Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Dear Avery,

Well, baby girl, you have certainly dropped already in Mommy's belly! When I sit down now I feel like I can barely move over my belly. And I'm thinking it must be quite a tight squeeze in there, cuz I am not feeling as many movements as before (that's not to say I NEVER feel you, cuz I do!). I bet you are just as eager to come out, as Mommy is to HAVE you out. ;-)

I'm getting very excited to meet you...and I really hope these last 5-6 weeks fly by (I don't think you will be late, baby. I have a feeling you will arrive on time, if not a tad early). Even though I DON'T necessarily feel ready yet! I'm nesting but don't have much to do cuz we already HAVE most of the baby stuff we need. And I do still have to wash all your clothes (everyone is generous with the hand-me-downs! I think just like Hunter, you will have MORE than enough clothes). But since Mommy, Daddy and Hunter just moved recently, the house is NOT fully in order yet and I still have your clothes at the OLD place. I hate this in-between business!

Wait till you meet your big brother, Avery. I think you are in for a treat! Hunter LOVES babies. We just had our friends over this weekend and Hunter is absolutely in LOVE with 10-month old T.J. He hugs him, sits next to him with his arm wrapped around the baby's shoulders, and gives T.J. his blanky or binky when he needs it. He is going to be the BEST big brother ever to you and I have no doubt that as you two grow, even though you'll probably have your sibling fights, he will still be your best friend and ally!

Daddy's 35th birthday is coming up, Avery, and when I asked him what he wanted or if we should do something special for it, he told me "Nothing! I'm already getting the best gift ever. My daughter!" You are a Daddy's girl already and you haven't even been born yet.

I will admit, I wondered (and still do) what it will feel like the moment you are born. Will it be just like when your brother entered the world? Will I be in awe of you, and hold you and just be so surprised you are MINE? I was listening to a patient talk on her cell phone the other day at my work, and she recently had her second baby. She was telling her friend that before her son was born, she couldn't imagine loving anyone else as much as her daughter (her first) and then when her son was born, it was like that same magic all over again. I can't wait for this moment, baby girl. :-)

I love you already and I look forward to holding you in my arms. But for now, I will enjoy the time I get to hold you inside of me. Stay healthy, sweet girl.
Love Always,
Your Mommy

4 comments:

Kat said...

Aww. Such a sweet and exciting time. And it is going so fast! Only a month left! WOW!!!!

I hope you are all settling into your new house and are enjoying this time. :)

msprimadonna67 said...

Such an exciting time--the home stretch! Sending you lots of good wishes as you near the time you get to finally meet your little girl: )

Stephanie said...

What a sweet letter!
And just in case I forgot to tell you..I love the name Avery!!
I'm sure these next few weeks will fly by!!
Cant wait to see who she looks like!!

Robyn said...

The home stretch. Hope it goes fast.