Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So, life is pretty good right now.




(sorry pic so grainy....took it with my cell phone)

I've been enjoying my maternity leave (so much so that I've started having nightmares about going back to work...I wake up practically in tears) and spending time with not only my sweet baby boy, but my Mom as well! The house is amazingly clean (something I can never seem to get it to on a daily basis while working full time)and almost all the laundry is done. It looks great!


I love my hubby so much...he's been such a great Daddy and watching him cuddle and whisper to his son makes me feel like I can't breathe. It's blissful. Daryl has been picking up some overtime lately so I feel like I don't get to see him as much as I'd like, but I know he is doing this for the sake of his family, and I'm so grateful. He is the reason I'm ABLE to take a 14 week maternity leave (half of which is already over. Boo). I am enjoying every second (poop, spit-up and all) that I get to spend at home with Hunter.


One of my favorite holidays is coming, Halloween, and even though Hunter is so little I can NOT wait for his first real holiday! And yes, I do plan on dressing him up. Haven't figured out in what yet, though. Any ideas?


My friends rock. I know they understand that things have been crazy-busy so I don't feel like I have to constantly explain myself about why I've been scarce. Being a Mommy is definitely time-consuming but I wouldn't trade it for anything. However, it was freakin' AWESOME to get out the other night with my bestest, April #2, for a little "ME" time. I really, really enjoyed a heavenly White Chocolate Martini and some nachos, along with INSANE amounts of laughter. We even got hit on by some 21-year olds which was an ego boost considering I've been feeling so fat and blah lately (although I just found out at my appointment yesterday that I've lost 27 lbs since Hunter's birth, woo hoo!).



Hunter is a very easy going baby. He doesn't cry just for the sake of crying. And he's entered into a fun stage right now of smiling, talking and laughing.




The other day my neighbor popped over and was holding him and suddenly Hunter turned his head and saw me and smiled in recognition. I swear his whole face lit up like sunshine. And it was such an overpowering moment to me that in the middle of my sentence, I floundered, stuttered...and started to giggle like a girl with a crush. I couldn't get back my train of thought at all, I was so blinded with love by my little man's smile at me! We've seen him smiling before that point, oh yes, but this time I could say 100% without a doubt that he was smiling at ME. That is wasn't gas, or his fascination with the ceiling or the lamp. He was happy to see his Mommy!


And then the other morning came the giggles. Daryl, Hunter and I were lying in bed together, being silly...when suddenly Hunter let loose with a peal of laughter directed right at his father. It was infectious and I couldn't help but laugh myself!


Anyway, I've finally started using the video camera and have some silly clips of Hunter "talking" and I'm posting one here below. I love this stage! He's so stinkin' cute!










video

14 comments:

Kat said...

You sound so happy. Isn't it wonderful? I don't blame you for dreading going back to work. I would be too. But everything will work out just right. :)

So glad everyone is doing so well. :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Awww! Your post just made me smile. =)

April in CT said...

Holy stinkin' cuteness overload! He's just adorable!! He sounded like he was working hard on a present for his mummy. LOL

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

What a cutie pie. Enjoy that TIME off with your sweetie. Girl time is always needed, don't ever forget that. I can smother myself in Darren and Lauren but know it is okay to spend time with friends. Congrats on the weight loss. You'll slim back down before you know it.

K13 said...

I love his onesie!! So cute. I really enjoyed buying super cute onesies for Ethan like that.

bekah said...

Oh he is SO cute! I wish I could see this little man in person! I love his chin(s)!!!

Jaina said...

Oh he is too stinkin' cute!!! I vote pumpkin or lion for Halloween :) And of course, I demand pictures. (but nice like, ya know ;) )

Emily Jean said...

Oh he's sooo cute and that onesie is precious!! Love the chubby legs!

Rachel said...

I can't imagine the emotions that you must have right now... I've always been nervous about when I have kids... with the whole going back to work thing... I give you credit!

msprimadonna67 said...

The most adorable infant Halloween costume I ever saw was a turtle. The little guy napped through the whole Halloween experience, and he was on his belly. He was in a little green sleeper with a pillow-like turtle shell on his back. So cute!

Birdee said...

I'm grinning ear to ear watching that video, i even think my milk came in when he screached (lol). He's so dang adorable, I can see why the girls are crowding him.
I'm getting smiles and coos but cant wait for a giggle.

kittyconcerto said...

You crack me up on that video. And Hunter is adorable... including his onesie. :)

Trannyhead said...

What a handsome guy!

Poltzie said...

Oh I LOVE baby farts LOL! And 27 pounds WOOHOO! Nice work Mama!!