Thursday, March 10, 2011

It looks like Tuesday (Wednesday) is going to be the day we get to meet our baby girl!

I'm now 70% dilated, still 4cm, and my doctor will induce me Tuesday morning.

Daryl and I are so excited to have Avery and to make Hunter a big brother. And now it's finally hitting me...the nervousness about labor and giving birth. I know I've done it before so it's not like that scary unknown that it was the first time around...but I also realize no two labor and births are alike and so there IS still a bit of unknown.

It will just be me and Daryl in the hospital room, I think. Originally, my MIL was going to be there too but becuz she is on a deadline for her work projects, she might not be able to come till next weekend. Either way is fine with me. I would love for her to be there and experience it with us. Just like I would love to share the experience with just my husband (my Mom was in the room with us when Hunter was born).

I'm not looking forward to two nights away from my first baby, however. ;-( My night in the hospital two Mondays ago was my first night EVER away from Hunter. Crazy, right? Considering he is 19 months old! But I just hadn't been able to do it. Seeing him that next morning was a happy moment for Mommy! So TWO nights away? It will be tough. But I know Hunter will be in great hands, his Nana's. And he will get to come visit us. I'll try not to maul him TOO much with hugs and kisses after that first night.

Well, lots of thoughts swirling through my brain right now but no way to articulate them so I'm going to leave it at that. I have a sweet boy to cuddle with before he goes to sleep (in his big boy bed, which he LOVES)....I am ready to enjoy these last five nights (unless Avery decides to make an appearance beforehand) with Hunter as an only child and give him lots of lovin'. And then I'll welcome with HUGE open arms, our second child, little Avery, who will make our family complete!

Wish me luck....and easy labor vibes, of course. ;-)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Wishing you a safe and easy delivery! I think she will come Monday, though ;) I've got 10 more days (give or take). Looking forward to seeing pictures and updates!

CanadianMama said...

Okay, I know I've been 100% wrong with these things so far BUT I think she will come before then. 4cm and 70% effacement just seems really ready to go - like not wait five more days - ya know!

Either way - SO FREAKIN' EXCITING!! Update when you can; I will be thinking of you lots :)

Emily said...

craziness!!! I can't believe its soo close!!

I can't to hear all about it! Will say a prayer for you!

Heidi Renée said...

So exciting! Come on, Avery!

Kat said...

Oh so exciting!!!!
Wishing you a fast, easy, and safe delivery for you and for Avery! :)

Krystyn said...

So exciting to have a date...but I bet and hope she comes sooner for you:)

Morgan Owens said...

First I haven't been on here in forever, so I'm just seeing the baby name..LOVE it!

Second, poor Hunter. Mason has never gone through that but I wish I had some advice to give! Hope it gets better, especially before Avery gets here.