Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just chillin' out on a Saturday morning in my drop-dead sexy (just ask Big D) flannel nightgown, listening to the sounds of white noise emitting from Hunter's swing as he rocks and naps.

Aaaaahhhhhh.....

Last night was fun! We had Lorelei over for dinner (this was her first time meeting baby boy!). I had a delicious glass of Merlot and boy did it hit the spot. As did dinner, Daryl grilled a pork loin (that a chef friend had already seasoned and marinated in fresh garlic from a GARLIC FARM. Who knew?) and I tried out a new recipe that was utterly fantastic...TWICE-BAKED SWEET POTATOES. Seriously, if you like (or LOVE, as I do) sweet potatoes? You. Must. Try. This. Recipe. Add in a side of steamed broccoli and you get a fabulously delicious meal.

My mouth is still watering at the thought of those sweet potatoes.

Not much else going on. Big D is out hunting this morning and then maybe we'll hit up BJ's (our friendly neighborhood warehouse store) later on. I'm DYING to go to the movies but since I know the second movie in the Twilight Saga, New Moon, is soon to come out (November 20th to be exact!) I'm saving up my babysitter usage for that night. I already told Big D not to make plans for that night!

Tomorrow will be low-key. I want to make breakfast for me and Big D, something yummy. There is some sweet-smelling maple bacon in the fridge calling my name. And at one, Hunter and I will be meeting with 'Chele at the 'Bucks for one of my all-time seasonal favorites...Gingerbread Lattes!

Daryl is heading out to work in the evening so my Mom may come over for a bit to visit. We'll probably watch a Christmas movie. Yes, you heard me right...is said CHRISTMAS MOVIE. I'm in the spirit, baby. Daryl and I will be going out to get our fresh Christmas tree the weekend of Thanksgiving (we're spending the weekend at his Mom and Step-Dad's but we will come home Saturday so that we can put up our tree that Sunday) and i can't wait! I'm ready to start sloooowly dragging out some of my Christmas decorations to start sprucing up the house.

AND I'm very excited. I recently ordered, and had it arrive the other day, Hunter's very first Christmas stocking! I have monogrammed stockings from L.L. Bean for me and Big D so I had to get our boy his own monogrammed stocking! I am so, so excited for Hunter's first Christmas. And the creation of new traditions as a family, as well as the traditions that Big D and I have celebrated the last four years!

6 comments:

CanadianMama said...

You sound so happy - big change!! I too am saving up babysitting for New Moon - so excited!!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

I can't wait for NEW MOON..argh. Come on 11-20!! Sounds like a nice weekend planned. I need to get some stockings (mono) for the kids and I.

Enjoy!

Krystyn said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend.

I can't believe you can get Big D to go with you. Mr. Serious would not go at all!

April said...

I probably will get my hiney smacked for saying this, but, Big D liked TWilight (I'm trying to convince him to read the series but so far,no luck! LOL)

Sarah R said...

I also am getting in the Christmas spirit--I've been playing Manheim Steamroller CDs. :) I usually wait until the first snow, but ah, it'll be here soon, I'm sure.

Jaina said...

I am totally in the mood for Christmas music and movies. Must switch gears. I need to finish the ornaments I've been working on!