder you and Big D might be bawling tomorrow. Big Hugs!!!!

Amy said...

when I was having the real contractions, I felt like I had to take a giant poop. The nurse kept asking, when she saw the contractions on the monitor, if I was feeling pressure in my pelvis. I said no, I feel like I have to go poop. She said that's a contraction. And I said, well then I'm having lots of them.

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry you have having to deal with all the emotion of turning Timber back in. I think you definitely should allow yourself a good cry over that. I know I would. But you are doing the right thing for you and Hunter.

Birdee said...

Don't underestimate what your body is doing, every little surge is bringing baby that much closer to your arms. I'm so excited, it's amazing how our bodies work, isn't it?
I hope the next few weeks goes fast for you, I can't wait to see you with little Hunter.


I'm so sorry about your fur-baby
=*( ((hugs))

Tabitha said...

Hi there ~ just checking in with you ~ have been the worlds worst blogger recently! I cannot believe that the counter is at 32 days ~ how mad is that??
I hope that you are doing ok ~
Take care
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

Jaina said...

Yay for getting closer to the day! I'm so sorry about Timber and Daisy. Just think though, soon you'll have little Hunter in your arms. :)