Monday, April 11, 2011




This is my first Friday Night Leftovers...I decided to hop on the bandwagon after reading about it on two of my friends sites (Karianne and Sarah). So, here I am!


I have to admit, I'm a little nervous, feeling like the new kid on the block. "Will the other kids like me?" LOL Be gentle. I'm still a hormonal postpartum woman, here!



  • My 20 month old son, Hunter, has been talking up a BLUE streak lately. And by "talking" I mean mostly jibber-jabbering with random words mixed in. I KNOW he is trying hard to tell me something...but i can't for the life of me figure out what it is. So instead I just smile, nod and often say "Really? You don't say!" which makes him want to repeat the whole story all over to me. SOOOOO stinkin' cute. I worried a bit about how he isn't talking as much as some other kids his age that we know, but I think it's just a matter of time before he really starts stringing words together and (hopefully) enunciating a tad more so not just his Mommy, Daddy and Nana understand him!

  • One of my friends, Keri, emailed me the other day about possibly meeting up for a glass of wine (or two or three) at a nearby tavern. I moved recently and I am now MUCH closer to her, and since we haven't seen each other in FOREVER, this is the perfect reason now to hang out. It's been way too long since we had one of our "Wine and Whine" sessions. And I can't get it out of my brain, so Keri, let's set it up!!!!

  • My suuuuuper short maternity leave is almost up and I'm very sad about it. I feel like the weather is JUST starting to get nice and there is so much opportunity to spend it outdoors with the kids. Granted, I only work part time, so I can try to squeeze in some fun time in the mornings (once I get a better handle on this "two kids under two" thing!) and also on my days off, Fridays, and hte weekends. But my other reason for being sad? I feel like Avery is getting gipped. :-( She only gets me home with her (and her brother) for 6-8 weeks whereas Hunter had me home with him for six MONTHS. It was so amazing to be home with him for that long, to watch him grow and thrive and learn something new every day, and I'm feeling anxious that my daughter will be missing out on that, and I will be missing out on HER. *Sniff sniff*

  • I'm getting back into my baking! It's been QUITE a long time till I felt like I could just randomly bake, what with my crazy on-the-go toddler. And then I go and throw in a newborn and suddenly NOW I want to bake all the time? LOL Of course, that certainly won't be helpful once I begin my diet...hmmmm....

  • Some of my FAVORITE people, our friends who live in Maine, are coming to CT this weekend to stay with us! I'm so excited I could burst! Although, crap, now I'm sweating as I stare around this horrible MESS of a house with toys, dirty dishes and clothes and dog hair EVERYWHERE. Cleaning this up will be interesting!

  • I'm not crying as much. Does that mean I'm finding my "Mommy Groove"? Granted, it's STILL hard trying to get out of the house with two little ones (I've only done it like 3-4 times so far for two pediatrician appointments, one park visit with a friend and her 3 kids, and the grocery store the other day...and today we make our Target trip!) but it's not AS hard, if you know what I mean? I still have to start packing up diaper bag(s) and clothes like 3 hours in advance, and it literally takes like 30 minutes to get OUT of the house, but I feel like I'm making progress.

  • Big D and I were talking about going out one night. Together. Sans children. I'm so anxiously excited I can't stand it! The last time we did that was probably my birthday in December, and before that? Maybe like 6-7 months give or take? We are LONG overdue. Feeling the need to reconnect, on an adult level, and just enjoy each other.

  • Living on the lake ROCKS. Every morning I sit on the couch, nursing Avery or drinking my coffee while she naps and Hunter plays in his toy area, and stare dreamily out at the water. Some days it's choppy and crazy and other days smooth as glass, but I love it all. I can't wait till it's warm enough that I can leave windows open and LISTEN to the sound of it lapping gently against the dock. Pure bliss.


  • I'm so irritated. We have freakin' ANTS in our kitchen!! ARGH! Spring is here, I guess.

  • My baby girl is one month old today!!


There you have it, my first Leftovers! If you want to read more, go check it out HERE!

3 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

You did great for being a vigin lol

The ants in that town are Ridiculous! We used to buy the outdoor steaks and surround our house, as well as the indoor traps around the sinks.

I work m- f but would love to make plans for a sat or sun. Please let me know when might look good for you.

Emily said...

one month already! wow. craziness!

happy one month family of 4!

Danifred said...

Looks like your first FNL is nothing short of perfection :)

I'm so envious you live on a lake. I swear I am meant to live on the water. One of these days it will eventually happen (I hope).

And, a wine and whine night sounds fabulous!!!