Thursday, August 27, 2009


Today was an exciting day for THIS new Mommy!!


It started at 3:00 am when I was awakened by Hunter's cry. That is when it dawned on me that my little man had slept through FIVE consecutive hours of the night. Holy smokes! That is the longest he's gone yet and I have to admit, I woke up repeatedly before he did--pretty much scaring myself awake--to check and make sure the baby was still breathing and alive.
I just couldn't believe he was still sleeping!

Aren't those lips to die for? He is going to wow all the girls someday, my little man!!

After nursing at three in the morning, Hunter fell back asleep--for another THREE straight hours! Go, baby boy! Needless to say, Mommy and Daddy got some fantastic sleep last night.


After kind of a hectic, stressful morning (Hunter has been suffering from some unbearable gas, and spitting up, the past couple of days and it's made him a VERY cranky boy) I finally got out and on the road. I was heading over to my friend, Angel's, to borrow her breast pump (up until this point, I've been renting one from the hospital) and she made us coffee and lunch. I had an awesome time visiting, exchanging baby stories (she has three kids) and just catching up.

At one point, Angel asked if we'd done any tummy time with Hunter yet. We have only done it once or twice, and kinda leaned him on the boppy.
So today, we put him flat on his belly on the floor and to Angel's surprise, little Hunter lifted his head completely up and off the floor.

I keep tellign people how strong he is--that he holds his head, yes wobbily but still, up on his own and that he has already rolled over onto his side--but I think most people believe me to be exaggerating, the eager new Mommy.
Heh. Well, this time I had a witness.

He completely lifted his head AND legs up off the floor here. (He's crying cuz turns out he had an incredibly dirty diaper at the same time! LOL)

After that, he promptly rolled over to his left side and then, almost as if he decided he didn't like the view, Hunter completely reversed and rolled to his right side..and then COMPLETELY rolled over!!!

Thankfully Angel had her camera out already and was busily snapping pictures while we cheered him on.

Holy crap, Mom! WHAT just happened???

I am so proud of my big boy!!! I swear my love for my son grows more and more every day.

18 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! How awesome! He looks so big and adorable!

photogirl218 said...

AWWW! Great Pics! Go Hunter Go! You look awesome by the way.

Sarah said...

April, he is just so damn cute! And you look great by the way.

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Yeah for sleep! And LOOK OUT, Momma! Cooper did his first roll from belly to back at about that age - and the kid hasn't stopped moving since!

(And you are right - those lips!)

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness..he is just so precious!!
Those lips are so cute!!
You look great too momma..way to go!!
What a strong little guy!!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy things are going so well for you. And it's VERY exciting when they sleep even an hour or two longer than normal. But I did the same thing you did and woke up a lot to make sure everything was okay :)

Congrats to your little man on rolling over! They are such a joy :)

Kel said...

He is so adorable and growing like a weed.
Have a wonderful weekend! :)~
~K

bekah said...

aw!! way to go big guy!!!!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Check out your boy, showing off his skills! =)

K13 said...

Wow - that is amazing!! Great pictures too!

And if you keep posting about all the sleep you're getting, I may have to stop reading...just kidding...but still!! lucky girl!

Melissa said...

Wow, he's hitting those milestones early, huh?

And you look great! Looks like you've lost weight, breastfeeding helping?

Poltzie said...

WOW - rolling at three weeks is AMAZING!! Good work Hunter!
CHicken held his head up at 2 weeks but rolling was about three months ( I think).

Congrats on the 5 hours - Chicken did 5.5 at 3 weeks when we took him camping - I remember that it was amazing! Now it will just keep getting better and better!

Heather said...

those are the best days...those are the days that makes me be sad when i think i am done for about 3 seconds until i look at my monster now almost 2 and repeat several time..."they grow up and be pests" a quote that i will forever remember that came from catherine. enjoy him and and many more if you choose.

Morgan said...

WOW rolling over already! He is going to be advanced at all his milestones, I can tell already! He is so freaking cute April, and you are right...those lips are to die for! I just want to give him smooches! Give him some lovin' from me! :)

Sorry I have been terrible at commenting during this wonderful new beginning of your life as a mommy...things have just been overwhelming with my Grandma passing away and all. But- I'm always thinking about you, Big D, and especially Baby Hunter! Much love to you all!

Emily Jean said...

Way to go little man!!! He is so precious April!

Birdee said...

I have the same boppy =D
He is so cute, yes! to die for lips.
I love new borns, and I understand the love growing, you think your maxed out and it's impossible to love any more w/o exploding, then what do you know, you fall even deeper.

Krystyn said...

What a big boy! Look at him showing off his tricks for the paparazzi!

I hope the sleeping continues!

Trannyhead said...

Good for him! I'm glad he's doing so well.