Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I've had a busy past week!

For one thing, my very best friend April had her baby last Tuesday! Matthew was born December 7th (the day after his grandfather's birthday and the day BEFORE his grandmother's, how funny is that?) weighing in at 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 20 inches long! He was almost the EXACT same size as Hunter, same weight but only off by one half inch. Hunter was 19 1/2 inches at birth.

I got to go visit them at the hospital and OH did it feel good holding a newborn again! And it was nice to feel helpful to April and her hubby, when they had questions for me about breastfeeding, or baby's gas, etc. I'm really looking forward to this little boy growing up and playing with Hunter and Avery!


This past Sunday marked my (ugh!) 34th birthday and man, did my husband do GOOD this year! First he installed a car starter in my car and for that I will be eternally grateful...it has gotten damn COLD lately! And then he also got me two charms for my Pandora bracelet, one of which he gave me days before my birthday when I was having such a hard time (and missing my Dad so, so much). It is a dangling heart with wings.


Then Saturday night we went out to dinner with another couple we are good friends with. Mindy's birthday was Saturday and mine was Sunday, so it was the perfect occasion for the four of us to go out, minus the kids, and have some fun. My mom and her boyfriend watched the baby boy, and Daryl and I discussed how it was time to really look into getting a babysitter so we can go out sometimes (without me feeling like I'm burdening my mom, since she already watches Hunter four days a week for about 4-5 hours).We went to a place that used to be called Pettibone's Tavern (now renamed Abigail's)...and it is a business and building rich in history! It has been around long before the Civil War (and it had even been featured on GhostHunter's one episode!!) The food was utterly AH-MAZING and I ate to my heart's content. I indulged in one glass of merlot (my second glass of wine this pregnancy...and SO worth the wait) and for an appetizer had this delicious stuffed and baked zucchini. To die for! And then for dinner I had Rigatoni A La Vodka with sausage and chicken in it...again, delicious. Dessert was decaf coffee and a slice of pumpkin cheesecake (which sadly, I could not finish it all, but I gave it my valiant effort). Then on the way home we took kind of a detour and checked out some Christmas lights and just talked. I had a blast!
On Sunday Daryl ran out and got me a Starbucks latte for my birthday, and Panera bagels. I spent the morning lounging and wrapping Christmas gifts during Hunter's nap, then later on I baked my little heart out and got a jump start on the Christmas cookies I give out each year.
At one point, Big D asked me if he did good this year...and I told him he did GREAT. Best birthday ever with my family and friends. I couldn't ask for anything more!
Let's see, Hunter is doing good. He's still teething (when ISN'T he??) but I know we're getting close to being done. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! He's talking a LOT more now and parroting everything we say (awesome, pretty, idiot---yup, Mom and Dad need to remember to watch what we're saying in front of the little stinker now!) and while probably only me, Daryl, and my Mom would understand him (pretty sounds like "geety") I am still in awe as his vocabulary grows! He also knows how to open up a present all on his own now...so it's ON for Christmas! My friend Erin stopped by yesterday with a gift for Hunter and she went and put it under the tree. Well, that silly boy ran right over, picked it up and ran to center of the room where he proceeded to tear into it, no invitation needed!


On the pregnancy front, it's hard to believe...we're under 100 days now left!!! Yikes! And what a difference this time around in the preparation front. No nursery to work on, no furniture to order. Little Avery will be in our room for a while in the bassinet, after she's born, and when I feel it's time to move her, she's going to share Hunter's room with him for now. Until least until we have more time and money to start working on bedroom situations (or move! LOL). It's not my ideal set-up for the two babies to have to share a room, but we'll make it work! I've slowly started washing a few baby clothes here and there, hand-me-downs of Hunter's that are unisex enough, some hand-me-downs from my friend Sarah's two girls, and also a few cute sleepers and onesies that both Avery's Nana and Grammie have picked up for her already. I still have another friend who said she has a BOATLOAD of girl clothes to give me so that will keep me busy once she gets it to me!

It's definitely less stressful this time around, and I'm enjoying the process more. We have mostly all the major necessities for a newborn (pack n play, bassinet, baby blankets, burp cloths, etc., etc.) and unlike with Hunter where I had to do a lot of waiting (waiting for the nursery to be finished, waiting for the baby shower to organize the stuff), this time around I'm doing it at my leisure (leisure? ha, what's that?).

And most importantly? I'm trying to enjoy every little second of my family of three, while we still ARE a family of three. Not that we aren't looking forward whole-heartedly to becoming a family of four, but I am cherishing all the time I get to spend with Hunter playing with him, hugging him, kissing him and giving him one-on-one time cuz i know it will change drastically when Avery is here. And trying to spend time with my husband as well, enjoying the simple quiet after Hunter is in bed and we are just watching TV together. I'd love to maybe get out another night or two before March, with just Big D, and spend some time together.
On the ME-front, I'm feeling much better this week. I definitely do think last week's feeling so sick (and exhausted) was very much emotional, and anxiety. Daryl was so good to me the whole week no matter HOW bitchy or crazy I sounded at times and I really thank him for being so patient with me. There was one night after I yelled at all three of them, that I felt bad so I went into the bedroom where Daryl and Hunter where goofing around on our bed and I called up the dog, Tucker, and I apologized to everyone for being so mean. I'm trying to take better care of myself, I'm trying to eat better and I am currently trying to make plans for a girls-night with one of my friends. I'm on the right path, people! I know the anxiety won't disappear overnight, but it's a start.

So that's that! Sorry these blog posts are so few and far between but our lap top battery is shot and can only be used while plugged in, and with working and Christmas preparation...time is sparse! I hope you all are doing well!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh Happy Late Birthday!! Sounds like a lot of fun!! Hunter is getting so big! My goodness!

And ugh, I know the teething frustrations well. I guess I wasnt prepared for the fact that teething doesnt seem to STOP until all their teeth are in.

CanadianMama said...

Yay, sounds like you are doing great; I'm so happy for you!!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Amy said...

We need to work on watching what we say too! Gabrielle is repeating everything we say now immediately, where it used to take her a few times of hearing us say it. It's easy to explain away why she's yelling "Jesus!" (because I told them "Jesus is the reason for the season!"; it is totally not because I yelled "Jesus Christ Gabrielle, don't throw toys in the food!"). Things like crap and stupid. . yeah, not so much.