Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm so excited...spooooky Halloween is almost here!


Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays (the other favorite being, of course, Christmas).


I have to admit, due to having a newborn at home (when do you stop referring to them as newborns? I would say soon, right? LOL), has drastically taken away from my holiday decorating so far this year. Granted, I'd take my baby boy over decorating ANY day, if I had to make a choice.


Anyway, I just did some cutesy decorations around the house and some pumpkins on the front steps outside. And even though there was the potential for me to go absolutely wild costuming Hunter this year, I opted for a low-key and inexpensive costume. He's obviously still too little to trick-or-treat but I sure wasn't going to let that stop me from ANY costume for him!


I think Hunter is going to be a bumble-bee, providing his costume fits. It is a size 0-6 months and it seems a tad big but I haven't tried it on him yet so looks can be deceiving. If it doesn't fit I'll put him in one of the two cutesy hooded sleepers he got from my shower (one is a bear and the other is a moose, I think. Both hoods have ears).


Tonight Big D and I are going to start carving our pumpkins with Hunter! I can't wait, it's one of my favorite Halloween-past times.

Saturday morning I'll be taking Hunter to the local mall to meet with a few of my friends and their kids. The mall has trick-or-treating from 11am-1pm all around the mall so it will be fun to get some pictures of all the cute kids in their costumes. Later in the afternoon, we'll pop over and visit my Mom, Hunter's Nana, so she can see him in his costume. And in the evening, we're going to go with our friends Todd and Mindy (with their kids) over their friends house first for some hot cider and roasted chestnuts around a fire pit and then off to trick-or-treat!


I think Hunter's first Halloween will be fun!


Anyway, you know I can't leave you without a couple of cute baby boy pictures.

Smiling at his 5-year-old second-cousin, Shayne.




Trying out his Bumbo seat for the first time. Hunter is not quite sure what to make of it!





50% Mom and 50% Dad!

11 comments:

Morgan said...

WOW April he has changed so freaking much! He is so darn adorbale and i want to kiss his wiwwle cheeks!! :)

Kat said...

He is such a big boy already! And so cute! What a stinking handsome little man. And I can't believe he is sitting in his Bumbo already. Wow!

I love Halloween too. One of my favs! I'm so excited! :)

Sarah R said...

He's so cute! He's definitely getting bigger. Can't wait for pics of him in that Halloween costume...

CanadianMama said...

Ok, I hope you put him in all of the costumes and take lots of pictures! Nothing is cuter than a baby in a costume!!

I LOVE that first picture of Hunter. It's like you shrunk down Big D!! So freakin cute!!

Jaina said...

He is SO cute and just keeps getting cuter!!! I can't wait to see pictures of his Halloween costume! Sounds like you have a great Halloween planned :)

My Two Army Brats said...

He is soooo cute! My son had a dinosaur outfit for his first halloween he was 3 months old. It was too cute!

April in CT said...

Oh my goodness that picture of him in the chair is so cute!! The look on his face is priceless! LOL

He truly is an exact mix of you and your honey. I can so clearly see you both in his face.

Jen's Farmily said...

I love the first shot of him in the Bumbo(?) seat! He looks like a little old man trying to figure out what in the world is going on! So cute!!

Amy said...

He is so big! And doing so good in that Bumbo. Gabrielle does well until she starts to get tired. She's so busy trying to grab everything around her, instead of the little armrest, that she starts falling around like a drunk.

photogirl218 said...

OMG! He is getting so big and changing so much. I think he's looking like you some too! Awww and I love to see him in the boys clothes, it brings back memories of when they were small and then I get baby fever, lol! Miss you all!

April said...

Cars, I was HOPING you'd see him in that shirt! I have a picture of Daryl holding CHAYSE wearing that shirt so I was gonna have Daryl hold Hunter so I could get a similar shot, but I forgot! LOL
We miss you too, girl!