Monday, June 21, 2010

Wow, life has been crazy lately! When people say how your life is never the same once you have a child...they seriously weren't kidding.



I've sorta forgotten about ME in the past almost eleven months. I guess "forgotten" is not the best word. It's more like, I just don't have (or make) time for me.



I'm determined to change that.



I need to feel a little more like "April-yes the Wife and Mother, but still a totally fun and awesome Chick" and not just "April-changer of messy diapers, bottle maker and washer, laundry-washer, carpet-vacuumer, job-worker, never-any-free-time-er". Seriously.



I need to plan more Girl's Nights. I know Sarah and I have been trying to get one on the schedule so that will be upcoming. I'm already thinking dreamily of the apple martinis we'll enjoy and the utter silence (as in, no crying babies. LOL) And I think I wanna have a Girl's Night at my house soon too...lots of appies, wine and giggling. I also keep trying to remind some of our friends who have kids that we need to hang, just adults, some nights too. That's what babysitters are for!


I want to get back into my scrapbooking. It's been waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I just don't make it a priority but as a hobby of mine, I really need to! I have so much stuff to scrapbook with but it's very messy and unorganized and all over the house. So I think first and foremost, I need to find a better way to start orgnaizing it all. Any suggestions? I have a whole unused room (except for all the crap we put in it as a "dumping ground") upstairs in our partially finished attic that would be PERFECT for a craft room. So do you guys have any pics of your craft rooms or storage areas that would help me? I'm a very visual person. If so, email them to me!!


I need to get back into my writing! My boss is writing her own book right now and she recently went to a Writer's Workshop (that she tried to get me to go to but time and money would not allow) and she said it was wicked awesome. So I decided to start saving up so I can go to next years and in the meantime, I gotta start working on my stuff! I've got a COUPLE of stories in the works so I need to start focus exclusively on just one.


I have to start exercising again. It's hard trying to figure out when to squeeze it into the day but I have to try harder. The other day I did some crunches, squats and weights all while a 10 and a 1/2 month old crawled all over me. It wasn't an ideal workout situation, but you know what, I made due and still felt better afterwards!


And I miss reading!! I have books lined up (and also some just merely lined up in my BRAIN to buy) that need to be read, but I haven't made the time for it. ME! The crazy bookworm! It's almost sacrilegious. I really miss reading.


So that's my list for now. A few things I need to start focusing on so that I can get back a little of ME that I've lost. Or misplaced. I don't want to forget about the parts of me that are Mom to Hunter, wife to Daryl becuz I am so lucky to be that person...however, I just want to figure out how to incorporate all of that into Me, April.


It can be done, right? Heh.

7 comments:

Bekah said...

its so easy to get lost in these babies!! I know the feeling well! Good luck getting bak to you, I know i for one, could also use a girls night! My little sisters bachelorette is coming up, and I CANT WAIT!

Kat said...

Ugh! I know! I feel the same way. I just feel buried sometimes.
I just took a run and boy did that feel good. It has been a long time since I ran but I need to keep it up. I need it.

I hope you find some me time!

Stephanie said...

Girl nights out, scrapbooking and exercise are my "outs" for sure!!
It was much harder to get that time the first few years, but I promise it gets better!!!
Find the time when you can though! It will be totally worth it!!!

CanadianMama said...

Yes, it can totally be done and I remember getting back some of my life right around the same time. Now that Chicken is two life is great and I totally have tons of free time (well I did before these renos). It's all about time management and the determination to make it work - you can do it!!

Krystyn said...

Yes, it totally can be done..it takes a while to get to that place where you feel okay with it all! But, you will get there....get those mommy moments in when you can.

PS You might want to check your feed from me...you might need to re follow..it's acting funny!

Sarah said...

I completely understand, and I am with you 100%. I have the whole wife, mom, worker, etc., etc. down... but I have forgotten to take time for me. Lets make this change together! :)

Jaina said...

It can definitely be done! And hey, exercise tip that my mom and I both used with my brothers...they are great for arm workouts if you lay on your back and lift them up and down. Bonus, the kids get a "ride" out of it. Giggles ensue. You can even get a leg workout too. :)