Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Good news.

I got a job!!

For the past two months or so, I've been looking for a part time job. And the going's been rough. Did I ever mention how much I hate job-hunting?

Anyway, today was my second interview and it went great! And it's really going to be the best of both worlds. It's a part time job, 1:30-6:30PM so not only will I still get to be home half the day with my baby boy, but I'll be making some MUCH needed money the second half of the day! And other perks of my part time hours is that my Mom will be babysitting for her grandson until Big D gets home from work (he'll get home usually before me).

AND...I will have Fridays off! Woo hoo!

I'm feeling so many emotions right now and I"m surprised by some of them. I'm actually feeling kinda...excited...to have a job again. Don't get me wrong, the past six months have been the best, being able to bond and watch Hunter thrive right before my very eyes. But at the same time, it will be nice to have some adult conversation during the day too, that doesn't revolve solely around wiping hineys and making bottles!

And the best of all? I was only gone an hour and a half today at my second interview but when I walked through that front door and Hunter saw one glimpse of my face, his beautiful smile completely lit up the room. Seriously, not to wax poetic but my heart swelled with uncontrollable love!

If I get to come home to that sweet and happy face, it makes it all worthwhile!

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thats one of the things I love about being a working mom! We actually have time to miss each other!! Landon still (at 7 yrs old) gets excited when I pick him up from school!
I think this will be GREAT for you!!
(and obviously the money helps too! lol)
Congrats!!

Emily Jean said...

Hi April! Missed you!!!! Oh gosh Hunter is so big already!! And soo cute! :)

Heidi Renée said...

Congratulations! That sounds perfect.

CanadianMama said...

I went back to work (also part-time) when Chicken was 8 months and also loved it (still do). I'm happy for you April - this is great news!

What are you doing for you job?

stripeycat said...

April ~ That is FABULOUS ! Paint me a bit green with envy... That adult convo you talked about... with adults other than my hubs... That would really perk up a mommie. And having your own sheckles to jingle in your pocket... ON TOP of a beautiful happy sweet little boy to come home too.... PerFect.

Kat said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!! That is wonderful news. :)
It really does sound like you'll have the best of both worlds. Hooray! :)

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

WOOHOO! What a fabulous arrangement!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Yay for you! I am glad you got to spend so much time with Hunter and it is good for you to have some adult interaction for hurr sure. Fridays off..that is awesome. When do you start?

bekah said...

congrats!!!

Robyn said...

Congrats on the job!

Heather said...

that is great about the job!
and i love your new picture up of the 3 of you!

Amy said...

yay! what are you going to be doing?

Erin said...

That is wonderful news! I am actually kind of jealous. I would love to be able to work part-time...maybe something to look into? Thanks for the inspiration!

Flea said...

It sounds like perfection - having him with your mom, Daryl getting home and enjoying him before you get there, you having a job and adult friends again. Way to go!!!

Krystyn said...

Sounds like a dream.. a little work to have some you time and some money, but still mornings home with your little man. Congrats.

Jaina said...

Congrats April! I'm so happy that you found something that works for you.

Tiaras said...

good for you - I never went back to work - I just couldn't leave my kids - although I think now (8 years later) I am so ready!