Monday, August 16, 2010

I know a lot of you have already seen this on my facebook page but I'm gonna officially announce it here now.





I'm pregnant!!



Daryl and I are very happy to be expecting Baby #2, EDD March 19th, 2011. So my baby boy is going to be a big brother! I'm ecstatic.

After my early loss on Mother's Day, I've been very nervous and hesitant to share the news. We told some family and close friends but decided to wait to make any sort of "announcement" until my first prenatal appointment which was this past Friday.

I stared anxiously at the screen as the doctor performed the ultrasound and as soon as I saw that baby pop up, I squinted trying to make out the heartbeat. I couldn't see it and internally started to panic. The doctor was taking her sweet time on her end and hadn't said anything yet so I quickly asked,

"Is there a heartbeat?!!?"

"Oh yes!" She replied, and zoomed in on our little "peanut with nubs" (which is what I called him/her at the us) and there it was flickering gloriously away on the screen. 185, a nice strong and fast heartbeat. And then almost immediately, baby started to wiggle! Just like he/she was doing a dance for me, to reassure me, "Yes, Mommy. I'm still here."

"Everything looks perfect!" The doctor reassured me. According to my last period, I was 8w6d on Friday but based on the baby's growth she said 9w1d so not much difference. And if we used the due date based on baby's growth it would be...St. Patty's Day! Which is kinda cool considering I DO have some Irish in me.

Anyway, things are going well so far. I'm feeling MUCH sicker this pregnancy than my first. I'd say a good 3-5 times a day I'm really nauseous. I have to eat every two hours at least to help alleviate the nausea. Yesterday was by far the worst, and part of me is thinking it's becuz I overdid it this weekend with Hunter's big 1st birthday party on Saturday. All of Friday and Saturday I was on the go-go-go and barely sitting or eating/drinking enough (although that was in part due to the fact that food just doesn't appeal to me). So yesterday I stayed in pj's all day and felt like I was on the verge of puking at the SIGHT/THOUGHT of food all day. I DID eat some leftover Mexican dip and doritos at nine am cuz believe it or not, it was the only thing I could stomach. Go figure. I tried to eat a cracker and immediatley had to spit it back out. And finally around 2pm, I hurled. Ugh. But let me tell you I felt MUCH better afterwards and was finally able to get down some toast and ginger ale.

Despite the morning sickness though, I am so thankful! I am so happy.

21 comments:

Jess said...

Yay! Congrats to you guys! Hope all goes well.

The Captain's Wife said...

So happy for you and Daryl....and a little bit jealous! I am not ready to drop the topic on my end though...you just stay tuned for me to make an announcement one day. It may not be soon, but hopefully it will be!

April said...

K-I'll be waiting expectantly then for the announcement. ;-)

The Misses said...

Oh YAY! April that is great news. I know you and Big D must be thrilled. And that sweet hunter is gonna make a wonderful big brother.

Also be sure to come by my new place. I am up and back to blogging again.

Aimée said...

Congrats! What great news! Take it easy :)

Kat said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I am so happy for you!!!!! How exciting!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you start feeling better soon. I know the nausea can be really rough.
That ultrasound picture is SO CUTE!!!! Look at that little peanut!!!!! :)

Congrats!!!! :)

My Two Army Brats said...

Awe congratulations!! My second son was born March 19 and 7 years later our adopted daughter was also born March 19! It's a great day for babies!!

My Two Army Brats said...

Oh yeah and my first son was an August baby too! They are just day short of being 19 months apart! It's not bad.....after the youngest turned about 2 that is haha!

Heidi Renée said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news for you guys.

Laura B. said...

Yippeeee!! Congrats to you two! I hate to hear about the morning sickness...but the old wives' tale is that it means all is good with the pregnancy. :-) Take care! L.

Stephanie said...

I was so excited when I read it on facebook!!!
I am so happy for all of you!
Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Stephanie said...

So happy for you!!! That's wonderful news :)

Sarah R said...

Oh awesome!!! CONGRATULATIONS, April! I must become FB friends with you so I can be in the know. ;)

Emily Jean said...

Congrats April! That is soo wonderful! :)

Robyn said...

Congrats!!

Bekah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting!

Krystyn said...

Congrats, girl..that's so exciting! YAY!

Erin said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I am so HAPPY for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! That is awesome news. You are the second of my friends who had a baby the same time as I did last summer who is now pregnant again. I am beginning to think there is something in the water.....

BeeOhVee said...

AWESOME! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family. That really is fantastic news.

I hope the "morning" sickness gets better soon. If anything try granny smith apples. Those have helped me a ton when I've gotten "morning" sickness. although i haven't found them, I heard preggie pops work well too.

April said...

Bee-I LOVE Granny Smith apples and was eating one a day, but I ran out! I'm going crazy without my Grannies! LOL And oh my GOD, did I miss that you were preggo??? I'm so sorry! Congrats!!

Birdee said...

What a beautiful sight! Congratulations again! =D