Saturday, August 01, 2009

Just a warning...this post is gonna be TMI!

So, I am picking up my Big D from the hospital today (FINALLY) so I was puttering around the house eating breakfast etc., basically trying to kill time but still relax my tired body (which is hard to do when you're feeling antsy!) when I suddenly had a HUGE nesting instinct kick in.

I started washing dishes and then dusting and vacuuming the living room, but had to stop when I realized I needed to pee.

Ok, here is where the TMI part comes in for those who don't want to read it. Heh.

Before I sat down on the toilet I noticed a little something floating in the toilet (and not to be gross but I hadn't had a bowel movement since yesterday, just been peeing nonstop all night and morning, so I know it wasn't that) so I just shrugged and sat down to pee. When I wiped and looked down at the toilet paper, it was definitely more than just pee on it! It was tinted a very light, light brown with some little spots here and there of mucus. Not a lot, mind you, but enough to make me take notice that's for sure! And almost immediately after that I started having some gentle (not painful) low belly cramps, almost period-like, followed by instant diarrhea.

Could this be the start of losing my mucus plug? Do you think this could be the beginning of early labor? Is this wishful thinking on my part?

Like I said in my last post, at my internal exam on Thursday my doctor told me I was 80% effaced, 1cm dilated, she literally tapped on the baby's head and she did strip my membranes. I have an induction scheduled for Tuesday but now I'm wondering/hoping I go into labor on my own!

Of course I called Daryl just to give him a heads-up and make sure he tells someone there that he needs to be discharged SOONER rather than later. Well of course the nurses went to tell the doctor and he is a total asshole who doesn't like to do what others tell him, so he told the nurses he was too busy right now with other patients and that he'd stop by Daryl's room later. He said he'd be discharged by noon. Daryl is pissed, his poor, sweet nurses are pissed at the doctor, and and here I am at home still vacuuming. LOL

So I'm pacing, pacing, pacing, feeling anxious now (still nothing other than low belly cramps which is good)...heh heh...I know I probably still have tons of time but I'd feel much more relieved having Big D HOME with me while these changes start happening, ya know? It's disconcerting enough to not know what is happening but when it happens when you are completely alone, it SUCKS! And of course my Mom is LITERALLY in the middle of moving into her new apartment right now with a rented U-Haul so she can't even come over and visit me. I think I'll just go take a shower and then maybe lay down for a while and watch tv. The dog is watching me pace and HE is all anxious, crying and pacing. We make a good pair. Ha ha!

Anyway, fingers crossed everyone, how perfect would it be for my body to get this ball really rolling on it's own this weekend??? :-) Hunter could be here even sooner than we thought, if that is the case!

19 comments:

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

It sounds like things are headed in the right direction - on all accounts! Good luck!

Kori said...

Oh how exciting!

Sounds exactly how I remember it with Jacob 12 years ago.

This is only the beginning sweet girl. So get ready!

Krystyn said...

Sounds like the plug to me...here's my advice. Labor will start on it's own...rest, put your feet up and drink lots of water!

So soon now!

The Captain's Wife said...

April - the day I went into labor I lost my plug the exact same way you described @ 7:30 am...had period like cramps and lower back ache till 1pm then the contractions started...Kira was born 25 hours later....

OMG please send me a text or call me if you go in this weekend 860.638.9352

Julie said...

WOWSERS!!
sounds like the plug too. I noticed something similar on Thanksgiving before Em was born, she was born the following Tuesday.

Showers/baths can stop or slow labor in the beginning. Walking can get it going. So keep those in mind while you wait for Big D.

My advice...SLEEP....sleep while you can. Just in case. Remember my story- up from Sunday morning til she was born on Tues. SO damn tired!!!!!

Keep me posted!!!!!! :)

photogirl218 said...

Definitely labor signs girl! Hopefully Big D is rested enough. Good Luck and keep me posted when your headed to the hospital. I'm sooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat said...

April, that sounds to me like early labor. That is very similar to what happened with my third labor. I lost my mucus plug in the morning and told Todd that I think that is what happened. I had diarrhea for the rest of the day and then had Ben late that night.
It sounds like it could be today or tomorrow to me. Try and relax, the shower is a great idea.
I'm so excited for you!!!!! :)
Good luck! :)

Sarah said...

Sounds to me like he is on his way! Rest up kiddo, I think the contractions will start sooooon.

Flea said...

Woohoo! Kiss sleep goodbye, woman!

Rachel said...

How exciting! I hope Big D is home soon and that you quickly deliver that little miracle! :)

Steph said...

Hope Big D is home and you are resting! I like Aug 3rd as a bithday since it is my own! Lol

Sarah R said...

Sounds like it to me! I had diarrhea when I went into labor (and at no other time during my pregnancy). :)

Heather said...

just like Julie said, laying down slows things down and being active speeds things up.
good luck!

My Two Army Brats said...

I'm so excited for you. I just got on my computer for the sole purpose of finding out if your hubby got to come home yet and if you're feeling alright! I hope all is well! I can't wait to see the pictures of Hunters first day with two of the proudest new parents I've ever met(read about)!

Kat said...

Update! We need updates! Of course, I understand you may be busy right now, but I'm so curious if you are in labor right now. Or if Hunter is even here already!
Can't wait to hear some news! :)

Sarah R said...

I bet she had her baby this weekend! Can't wait to find out!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Ahh, the mucus plug...always a charming story. HE HE..hope all is well and that Big D gets home soon. Just rest and relax. Very exciting.

LC

PS-I am no longer private..blog is back to open reading. Missed you guys!

Peeveme said...

Thinking of you! FYI when I list my pug is was TOTALLY not mistaking it. Mien came out all at once. I guess if you loos your little by little it might be a little less noticeable.

the cubicle's backporch said...

How exciting!! Keep us updated!!