Friday, May 27, 2011

  • And so it begins. This is the first weekend that Big D's grandma will be sleeping over. When we moved into the lake house it was with the understanding that she woudl still be spending her summer weekends up here (she owns this house). While the situation is not ideal for me, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to (1) live on the lake and (2) get our finances back on track.  But I don't have to like it, right? ;-)
  • I just gave both the kids a bath. Meanwhile, I haven't showered since Wednesday night. But at least THEY smell good, right?
  • If I have to listen to one more tantrum this week I SERIOUSLY might lose it. For real.  And THERE starts another.
  • Woo hoo for a long weekend! We're having a mini picnic on Sunday with just a couple of friends. I'm excited! Grilling and I'll make a pasta salad. And I already told Big D I WANT A MARGARITA. MANY MARGARITAS.  I was telling this to my mom and she seriously said, "Well I HOPE you aren't going to get drunk while you are taking care of the kids." Really, Mom? I can't even remember the last time I HAD an alcoholic bevarage so even though I kid, I'll probably have just one. And I plan on enjoying it after the kids are in bed anyway!
  • I had Hawaiin pizza last night and it was gooooooooood.
  • I fit into my first pair of pre-preggo pants! Woo to the freakin' HOO!
  • Sorry this week's FNL isn't very exciting. Not much has been going on AND I still have an entire house to finish cleaning. So far I've only vacuumed, mopped half the kitchen floor (yes only half) and straightened up. Still gotta scrub down the bathroom and counter tops and do more laundry and dishes. Joy.
  • For more FNL fun, go visit Danifred.

10 comments:

Flea said...

Enjoy your weekend! And your margarita. :)

Morgan Owens said...

I think it would bother me too to have my GIL staying the weekends during the summer..well any IL for that matter lol! But, I guess there isn't much we can do! :(
Enjoy your margarita(s)! :)

Amy said...

Keep good thoughts, maybe after one weekend with a toddler and an infant Grandma won't want to be coming back!

April said...

Amy! LOL That's my hope! While I don't enjoy when both kids are screaming simultaneously, I'm thinking it will be very convenient if they do that this weekend. ;-)

Kristin said...

Here from FNL...

Tantrums seriously suck.

Boy does a margarita sound amazingly good. Enjoy one for me.

Carrie27 said...

I hope you get to shower in peace and then enjoy a much deserved margarita.

Becky said...

I understand the sentiment about the shower... I'm with Carrie - enjoy your shower and your margarita.

Danifred said...

Lake, long weekend, margaritas... sounds like bliss! I could also do without the tantrums though :)

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Kat said...

I think my kids are always better bathed than me. :( Boo.

Good luck with Grandma. Hopefully it turns out to be a real blessing. :)

Hope you had a great weekend!