- And so it begins. This is the first weekend that Big D's grandma will be sleeping over. When we moved into the lake house it was with the understanding that she woudl still be spending her summer weekends up here (she owns this house). While the situation is not ideal for me, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to (1) live on the lake and (2) get our finances back on track. But I don't have to like it, right? ;-)
- I just gave both the kids a bath. Meanwhile, I haven't showered since Wednesday night. But at least THEY smell good, right?
- If I have to listen to one more tantrum this week I SERIOUSLY might lose it. For real. And THERE starts another.
- Woo hoo for a long weekend! We're having a mini picnic on Sunday with just a couple of friends. I'm excited! Grilling and I'll make a pasta salad. And I already told Big D I WANT A MARGARITA. MANY MARGARITAS. I was telling this to my mom and she seriously said, "Well I HOPE you aren't going to get drunk while you are taking care of the kids." Really, Mom? I can't even remember the last time I HAD an alcoholic bevarage so even though I kid, I'll probably have just one. And I plan on enjoying it after the kids are in bed anyway!
- I had Hawaiin pizza last night and it was gooooooooood.
- I fit into my first pair of pre-preggo pants! Woo to the freakin' HOO!
- Sorry this week's FNL isn't very exciting. Not much has been going on AND I still have an entire house to finish cleaning. So far I've only vacuumed, mopped half the kitchen floor (yes only half) and straightened up. Still gotta scrub down the bathroom and counter tops and do more laundry and dishes. Joy.
- For more FNL fun, go visit Danifred.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Where to begin?
- The rain, oh good GOD, this annoying, depressing and crappy RAIN. When is it gonna freakin' end?? For two days in a row now, I've looked out the windows to see two ducks all curled up and huddled togetehr on the end of the dock. Even the DUCKS are sick of this shitty weather.
- Gas prices are PISSING. ME. OFF. Not only have we had to cancel our trip to visit my in-laws this upcoming weekend cuz we can't afford the GAS for it, but I couldn't even go visit a friend today (payday is not till Friday and I need the gas in the vehicles to get back and forth to work this week).
- I'm seriously craving somethning sweet, but we don't have anything in the house! Not a cookie or piece of candy or dessert-y type food. NOTHING. Maybe this is a good thing.
- We are SO broke this week. I hate that. I had to kinda "settle" when we were grocery shopping and not get a lot of the stuff I really wanted to buy.
- I STILL don't fit into my post-pregnancy clothes despite being so close. But the muffin type is not something I will leave the house displaying so in the meantime, I am wearing the same two pairs of pants and handful of shirts. Over and over and over again. I do realize that if I'd had junk food in the ouse and eaten it, that would NOT have helped this problem. Grrrr...
- My day started off with a stupid argument with Big D this morning. I don't like to begin our days like that.
- Both my maternity bras are too small and the underwires are poking through, stabbing me all day long. Ouch.
Friday, May 20, 2011
- THIS adorable baby girl has been sleeping through the night, for the past 2 weeks straight. Mommy is a VERY happy lady. And considering Avery just turned 2 months old this past week, I'm very impressed! Her brother was the same way, sleeping through the night very early on (his first time was at 3 weeks!! It was sporadic for him until about this same age.)
- TODAY my Big D comes home!! He's been gone all week for a work trip at the Cape and I missed the crap out of him. As much as he drives me insanely crazy some days, I'd rather he drive me crazy from home. OH, and I'm actually pretty darn proud of myself for surviving this week on my own with a 2 month old and 21 month old. I was afraid I'd seriously be yanking my hair out, strand by strand, by today. It had it's rough moments don't get me wrong, but honestly it wasn't too bad! And I have to admit, my Mommy helped me out. ;-) She slept over two nights (She watches the kids four days a week for me while I'm at work)...I picked her up Monday night when I got the kids after work and she slept over and watched them at my house Tuesday and slept over Tuesday night into Wednesday then I brought her and the kids back Wednesday morning before work. Holy crap, that was a run-on sentence. Sorry about that.
- I have this annoying and weird dry skin around my eyes...like rough little dry skin patches on my eye lids and underneath my eyes. It started after the baby was born. I've NEVER had dry skin around my eyes. What the hell is up? And what are your suggestions? My boss (who is an ND) suggested coconut oil but I can't freaking find any nearby. And Whole Foods is kinda out of the way. Maybe this week I can convince Big D to drive us there so I can pick some up. Cuz it looks SO gross when I where eye makeup, it sits on the patches and makes them even MORE noticeable.
- Coffee was my savior this week. I think Hunter agrees. Mommy is a bear otherwise, in the morning. "Here Mom, I made you a cup of coffee. You need it."
- So I ended up getting my pedicure after all on Saturday! It was NOT the best I've ever had, or the most relaxing, but it was still a little slice of heaven for me. To get out of the house for even an HOUR, no kids and iced coffee in hand, was just what the Dr. ordered. And now my toes look pretty.
- I've come to the realization I could never work full time while having babies (nevermind the fact that I could NEVER afford the daycare!) and still keep the house clean. There is just no freakin' way. This week with Daryl gone, the house has morphed into an utter pigsty. I was lucky enough to get a break last night after they both fell asleep, to unload and load the dishwasher. Otherwise we're swimming in fluffy lab-bunnies (like dust-bunnies but composed entirely of lab fur that swirls and rolls across the hardwood floor) and dirty laundry. *SIGH* I guess I know what I'll be doing today and this weekend.
- Hubby and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary this week! In separate states! LOL He had bought me a card and left it, very sneakily I might add, behind a picture frame. He told me about it Monday night when he called me (our A-day was Tuesday) so I was able to read it in bed that night and eat a delicious peanut butter cup he left me. We can't afford gifts so this was the next best thing!
- If this god damn rain and fog does not stop, I'm going to lose my freakin' mind. EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS WEEK. It's super depressing. See? Normally you can SEE the other side of the lake.
- OH. SHIT. As soon as I took that pic of the lake and closed and locked the door...I saw this:
- Okay, one more gratuitous baby shot of my little Avery. I need it on this dreary morning.
If you are still hungry for more leftover tidbits, go see Danifred!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Three years ago today, I saw my husband, a mighty "sharp dressed man", at the end of the aisle.
Yes, life is not perfect, and we may have our ups and downs, but one thing he and I have always had is a completely open line of communciation. We never go to bed angry at each other. We never leave in the middle of a fight (even though there have been times we both wanted too! LOL). We never leave each other or end a phone call without saying "I love you". We agree on parenting styles and how to make a happy home.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011
My first week back at work went great! And my boss totally rocks the house. She gave me the option to change up my hours a bit since she knows I dislike getting home so late and eating dinner late, especially for Hunter's sake (I have a 45 minute commute one way so after picking him and Avery up, we sometimes don't get home till 6:45pm. His bedtime is 7pm. So that means he sometimes eats dinner late...on the nights he isn't eating at my mom's...and he gets NO bonding time with his Daddy!). So instead of what I was doing: Monday through Thursday 1:30 to approximately 5:45-6pm with Fridays off...I now will be doing Mondays off, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:15 to approx. 5:45-6pm, Wednesday morning 8:45-1:30 and Friday morning 9:00-1pm. So I will now have two days where I work earlier in the day and will still have time to do stuff with the kids after work AND maybe actually cook dinner once in a while! LOL My poor hubby, right now, cooks dinner EVERY SINGLE NIGHT when I work. And I'll still have a 3 day weekend, woo hoo! I couldn't be happier!
- I am so sick of spiders I can't STAND IT. I walked into our upstairs bathroom two nights ago to find THREE of those disgusting things frantically scuttling away as the light was turned on. This was AFTER I had just killed another one in my bedroom, mind you. *SHUDDER*
- So hubby is going to be going away for a week for work (to the Cape! I'm jealous! Wish I was still on maternity leave cuz the kids and I could have gone up with him!), and he asked me if it was okay before he agreed to it. While I don't relish the idea of being a single parent for a week with a 8-9 week old and a 21 month old, I DO look forward to his paycheck from that week and the crazy overtime he will score. We SO need the money!
- My friend gave me a ton of clothes this week cuz she lost 50 lbs. and can't wear them. And she knows I've been bitching about not fitting into my stuff yet (I'm SO, SO close but even when I get the pants buttoned there will be some SERIOUS muffin top). I was depressed when I first tried some of them on and they were TIGHT. But then Big D said this morning, "I think you are still losing weight! I can tell!" That made me smile and feel a tad bit better about post-baby #2 body!
- I was going to make myself a pedicure appointment for this Saturday, with a gift certificate I've had since DECEMBER, but I waited too damn long and they are booked up. Ugh.
- Coming up on mine and Big D's wedding anniversary next week, but since he will be away, we are going out to dinner this Saturday. Three years now since our wedding (but four years now that we've actually been married)! My, how time flies!
- Why won't my 21 month old EAT anymore? IS this normal for his age? A phase? IF the kid could flourish on just his favorites (cheese, apples, grapes, bananas, strawberries, oatmeal, cheerios and gold fish) he'd be a happy camper! But it makes MOmmy crazy. I worry he's not getting enough!
- I wore heels twice this week for the first time in like a YEAR. And I was stumbling around in them like a drunken sailor. And then the throbbing feet...oh lord! But I'm happy to say, it's getting better. And it's nice to be able to dress in something other than sweat pants, tanks/tees and sneakers/flip flops!
- We were supposed to go visit the in-laws in upper state NY for Memorial Day Weekend but becuz of gas prices and how much it would cost us round trip (we'd be taking the truck to fit us, the babies, the dog and our stuff) we have to cancel. I'm so freakin' bummed out and pissed that gas STILL COSTS SO MUCH GOD DAMN MONEY.
For more leftovers, go see Danifred!
Sunday, May 08, 2011
Friday, May 06, 2011
- So, remember how last week I mentioned we had started potty training? Um, yeah. Mommy wimped out already. In my defense, potty training your toddler while taking care of a 7 week old baby who wants to nurse sometimes every hour is freaking HARD. I'm not trying to make an excuse, just trying to make MYSELF feel better and not like a failure for giving up before I'd really started TRYING to potty train Hunter. Plus we had a MAJOR meltdown one day when I thought it would be smart to bribe my child with m-n-m's. Yeah, trying to bribe your kid with 1 or 2 m-n-m's when he really wants to eat like 10 was a bad, bad idea. I won't be trying that again! We will do the whole potty training thing just not right now. I'm thinking in another month or so as the weather starts to get warmer and I can dress him in a diaper and shirt and not have to keep pulling his pants on and off. We'll see!
- I can't stand to look at myself naked, right now. But it's like a train wreck that I can't turn away from. I am in AWE of the roadmap of purple-y stretch marks zig-zagging thier way across my gelatinous pouch of a belly. And in a matter of months, I've inherited my grandmother's potato sacks under my eyes. I'm as pale as blinding snow. I've got these weird, dry upraised patches on my eye lids that I've NEVER had before. My hair is limp and lacking a style right now. I'm a mess and feeling pretty badly about it.
- I love coffee. So, so, so much. And I'd be lost without my Keurig. 'Scuse me, while I go make another cup of coffee (Cinnamon Roll, mmmm).
- I have two pairs of pants that I fit into for work (going back on Monday) and that's only becuz I just BOUGHT them. And they leave crazy insane red marks on my belly when I wear them. Monday is gonna be so FUN. *sarcasm*
- My kid's noggin must be made of stone. Seriously. He fell off the couch THREE times today during three separate tantrums (someone desperately needed a nap) and bonked his head on the hardwood floor. The first two I knew he was fine right after but the last one looked BAD and I internally freaked. I RIPPED poor Avery off my boob and practically threw (gently of course) her down on the couch beside me to go scoop Hunter up and make sure he was okay. He was fine. After a few seconds of crying, he was over it.
- I've started wearing my flip flops again. Yay, Spring! Of course as I type this, it's damn chilly out.
- Within the past week, the baby has turned into a cat-napper and wants to be held almost ALL DAY. WTF?!?!
- Daryl and I went on a "date", minus kiddos, last Friday night for the first time in, oh, FOREVER. That "date" consisted of a trip to the mall for me to get a couple of clothing items that fit for work and then we were gonna get a drink afterwards...but I felt badly about staying out too late cuz our babysitters were our friends T and M who had THEIR three kids over our house too and I knew they needed to get to bed. But on the 35 minute ride home we held hands, exchanged a few smiling glances that brought me back to our first date, and belted out the tunes with reckless abandon, music blaring louder than we can normally listen to with the babies in the car. I told Daryl that was a practice date for us and next time we'd get that drink.
- I SERIOUSLY have been starving lately. I'm assuming due to breastfeeding (I can't remember if I felt THIS hungry when I nursed Hunter) but I don't see how it's gonna help me lose weight. Ugh.
- Avery can now sleep through the night. Does she do it every night? HELL, no. But she has done it like 3-4 times now. What happens is we will have a night she sleeps through, followed by a night or TWO, she doesn't (waking up 1-2 times). For instance the last two nights she was up at 3am and then again at 5am. She's keeping me on my toes, this one.
- Yesterday marked NINE YEARS since my Daddy passed away. I still miss him like crazy and wish he could have met Daryl and his sweet grandbabies. :-(
- And there's another week of random. Please go check out Danifred for more delicious leftovers.
Monday, May 02, 2011
And they both seem to have the same squinty right eye when they smile. Which cracks me up becuz I've always thought that I--Mommy--has a squinty LEFT eye when I smile!