Monday, October 11, 2010

We had a great Fall weekend!
The weather was perfect and the activities were fun. Saturday Daryl and I took Hunter to a place called Pickin' Patch, to find the perfect pumpkins!
Our silly man LOVED the hay ride to the pumpkin patch (just as much as he loved playing with my sunglasses!)

It was SO sunny and Hunter was very preoccupied with the hay at our feet, on the tractor, so getting him to look at the camera was practically impossible. But hey, it's a family shot where we didn't accidentally cut our son's head out of it!

As always, the only one to get a smile out of Hunter was his Daddy. He IS a Daddy's boy.
"How do these look, guys?"
Daddy man-handling our two big pumpkins back to the tractor, for the ride back.
And playing with the hay on the hayride!
Sunday, we had to go to a 1st birthday party for Hunter's future-wife, Arianna! It was being held at Bushnell Park in Hartford, at the Carousel. I have to admit, it was pretty amazing to see this 1914 carousel (it was brought to Hartford in 1974) housed under a pavilion and looking like a page out of history. I've lived in CT all my life and never seen it!
And knowing that Hunter had never been on a carousel (or any ride for that matter!) and this would be his first time? I was excited to get some pictures of it.
Before the carousel started moving, Hunter was mildly interested in the horse he sat on.
But our boy, who had only had a 30 minute nap ALL DAY (don't ask!) was nervous once the ride began and eventually ended up in his Daddy's arms as they whirled around and around!
By the time Mommy brought him on, we played it safe and sat in the Chariot. (Although I must admit, I was attempting to get on a horse--not the kind that goes up and down, but a stationary one--when my silly husband "yelled" at me that a pregnant lady shouldn't be riding on the horse, with a toddler in my arms. He's such a worry wart sometimes. Heh.
Sleepy Hunter eventually twisted around in my arms and laid his head on my shoulder during the ride. It was very peaceful.
And then here is the ONE pic I was able to get of the birthday girl. The spot we were in, next to the carousel, was so narrow. And we were at the very end of the tables, so Daryl couldn't get any closer with the camera, unfortunately. But doesn't she look cute in her crown and tutu???
After a fun afternoon, we headed home and suddenly Hunter (who got a balloon at the party) decided he had a burst of energy and started laughing hysterically as he batted the balloon all over the living room.
We had a fabulous Fall weekend!

6 comments:

nancy said...

grrrrrr! Your blog is another blog that my computer errors out on! I'm able to read your blot in my reader, but I can't bring it up in its own so I can comment. So I'm forced to load up your blog on my phone so I can comment.

Anywho, that's my problem, not yours of course!

Your pictures are great. It looks as if hunter had such a great time!

Kat said...

Yay fall! And yay fabulous fall weekends! It DOES sound like you had a great weekend. I love the pumpkin farm pics. So cute. :)
And have I mentioned lately that I love your hair? Cuz I do. :)

CanadianMama said...

Love it! Looks like another great fall weekend!!

Also, did I mention that I LOVE your hair lately!!

Krystyn said...

Yay for fall and the pumpkin patch! Seriously...he's getting so big.

Kandi said...

Looks like a fabulous time! You have such a sweet family. =)

Steph said...

WoW Hunter has gotten big but then again I have been MIA for awhile.
Congrats on the new baby!