Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just checking in for a quick update!
Life is so busy as all the holidays get closer. But mostly busy-fun. :-)
First of all, my baby boy is turning into SUCH a big boy! Holy crap! Yesterday when Daddy was leaving for work, Hunter was wigging out (this happens all the time now...he is a huge Daddy's boy). He was practically climbing the front door, trying to turn the handle and banging on it with his little fists. So of course I had to take a couple pics on my cell phone to send Daryl. After I sent them, I really stared at the two photos and immediately though "Oh my lord! Look how TALL Hunter has gotten!" Not only is he able to fully grasp the doorknob, but he's standing completely flat-footed while doing it. I think I'm in trouble! Time to break out those baby safety doorknob thingies someone gave me! (okay I'm getting really irritated that blogger will NOT separate most of my paragraphs, WTH???)
I also love to think how even though he isn't saying a ton of words yet, he still realizes and understands exactly what I'm saying! Every time I say I'm going "pee pee on the potty" he goes running to the bathroom with me. If i ask him to "mow the lawn" he pulls out his toy mower...or to put a magnet on the fridge that he's taken off, he dutifully does it. He tries so hard to repeat all the words we are saying but the enunciation is just not there yet. He CAN say mama, dada, dog (although it sounds more like "daw"), ball, hi, nana, pa (for Gpa), wa-wa (for water), dat (as in "what's that?), who dat (which makes me laugh every time), and he will gladly repeat specific words I say like cup, scoop, eye. He strung two words together for his first sentence "Where Nana?" and even though he's only does it like once or twice since, I still thought it was awesome!
He knows where his eyes/nose/ears/mouth are on his face or ours (and he loves to stick his fingers UP our nose when pointing it out LOL). He "bahs" for a sheep, "quacks for a duck". Hunter waves, claps, dances, points, climbs on and off of the couch, blows raspberries on our bare skin (he's recently started doing it on my belly which makes me laugh). He hasn't used a bottle since about 12 months, he gets his milk and water strictly in his sippy cup and he LOVES to sip out of a straw when his Mom or Dad have one. He still eats just about everything we put in front of him and his favorite, easily, is veggies and fruit. Last night we had chicken, grilled asparagus and a pasta/broccoli mix and he ate ALL of his asparagus before touching anything else. And then he reached over and started grabbing asparagus spears right off of my plate! LOL

Let's see what else has been going on lately? Last Sunday was my very best friend's baby shower. April #2 is pregnant with her first child and I couldn't be happier for her! She is having a boy who will be named Matthew and not only am I excited that her son and Hunter will grow up together, but her son will only be about 3 1/2-4 months old than OUR Baby Peanut! I hope our kids always stay friends! Here are a couple pics from her day.


Since I am going to be "Auntie April" to little Matthew (just as she is to my kid(s)), I couldn't resist buying this onesie: MY AUNTIE IS AWESOME.

Here are the two pregnant April's: me at 18 weeks and her at 32 weeks (doesn't she make you sick? The baby is ALL in her belly and nowhere else! That brat! LOL). Meanwhile I'm still at the point of only looking fat to some people (I know it's hard to see ANYthing in black). Well, in my defense it kinda depends on what type of shirt I'm wearing. Mostly it's just women (and people who already know me) who realize I'm pregnant. But I remember with Hunter I REALLY exploded after 20 weeks so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

And speaking of my belly...Big D and I find out VERY SOON what the gender of this baby is!! November 4th to be exact! I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Does anyone want to wager a guess? Girl or Boy? Not to influence your decisions but my feeling is that it's another Boy and both Daryl and my Mom think it's a Girl. But honestly I think Daryl feels it's a girl only becuz he knows how badly I WANT one. ;-) I would LOVE to have my boy and girl, and knowing Hunter would be the caring big brother to a little sister would just warm my heart! And since this is our last pregnancy/child (unless an "oops" happens!) if I don't have a girl now, I will never have a daughter. I admit that does make me a little sad.

However, I wouldn't be sad to HAVE another boy becuz Hunter brings me more joy than I can ever articulate to anyone. I love the sweet and special bond we share and I would love to have that with another little baby boy. I love watching him push his cars around and say "Brrrrr" to imitate the motor and watch him try to ride his quad, while beeping the horn. And when he continually falls and tries to play in the dirt I just have to laugh becuz I know it will only continue as he grows. And to think of him having a special little brother to play with? I admit, it does make me feel all goose-bumpy and happy. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I will be thrilled no matter what! I just can't wait to find out so that I can start some clothes shopping! We won't be working on a nursery for this little one, at least not right now, becuz we can't afford to do our upstairs (we live in a cape) which is where Daryl and I would move. Then our room would eventually become Baby #2's. So for now, I'm just gonna work on cleaning up and rearranging the furniture in our room to make space for the bassinet. And once I clear off the top of my long dresser (that no longer has the mirror on it) I will set up a changing station on top of that. Baby #2's clothes will hang in Hunter's closet, since we have plenty of room in there with the closet organizer. But I WILL have to clean out Hunter's closet cuz stuff that I put in there for storage will have to be relocated to either upstairs or the basement. While I'm kinda bummed I won't have a nursery to decorate this time around, I just keep reminding myself that eventually Baby Peanut will get his/her own room. :-)

So that's what happening in our lives currently! And now I'm off to go catch up on your blogs!

4 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Wow, Hunter is getting big! My guess is boy but I can't wait to find out!

Bekah said...

Holy cow he did get really tall!! What a little man!! You look great!

Kat said...

Oh my gosh, it is just all so exciting!!!!!
I have no doubt you will be thrilled with whatever God gives you. I'm thinking it might be a girl. I can't wait to find out! :)

That cake from the baby shower is TOO CUTE!!!
And holy moly, Hunter is tall! Such a big boy now! :)

Big D said...

aWESOME SPAM ON YOUR BLOG COMMENTS