Friday, May 06, 2011












  • So, remember how last week I mentioned we had started potty training? Um, yeah. Mommy wimped out already. In my defense, potty training your toddler while taking care of a 7 week old baby who wants to nurse sometimes every hour is freaking HARD. I'm not trying to make an excuse, just trying to make MYSELF feel better and not like a failure for giving up before I'd really started TRYING to potty train Hunter. Plus we had a MAJOR meltdown one day when I thought it would be smart to bribe my child with m-n-m's. Yeah, trying to bribe your kid with 1 or 2 m-n-m's when he really wants to eat like 10 was a bad, bad idea. I won't be trying that again! We will do the whole potty training thing just not right now. I'm thinking in another month or so as the weather starts to get warmer and I can dress him in a diaper and shirt and not have to keep pulling his pants on and off. We'll see!


  • I can't stand to look at myself naked, right now. But it's like a train wreck that I can't turn away from. I am in AWE of the roadmap of purple-y stretch marks zig-zagging thier way across my gelatinous pouch of a belly. And in a matter of months, I've inherited my grandmother's potato sacks under my eyes. I'm as pale as blinding snow. I've got these weird, dry upraised patches on my eye lids that I've NEVER had before. My hair is limp and lacking a style right now. I'm a mess and feeling pretty badly about it.


  • I love coffee. So, so, so much. And I'd be lost without my Keurig. 'Scuse me, while I go make another cup of coffee (Cinnamon Roll, mmmm).

  • I have two pairs of pants that I fit into for work (going back on Monday) and that's only becuz I just BOUGHT them. And they leave crazy insane red marks on my belly when I wear them. Monday is gonna be so FUN. *sarcasm*

  • My kid's noggin must be made of stone. Seriously. He fell off the couch THREE times today during three separate tantrums (someone desperately needed a nap) and bonked his head on the hardwood floor. The first two I knew he was fine right after but the last one looked BAD and I internally freaked. I RIPPED poor Avery off my boob and practically threw (gently of course) her down on the couch beside me to go scoop Hunter up and make sure he was okay. He was fine. After a few seconds of crying, he was over it.

  • I've started wearing my flip flops again. Yay, Spring! Of course as I type this, it's damn chilly out.

  • Within the past week, the baby has turned into a cat-napper and wants to be held almost ALL DAY. WTF?!?!


  • Daryl and I went on a "date", minus kiddos, last Friday night for the first time in, oh, FOREVER. That "date" consisted of a trip to the mall for me to get a couple of clothing items that fit for work and then we were gonna get a drink afterwards...but I felt badly about staying out too late cuz our babysitters were our friends T and M who had THEIR three kids over our house too and I knew they needed to get to bed. But on the 35 minute ride home we held hands, exchanged a few smiling glances that brought me back to our first date, and belted out the tunes with reckless abandon, music blaring louder than we can normally listen to with the babies in the car. I told Daryl that was a practice date for us and next time we'd get that drink.

  • I SERIOUSLY have been starving lately. I'm assuming due to breastfeeding (I can't remember if I felt THIS hungry when I nursed Hunter) but I don't see how it's gonna help me lose weight. Ugh.


  • Avery can now sleep through the night. Does she do it every night? HELL, no. But she has done it like 3-4 times now. What happens is we will have a night she sleeps through, followed by a night or TWO, she doesn't (waking up 1-2 times). For instance the last two nights she was up at 3am and then again at 5am. She's keeping me on my toes, this one.

  • Yesterday marked NINE YEARS since my Daddy passed away. I still miss him like crazy and wish he could have met Daryl and his sweet grandbabies. :-(

  • And there's another week of random. Please go check out Danifred for more delicious leftovers.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah for Avery sort of sleeping through the night! We are nowhere close with Brody. I hear you about the bizarro post-baby-2 body... Thinking of you as you go back to work...

Danifred said...

So great you are getting some stretches of sleep. And, horray for date night!
Love the new header, BTW. Beautiful family

Karyn said...

Wow back to work after only 7 weeks? I didn't realize that everyone doesn't get the full year of paid maternity leave that we do in Canada.