Sunday, October 04, 2009

Dear Hunter,

Today you are two months old.

I can't believe it. My newborn baby is two months old!


You are a blast to be around. In between Mommy eating and kissing your beautiful cheeks, nonstop (sorry, kid!), you smile and laugh and are enjoying your baby life! You love to be sung to and so far, your favorite seems to be "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Mommy and Daddy also think you are starting to try to imitate certain faces we make, which is hysterical to watch.

About two weeks ago, Daddy weighed you on his work refrigerant scale (in your car seat which itself, is nine pounds...talk about a workout!) and you were 13 lbs 4 1/2 oz. My big handsome boy. You are wearing clothes sized 3-6 moths OR even 6-9 months, with a little room to grow.



You are looking more and more like your Daddy every day. You're broad across the chest just like Dad, which makes it hard for Mommy to sometimes get you into shirts. I think you are going to be tall like both of your parents. You have incredibly ticklish feet and yet we can blow raspberries on your belly and you barely even flinch!

You love constant motion. Whether it's napping in your swing (the ONLY place I can get you to take any naps longer than 15 minutes), driving in the car or being rocked and cuddled, you are a happy boy. You sleep through the night like a champ in your crib and after a morning snack, you go back to sleep, blessedly giving Mommy a few extra Zzzz's herself.


Your eyes, which are slowly turning brown, follow Mommy and Daddy adoringly no matter where we are. Daddy sometimes gets mad that he'll be holding you and you are staring after me, but hey! You are a Mommy's Boy, and that is a good thing! Also, you've started paying more attention to your doggie, Tucker. I even witnessed him smooch you and your giggle in reply, this afternoon.

You have already watched your first and second football games with Daddy and you LOVE when Mommy reads you books at night before bed.

You are also a baby who loves water, much to Mommy's relief! Bath time is fun but you LOVE talking showers with your Daddy! Even if the water accidentally squirts you in the face, you blink a few times and then coo contentedly. You love to "talk" to your stuffed animals, toys and mobiles and also you stare in fascination at all the pictures on the walls, so Mommy has started to point everyone in them out to you.


Hunter, you are a silly boy! Your laughter is contagious! While Daddy got his eyes checked at the doctor's office, Mommy walked you around the brightly lit waiting room and you stared in awe around you. Your eyes landed on a picture of a woman modeling glasses and oh my goodness, the silly giggles that you let loose with! I didn't care who heard me, I could not help but laugh right along with you!

Your smile is like the sunshine that brightens up our days. Neither Daddy nor I can imagine life without you.

Thank you so much, little man, for blessing us with the gift of parenthood. You will never know (until the day you have your own children) how much it means to Daddy and I!

We will continue to love and cherish you forever!

Love Always,

Mommy

P.S. I promise to kiss those chubby cheeks until you are an old, OLD man.

8 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

awww..you made me cry a little.

Very sweet April...

Grandy said...

2 Months already?!? OMG!!

Sweet post lil' lady!!! So much fun when you can take the time to appreciate the little things (or big things, if we're talking about cheeks). ;)

Morgan said...

Aww that was so sweet April! He is adorable...I would kiss those cute cheeks also if I were you! I agree he looks like Daryl but can bet you he will be a mommy's boy! You are doing so good momma..you are a wonderful momma and he is lucky to have you both as parents! :)

Stephanie said...

Cherish every month..they go faster and faster. I say it all the time, but its such a bitter sweet feeling. To see them grow and become such little men, but at the same time you want them to stay a baby forever!!!
He is ADORABLE!!!
Those cheeks are so squeezable!!!

Flea said...

Oh my GOODNESS! He looks just like Daryl!

Melissa said...

Motherhood obviously agrees with you. Hunter is adorable!!

Sarah R said...

I tagged you on my blog! http://dragonandrew.blogspot.com/2009/10/over-top-award-1-word-quizkreativ.html

Jaina said...

Two months already?!?!?!?! Tell him to slow down a little, please. :) Those pictures are absolutely adorable! Hunter sounds absolutely wonderful :) Give him some extra smooches for me! ;)