Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dealing with a stressful situation right now. Feeling very down and upset.

But....

Then I have a day like today where my son smiles at me with so much love in his little brown eyes that I wonder how my heart isn't bursting messily out of my chest.

And as his gaze follows me around the room, and his lips part to release endless giggles, I'm in awe that he is looking at me this way.

And as he falls peacefully asleep against my skin while I nurse him, I can't help but kiss his little hand, his fingers tucked in tight, and inhale his sweet baby skin and realize I am one of the luckiest people in the world.


5 comments:

Erin said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I wrote a blog about the same topic last night.

BTW - My blog is moving. Check me out at cultivatingrosebuds.blogspot.com

I hope things are okay and that you can enjoy your first Christmas with your little man!

stripeycat said...

I know that feeling well... Their little faces make our big problems seem ok for just one moment and for just one smile.
NOTHING better than squishing up to such a love muffin to make the soul sing.

Kat said...

Aww. Your little angel. The perfect antidote for a bad day.

I hope everything is okay.

Stephanie said...

Isnt it amazing how one little look at our baby and the whole day is better?!?!
Hope everything is ok..Hunter is always there to bring a smile though!!

Jaina said...

I hope the stressful situation resolves itself soon. Hunter is indeed a bright shining star. :)