Thursday, November 12, 2009

'Tis the season for...baking!



Yesterday it hit me. The baking-bug.

I am normally someone who loves baking but through-out my pregnancy I just did not have the energy. And now with a baby in the house, it's hard to fit it in, time wise.

But damn, do I miss it! The recipes, the ingredients, the mixing (ooh, how I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer! I will be eternally grateful to 'Chele!), the warmth and yummy smells that permeate the house.

Yesterday I decided to tackle a Pumpkin Bread. I love anything pumpkin-flavored so I knew this would be a hit. I did alter the recipe a bit. I threw in my favorite staple, chocolate chips (and Daryl, when he heard, said, "Eww, chocolate chips in a pumpkin bread?" to which I responded that "Everything tastes better with chocolate!") and I omitted the cream cheese filling ONLY becuz I didn't have any cream cheese and I wasn't about to run out to the store for one missing ingredient! But don't get me wrong, I would have loved the cream cheese filling! Mmmmmm....

Anyway, despite my hubby's lack of faith, my Pumpkin Bread with chocolate chips came out delish! I decided I will make another one for Thanksgiving (I'm also making pumpkin pie) to bring to Daryl's Mom and Step-Dad's. We'll be spending the holiday with them in NY. I can't wait!

If you are interested you can find the recipe HERE.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Thanksgiving in NY! How fun!
I love baking too. Pumpkin bread sounds yummy! :)

Robyn said...

MMMM pumpkin bread.

Jaina said...

I love baking, this sounds yummy!