Sunday, December 26, 2010

I can't say enough good things about Christmas this year!


Despite some of the stresses in our lives (mainly FINANCIAL, ugh!), it turned out to be a magical day.


First there was Christmas Eve which was only MILDLY painful with Daryl's dad and grandma. We went to dinner and then did our gift exchange and were home relatively early. Big D put his Daddy duties to the test when it was time to put together one of Hunter's new toys.
Seeing the utter amazement on my son's face when he first walked out into the living room, Christmas morning, and spotted his (most favorite!) present--his new kitchen--was the best gift I could have received all day (well, beside the beautiful family birthstone charms Big D got for my bracelet.... .....and the awesome Cuisinart Keurig coffee maker my MIL and step-FIL gave us, LOL)!This was Hunter's face (he was squatting to grab a remote off the floor) JUST as he saw his kitchen!! Then that was it! He moved too fast across the room for Daryl to get another shot of his cute expression. LOL




I also got Daryl two items he REEEEEALLY wanted..a new hunting knife and some tip-ups for ice fishing. And his smile was as big as Hunter's.


Even Tucker got in on the action...with his new bone!The three of us had our quiet early morning family time opening gifts, drinking coffee and eating Christmas cookies (there was more powdered sugar on my living room carpet and on Hunter's jammies than in his belly!). Then a while later my MIL and step-FIL, who are in town for the holiday, came by and the presents started all over again! Hunter's OTHER favorite gift was the cool trike his Grammie and Gpa got him. At first, Hunter couldn't even wait for Gpa to put his trike TOGETHER before he started hopping on!We had bagels for breakfast and just relaxed and after I finally got around to getting dressed, a little while later my Mom and her bf, John, arrived to join in the festive fun!
Hunter's favorite gift from his Nana was, hands-down, the shopping cart. He has been wheeling it ALL OVER the living room and kitchen since then, filling it up, then dumping it out!
This little man was certainly blessed and very spoiled yesterday!
My brother arrived and then we all sat down to dinner: ham, mashed potatoes, corn, broccoli/carrot mix and lasagna. Kept it pretty low-key and I didn't even have time to clean the kitchen before family arrived! No nice tablecloth, no pretty table set-up or candles going...and seriously it was THE most relaxed and yummy dinner! I definitely didn't have time to make my homemade cheesecake beforehand but the store bought sufficed for dessert...no one complained, that's for sure!

And now today, the impending snow we are going to be getting put a damper on more holiday fun (two family parties but only ONE of which I'm sad about missing). However, SNOW, people!!! I'm so psyched! I've got Hunter's brand new snow pants (from his Grammie and Gpa) all set and ready to go and on the way home from fixing his grandparents boiler this morning, Daryl is going to pick him up some snow boots. The ONLY reason I need to run out today is a couple basic necessities we are unfortunately out of (milk!) but that's okay. After that, we're going to cozy up indoors with a movie and each other and I can't wait!

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas holiday!

7 comments:

Kat said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy the snow! :)

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a perfect day!!
Merry Christmas my sweet friend!!

Amy said...

We got that (or a similar) shopping cart a few months ago. I'm about to hide it, it gets wheeled on Julia's head way too many times! But some of those boxes have been relegated to the car and are pulled out during major meltdowns with more than 5 minutes until we get home - for some reason they are very entertaining.

Merry Christmas!

CanadianMama said...

We got Chicken a kitchen too and he totally loves it!

Glad you had a great Christmas! Just think: next year you will have two little faces to watch!!

Flea said...

Thank you for sharing Christmas with us!

Heidi Renée said...

Shoot, *I* want that kitchen!

Birdee said...

Aww, sounds like a very nice Christmas. I'm going to have to buy Carson a kitchen now (soon as they sell them at Costco agaon :lol:)