I can't believe another week has gone by already!
- My maternity leave is up in about two weeks. I want to cry. :-( I'm gonna miss these two munchkins SO MUCH.
- I wish my son would stop head-banging. And no, I don't mean to really cool music. When he is mad/frustrated/tantrum-y he bangs his forehead on the hardwood floors. This past week he did it (banged his head like 8-10 times in a row) so hard he gave himself a huge egg on his forehead. And Big D (who I called at work to tell him about it) was like "You have to stop him from doing that." Um, seriously? First of all, half the time I'm nursing Avery and can't jump up until the damage is done. Secondly, I sometimes manage to throw a foot out and stop it but usually he just dodges me and goes further away to bang his head. I looked online and saw it's pretty common at this age in like 20% of toddlers (mostly boys) and that they usually outgrow it by age 3. OMG, please kid, don't continue to do this until you are THREE!!
- I've been eating waaaaaaaay too much pizza lately (twice this week already). Even though it's my ultimate favorite food...I'm surprisingly getting tired of it.
- I took the kids for a couple of walks this week and god did it feel SO GOOD to get some fresh air! But how annoying that it's JUST NOW finally starting to get nice out when I have to go back to work. :-/
- I got my new blender last week (after shattering the last one in the sink. Oops) and have been enjoying my fruit smoothies this week! Boy, I didn't' realize how much Hunter and I missed our smoothies.
- Avery's gas issues have gotten SO MUCH better (knock on wood). I haven't even had to rely so much on the Mylicon and Gripe Water. I'm just assuming her little 1 1/2 month old belly is starting to finally adjust. Either that, or I'm just really burping the shit out of her now!
- I realized this week that the reason my undies keep falling down is that I'm still wearing maternity underwear. But I still don't fit into my "regular" undies and pants unfortunately so I have no choice. I'm SICK OF MATERNITY AND SWEAT PANTS. For real. And what the hell am I going to wear to work?
- We've started cutting back on the binkies this week, with Hunter. I threw away 3 so far. I still give them to him at nap/bedtime but they are not lying all over the house now so he can just randomly pop them in his mouth throughout the day. He doesn't ask for them, however, he's started putting Avery's in his mouth (hers are different than his, and up until this point he knew which binkies were the baby's and which were his). *SIGH*
- I was gonna start potty-training this week but the damn toilet seat we bought doesn't fit over our toilet. I *really* want to start before I go back to work. We'll see what happens.
- Hunter has gotten SO LOUD lately. Whether he's singing/talking/laughing/playing/crying it has to be AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS. It wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't doing it, half the time, in Avery's little sleeping FACE.
- I can't wait to color Easter eggs on Saturday. Yes, so Hunter can enjoy the fun of it, but also becuz I'm a big giant kid who just loves to do it herself! Oh, and I'll be buying Big D some Reese's Peanut Butter eggs becuz he likes them and I will then get to eat some myself. YUMMO!
- HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!
For more yummy leftovers, go HERE.