Monday, May 16, 2011

Okay, so technically this should have been posted Sunday, but in my defense...I was busy super-cleaning the house and helping hubby pack before his week-long work trip. Enjoy!









Dear Avery,



Today, my sweet girl, you are two months old. While I was pregnant with you, two months crept by at a total snail's pace and now that we have you? The months are sliding by quicker than Speedy Gonzalez! I want it to slow down becuz I am trying to enjoy the sweet baby-ness that is YOU.







You smile ALL THE TIME now. And about a week and a half ago, you laughed for the first time. I seriously melted into a gooey pile on the floor when I heard it. The sound was way better than any music.






You are really starting to develop into your little personality, my baby girl. And I'm loving it! The gas has finally died down and you are just mostly a very easy-going baby. I admit, you LOVE to be held, and I'm probably not the best person for nipping that before it gets out of hand becuz I LOVE HOLDING you. Belly time is NOT your favorite, at all. Your head and neck is getting strong and when we are holding you, you lift your head up all the time. But when I lay you on your belly, you don't want to try as much. Instead you make your annoyed cry, face-down into the blanket, until Mommy saves you. I know I should make you do it more often (you've lost a little bit of hair on the back of your head, I'm assuming from laying on it so much) but I find it hard to make you do what you don't want to do. You've got me wrapped around your little finger!




Hunter LOVES you, little sister, and shows you all the time. He calls you "Sissy" and your eyes have really begun to track him when he's nearby. When you are crying, he tries to soothe you with his little hands rubbing your head or kissing your cheek, and I swear sometimes it's all that works. The only thing Mommy has to be careful of is he doesn't know his own strength around you, and sometimes leans on you when hugging you. But you take it all in stride, tough girl!







We just found out you now weigh 12 lbs. 4 oz and are 24 3/4 inches long...my big healthy girl! You've gotten so big! Mommy and Daddy think you will be tall, like your Pop-Pop's side of the family. But you definitely have Daddy (and Hunter's) sweet nose and infectious grin. Your feet, however, are Smith feet like Mommy's! Right now you are wearing 3 month onesies (and can still fit into a few size 0-3 but those usually are just about too tight length-wise) and pants you still wear the newborn size with an occasional 0-3 thrown in for good measure. You also are currently in Size 1 diapers. Mommy has started putting you in dresses here and there when it's warm enough and you look SO STINKIN' ADORABLE. And you are getting almost exclusively breast milk and when it's given to you in bottle form you are drinking about 3 oz at a time.

Mommy had your pictures done when you were a month and a half old, by a really nice girl she went to high school with. Stacy does it out of her home so it was good she wasn't in a rush...you were a cranky girl that night and we had to keep taking nursing breaks!






Speaking of nursing, you are the breastfeeding champ! Mommy loves that bf'ing has been so much easier than it was with brother (and less stressful) and you've only had formula like twice, becuz we do have a frozen breast milk stash in the freezer to use. You take a bottle no problem, which is great, and usually will drink approximately 3 1/2-4 oz in one sitting. You are still eating just about every two hours, but occasionally it stretches out to 3-4 hours during a particularly long nap. And you are sleeping through the night! It's been at least a full straight week (oh wait, one 3am feeding stuck in the middle of the week) and we are THRILLED by this. Both you and your brother are such good babies starting to sleep through the night so early...you both must have realized how badly your parents need the sleep so we're not super grumpy!







Mommy went back to work this past week, and while it was SO HARD to leave you and your brother, it just makes me love you guys more when I look forward to seeing you at the end of the day! I love how your eyes have started to light up when you see me after a long period of time away. So sweet. And Mommy's boss is awesome, letting me now do 2 mornings and 2 afternoons a week (instead of all 4 afternoons, sometimes making a late night for your brother after I would pick him up from Nana's) so once the weather is really nice, we can get outdoors more and maybe squeeze in some library time.







Oh Avery, having you has been even better than I imagined. I feel so lucky, so blessed, every time I hug you to my chest and breathe you in. I love you to pieces, my sweet baby girl!!






XOXOXOXO



Love you Always,



Daddy, Mommy and Hunter

5 comments:

Carrie27 said...

I just love all those photos, I think the feet one is my favorite, though.

msprimadonna67 said...

I love all your family updates--what a beautiful pair of little ones you've got there--and growing so fast! I started reading your blog when you were pregnant with your beautiful son, and now look where you are!

Kat said...

Awww. So sweet. What a happy little lady. And that last picture just melts my heart.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! April - she is just so stinkin' sweet! I love how much personality you can see in those pictures of her and how much she looks like her brother - more so than when she was brand new! I am so happy that she is thriving and that you all have hit your stride - I swear motherhood was so much sweeter the second (and now third) time around!

Heidi Renée said...

She and Hunter definitely do look alike! When I first saw the second picture, I thought it was him.