Friday, January 29, 2010

I would have posted this yesterday but I wanted to get his stats from his 6-month appointment today, first!

Dear Hunter,

You are six months old now, my baby boy. Hard to believe you've been with us for half of a year already! And yet, I feel like I've known you forever, that you've been a part of Mommy and Daddy, all of our lives.

We had your six month wellness visit today, little man! Everything went great. You are getting so big...you now weight 18 lbs (70th percentile) and you are 27 1/2 inches long (80th percentile). What a big strong boy you are becoming! You were also very brave for your shots today only crying a little bit and making Mommy look like a liar, after I told the nurse you would scream bloody murder. Ha! And you have moved up to Size 3 Diapers! SLooooow down that growing! We can hardly keep up!

This past month we've watched your independence grow as you explore your surroundings. It's normal to see you examining a toy and turning it every which way before mouthing it to "learn" some more about it. And you've discovered the Jumperoo this month! Mommy and Daddy borrowed one from a friend and for the first few times in it, you weren't sure. Then on the fourth time you bounced once. Twice. Three times. Then like a dog going crazy over a bone, you were flinging your body left and right and up and down and bouncing like a crazy baby! It was hilarious to watch! You have no idea the pure that Mommy and Daddy felt watching you, so insanely happy as you bounced.

You are so close to crawling...you have the stance down pat and you rock back and forth on all fours. You sometimes fling yourself forward impatiently (you have your Daddy's short amount of patience!). But more often than not, you slide backwards all over the room. And the rolling! You are like a happy, smiling, toothy ball that rolls and twists and turns all over the living room floor. You also enjoy standing. You will hold Mommy and Daddy's fingers and pull yourself (from laying on your back on the floor) to a complete standing position and smile in triumph! I know it's only a matter of time before you realize you can start pulling yourself up to a standing position on your own.

You eat so much more now, and enjoy it immensely (a boy after our own heart! ha!). Mommy has loosely adapted a version of something called Baby Led Weaning, when it comes to your eating. And now you are eating like a champ! You have tried (and loved) pancakes, bananas, waffles, green beans and toast. You've also tried (and didn't immediately love but are already getting used to) grown-up oatmeal and carrots. And today we will try watermelon!

Your hair is growing and you have the most adorable peach-fuzzy soft head. Mommy can't help it....every single day I kiss that peach fuzz, I inhale deeply the scent of my child. Run my fingers over each gentle wisp. Inhale that lovely baby smell.

You've entered into a bit of a clingy stage, Hunter. If you are crabby or just not feeling well, and Mommy leaves the room, you frantically search for me with your eyes and start whining and holding your arms out after me. It's no offense to whoever is in the room with you, whether it be your Nana or Grammie or sometimes even Daddy, you are just very much your Mama's boy!

Mommy went back to work this month, Hunter, and while it's been a good thing I also can't help but miss you terribly while I'm away from you. By the time Mommy is home from work it is your bedtime so after putting you to sleep, I find myself staring at you in the dark. Touching your smooth cheek. Telling you over and over how much I love you. I've only cried about three times this week (my second week) so, not terrible I guess! I know it will get "easier" but I will not miss you any less, little man. And then Mommy feels guilty becuz she knows that Daddy sees you even less I know I'm lucky! And Daddy knows he is lucky too. He rushes home from work each day to kiss your round cheek, cradle you like a football in his arms, and sing to you (usually Benny and the Jets...so we can someday tell you how your Pop-Pop used to sing it) before bed. He loves you with all his heart and soul.


I just can't seem to fully explain how all encompassing your parents love is for you. I know that when I simply stare at you, my eyes often fill with thankful, unbelieving, and oh-so-happy tears. I can't help it. Daddy and I both constantly tell you, out loud, how much we love you and appreciate you and can not imagine any part of our lives without you in it.


Thank you for being our son, Hunter!


Love you Always and Forever,


Mommy and Daddy

P.S. This is one of the reasons we love you so much...you are SO silly! Mommy was pretending to spit on you (you love that noise for some reason, don't ask) and you giggled your little heart out. When Mommy emailed this video to your G-Pa, who was on a work trip, he said he laughed so hard in his room that he was positive the whole hotel heard him!





video

13 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

He is looking so much more like you with each photo you post. Love the video.

Hoping we can get our kiddos together this summer...

April said...

K-That would be awesome!! We gotta plan something when the weather gets nicer! :-)

stripeycat said...

Simply sweeter than a cupcake... LOVE IT.

I want a play date with Hunter's mommie!

CanadianMama said...

Oh the jumper - we also LOVED that! The best entertainment ever.
You sound so happy April, it makes me miss baby age.

Oh and that Hunter is sure CUTE! I could totally eat him :)

Robyn said...

He is getting sooo big!

Stephanie said...

That video is AWESOME!!! That little giggle made me smile super big!!!

tricki_nicki said...

April, it's been so long since I've been here! I can't believe how big Hunter is. Man, is he cute!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Great post and great pictures. I can't believe he is already 6 months. There is nothing better than a baby's giggle.

Kat said...

What a precious letter. You have me in tears!
I am so glad you are enjoying every moment, and really soaking it all in. It really does go way too fast. That peach fuzz hair. I remember that on my boys. Could it really be three years since I smelled my little boys' baby peach fuzz hair? Sigh...

He is just adorable. What a sweetie. And SUCH a cute laugh. :)

Jaina said...

Hunter is so precious, I really want to watch the video with sound! I'll have to try it later. I can just hear you glowing April, it's so wonderful :)

CRS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

~melt~ I love the video! he is even cuter in motion (If that's possible to get any cuter). I seriously wished we lived closer to have play dates.

Birdee

3 Peas in a Pod said...

OMG April he is so darn cute!! I love the pic of Hunter sleeping with the binkie in his mouth. It's my favorite! And the video is so funny. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Thanks for sharing. Made my night.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

P.S. I heard Bennie & the Jets on my Ipod today and thought of you and your dad.