Monday, September 13, 2010

News on the baby front is great!


Got to see our little Peanut on the screen today for the second time and it was even better than the first time, a month ago. My eyes completely welled up and just when I thought I was going to shed some happy tears over this sweet little wiggling bean in my belly, my goof-ball son (who was being held by Big D) started imitating the "Pop!" noise the u/s machine made every time the u/s tech got a measurement.





Pop. Pop. Pop. went his little lips over and over again, as his eyes so seriously stared at the machine.




Big D and I started to laugh and the u/s tech giggled her way through her measurements of our Peanut.


Everything looked perfect with Peanut. Approximately 3 oz and 3 1/2 inches (CRAZY to think I can feel him/her already!!!) and growing strong. The doctor told me I have a low lying placenta again, but no biggie, it's still early enough for it to migrate to a new home before Peanut needs to make his/her grand entrance into the world.

I was bragging the other day to anyone who would listen how I was feeling "soooooooo much better" and then? I spent the latter part of Saturday feeling sick to my stomach and on the verge of puking. And after a very LIGHT dinner (what little I could get down) I graciously said to Big D, "Please excuse me" and high tailed it to the bathroom to hurl every last bite. While simultaneously pissing my pants. And I don't mean, "Oops, I leaked a drop or two of urine." Oh no, people, it was like freakin' Niagra Falls.

My boobs are getting HUGE (well even bigger than they already were) and I'm dangerously close to spilling forth. Time for a new bra. I'm exclusively in maternity clothes and I swear to God, at just about 14 weeks, I look the same as I did at approximately 18-19 weeks my first pregnancy, with a couple additional fat rolls for good measure.

But you know what? It's all worth it in the end. Even now, as I start to waddle ALREADY and realize I need to drag out my snoogle pillow (poor Daryl...that damn pillow gets better bed space than he does), I'm still happy.

I'm going to be a Mommy, twice-over. And I couldn't be more thankful!

3 comments:

Kat said...

AHHHHH!!!! I am just so excited for you. It is all so thrilling! I am so glad you are enjoying it even though you aren't feeling the best. Hopefully soon you will be feeling great again! :)

Bekah said...

I love baby ultrasounds photos!! Adorable little profiles are my faves!

Ugh I hated being sick too! Like you said totally worth it, but it can be so exhausting, I am terrified of what it will be like the next time, when Im trying to take care of Jack too.

Emily said...

Oh goodness you crack me up!! So happy that everything is going well! :)