Friday, October 30, 2009

A little bit of Halloween and a preview of Thanksgiving...


We broke out the pumpkins last night for carving. It was a little bit different this year as we had to do it after diaper change and then just as we were about to begin, Hunter decided he wanted to eat, too. Then he started to get sleepy mid-way through his feeding so I realized I'd have pictures of a half-asleep child.

Anyway, here you go!
Start with two pumpkins, preferably orange but a green and orange mix will do.

Add in two cute boys.

First sit baby beside pumpkin and take a few quick shots before he falls asleep.


Then put sleepy baby to bed and immediately commence pumpkin-carving. Scoop out the guts, separate the seeds for roasting and let Daddy handle the sharp instruments.


Voila!



Wait to hear Hunter and Daryl's snores, fast asleep, before corralling Tucker over for some picture-fun!



Is this thing edible?



Okay, Mom, I posed. Now can I puh-leez eat the pumpkin seed that fell on the carpet??


And here is a little tidbit preview of the torture---uh, er, I mean fun--I have in store for dog and baby, this thanksgiving!


Note: No Dogs were embarrassed in the making of this blog post.


He was handsomely rewarded with dog cookies afterward!


7 comments:

Robyn said...

I wish my dog was as cooperative as yours. He's been a plain pain in the hinder.
Hunter is too cute.

Krystyn said...

Too cute. Isn't it funny how things take so much longer with kiddos?

RC - Rambling Along... said...

I just carved pumpkins for the first time in years, and for the first time with our little guy. Everything does take longer and needs more planning! (Love the dog torture, I mean costume.)

Jen's Farmily said...

Aww... I'm sure when Hunter is older, he'll appreciate that you took those pictures. (either that or be horribly embarrassed as you show them to his date! ;) )

Jaina said...

Looks like you are having tons of fall holiday fun over there!

ALF said...

Tucker is so cute I want to squeeze him!

Dizzy Vizzy said...

This may be the cutest post so far - can't wait until Thanksgiving!!