Saturday, August 22, 2009

As of Tuesday, Hunter will be three weeks old.

Three weeks? ALREADY? Where has the time gone??

And what happened to my newborn? Already, the skinny legs and arms he was born with have begun developing sweet little fat rolls. And his face is chubbing up nicely into an adorable double chin. As of last Wednesday, he is 9 lbs. 3 oz., so he made it back up to his birth weight (after losing a pound) and then some. That makes Mommy very happy.

And he's started making all kinds of adorable sounding noises...between those and his "smiles" I am smitten. I can't stop kissing him.
I can't stop staring at this little baby in amazement as he continues to change and grow before my very eyes. I can't stop kissing him and thanking God for bringing him into my life. I feel so incredibly lucky and blessed. I can't stop gazing at Daryl and realizing that my love for him has grown; he's helped me create this beautiful little life, this piece of both of us. Daryl's nose and forehead, my chin and lips, my feet and long toes and legs, and Daryl's wide hands...all of it we can see in our boy, Hunter. There is no doubt we made this boy!

Breastfeeding is going great. Hunter latches on and eats like it's his job, and I'm also up to pumping three times a day (granted, at least one of those times I don't get a ton of milk, but I'm still keeping it up). I've only just begun to freeze the breast milk for when I go back to work, plus I like to have at least 1-2 bottles a day that Daryl can feed his son. I think they both need that bonding time to talk to each other, and stare into each other's eyes. It is endearing to watch and listen to!


Oh, and we can't forget about Tucker. Tuck is quietly in love with his human brother. He doesn't bother the baby with unnecessary sniffing/licks but he does make sure to lay nearby. And when Hunter is crying from his pack and play, Tucker always makes sure to go check things out. He is also exceptionally gentle...we let the dog come up on the bed occasionally when I have Hunter laying between us and Tucker gently slides into a laying position so as not to disturb the baby. He gives him a cursory sniff and content, lays his golden blond doggie-head down in contentment.
All in all, we've fallen into a comfortable pace of life, even with the lack of sleep some nights, and I wouldn't trade my family for the world!

19 comments:

Rachel said...

Three weeks already!?! Time flies! Enjoy all of this precious time with your little guy!

Amy said...

My god, for a second I thought the picture of Hunter sleeping in the green shirt was one of Daryl.

The Captain's Wife said...

Oh how the time does fly...I can not believe that in 2 short weeks Kira will be 7 months old already.

Hunter looks very happy April..you and Big D are clearly doing all the right things...

Heather said...

wow that time did fly by!
love the new shots...especially the one with the dog and him. glad you are not one of those crazy parents that do not let the pet near the baby!

Robyn said...

He looks great. Good to hear everything is going well.

April in CT said...

He's so precious!! I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! So happy for you guys. :o)

Poltzie said...

Isn't being a mom the best! And if you think you like it now, you just wait until he's about 3+ months. SO FUN!!

ps. I love the squirrel story, made me LOL for real!!

Stephanie said...

Isnt he so sweet?!?! Those pics are just precious!! I'm so glad bf is going so well! Its good to get them used to a bottle early (in my opinion) so they dont get use to just one! Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time as a amily of 3!!!

Sarah R said...

Wow, time is flying! I am so glad to see the breastfeeding is going well. Don't worry, he's STILL a newborn! ;) He still looks so "baby" to me. Wait until you have a toddler. Sometimes I look at Andrew and want to cry because I miss the baby and am amazed at the little boy he is now.

Julie said...

3 weeks already? Holy smokes!!!

He is a cutie, lovin that tucker is smitten.

Melissa said...

Can't blame you, I would do lot of kissing on him, too! That face just needs to be kissed.

I'm glad you guys are settling in nicely!! Now you just need to get some rest!

Rachel said...

He is sooooo precious!

bekah said...

wow three weeks already?! crazy!! Such a sweet family!!!

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Aww - love that Tucker has adjusted to his non furry brother with ease!!

Krystyn said...

3 weeks already! He's so handsome.

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

You two created a beautiful little boy. Glad things are going well with Hunter. Enjoy each and every day/moment. They grow up way too fast.

Sarah said...

he is such a handsome boy!

JennyMac said...

So tiny and precious! And I love his name.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I'm sorry but did you say THREE WEEKS?? And this was posted almost a week ago?! Someone clearly hit the fast forward on the remote control of my life.

That boy of yours? Adorable. =)