Thursday, November 04, 2010

Well, today is a great day, cuz we had our appointment this morning to find out whether our little Peanut was a boy or girl!!

So, any last minute guesses? Thinking blue or pink?

Okay, I won't leave you hanging....


....we are having a....










.......









......BABY GIRL!!!!

I swear I'm in total and utter shock! While I wasn't 100% sure either way if the baby was a boy or girl, I think a part of me really believed it WOULD be another boy. This pregnancy has been SO different than my first, lots of nausea and puke in the 1st trimester, but I'm not one one to believe the old wive's tales so I still didn't think "Oh it could be a girl!"

And Baby Girl is modest! LOL When the u/s first started she had her little legs crossed, just about at the ankles. SO the tech continued to take all the measurements and every time we glanced at her legs crossed I'd joke about how this baby was modest so maybe it WAS a girl. I remember with HUnter his legs were spread WIDE!

The other issue making it harder to see is she is breach and she is sitting upright, using my bladder as a pillow under her behind (no WONDER I've been peeing even more so lately!) and her head kinda bent down towards her chin. SO she wasn't in the best position for viewing. I honestly started to wonder if we'd even GET the money shot!

Finally it was time so the tech had me flip on my right side facing the screen. No luck. So she asked me to flip to my left, facing AWAY from the screen. Longest few seconds ever becuz i couldn't see a darn thing but the wall!

When the tech announced, "It's a girl", Daryl said my mouth fell wide open. So while he hugged Hunter against him and said, "I KNEW it!" I was saying "Wow, I think I REALLY thought this would be another boy!"

She is doing great so far. 14 oz (so a little less than a pound!) and everything looks fabulous. MY low-lying placenta is no more...it's up high where it should be so that is a relief as well. Her heart rate was about 149...perfect! Unfortunately, no prize winning MONEY shot to share with you guys...Daryl reminded me later on that our u/s tech (she told us this with Hunter) doesn't do them becuz she doesn't feel it's appropriate. Whatever, it's my kid, lady. But I'm too happy to be annoyed!

Hunter is going to have a little sister and I couldnt' be happier!!!!!

8 comments:

Kat said...

OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you! A little boy and a little girl. How perfect is that???? I am just so thrilled that you get to experience having a wonderful little boy and a wonderful little girl. That is just awesome.

Congratulations!
I'm so glad she is doing well and is healthy!

Now go buy some pink! :)

Bekah said...

Yay!!! Now there will be a mini daryl and a mini april!! How adorable!!

CONGRATS! Hunter will be such a great big brother!!

Sarah R said...

Awesome!!! Congratulations, April!!! I figured you'd have a girl. Way to follow my trend. ;)

CanadianMama said...

Yay - so exciting. The million dollar family - very excited for you two!!

The Captain's Wife said...

oh boy are you in trouble now...you thought Hunter had Daddy wrapped around his finger...just wait for this the little girl magic!

Congrats!

Mommyof_2 said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. I have a son and a daughter. I pretty much new when I was pregnant with Nathan that he was a boy. When I was pregnant with Madeline, I was on the fence...and my jaw dropped too when I found out I was having a little girl! That's awesome mama! congrats again!

Heidi Renée said...

Eeeeee! I am so excited for you! If we ever have kids I secretly hope to have girls, so I am so glad I get to read about you having one.

Grandy said...

I have been blog absent for a little while, I come back and POW...You're having a GIRL!!

RIGHT ON!! Congratulations!! :)