Friday, May 20, 2011



  • THIS adorable baby girl has been sleeping through the night, for the past 2 weeks straight. Mommy is a VERY happy lady. And considering Avery just turned 2 months old this past week, I'm very impressed! Her brother was the same way, sleeping through the night very early on (his first time was at 3 weeks!! It was sporadic for him until about this same age.)






  • TODAY my Big D comes home!! He's been gone all week for a work trip at the Cape and I missed the crap out of him. As much as he drives me insanely crazy some days, I'd rather he drive me crazy from home. OH, and I'm actually pretty darn proud of myself for surviving this week on my own with a 2 month old and 21 month old. I was afraid I'd seriously be yanking my hair out, strand by strand, by today. It had it's rough moments don't get me wrong, but honestly it wasn't too bad! And I have to admit, my Mommy helped me out. ;-) She slept over two nights (She watches the kids four days a week for me while I'm at work)...I picked her up Monday night when I got the kids after work and she slept over and watched them at my house Tuesday and slept over Tuesday night into Wednesday then I brought her and the kids back Wednesday morning before work. Holy crap, that was a run-on sentence. Sorry about that.
  • I have this annoying and weird dry skin around my eyes...like rough little dry skin patches on my eye lids and underneath my eyes. It started after the baby was born. I've NEVER had dry skin around my eyes. What the hell is up? And what are your suggestions? My boss (who is an ND) suggested coconut oil but I can't freaking find any nearby. And Whole Foods is kinda out of the way. Maybe this week I can convince Big D to drive us there so I can pick some up. Cuz it looks SO gross when I where eye makeup, it sits on the patches and makes them even MORE noticeable.
  • Coffee was my savior this week. I think Hunter agrees. Mommy is a bear otherwise, in the morning. "Here Mom, I made you a cup of coffee. You need it."
  • So I ended up getting my pedicure after all on Saturday! It was NOT the best I've ever had, or the most relaxing, but it was still a little slice of heaven for me. To get out of the house for even an HOUR, no kids and iced coffee in hand, was just what the Dr. ordered. And now my toes look pretty.
  • I've come to the realization I could never work full time while having babies (nevermind the fact that I could NEVER afford the daycare!) and still keep the house clean. There is just no freakin' way. This week with Daryl gone, the house has morphed into an utter pigsty. I was lucky enough to get a break last night after they both fell asleep, to unload and load the dishwasher. Otherwise we're swimming in fluffy lab-bunnies (like dust-bunnies but composed entirely of lab fur that swirls and rolls across the hardwood floor) and dirty laundry. *SIGH* I guess I know what I'll be doing today and this weekend.
  • Hubby and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary this week! In separate states! LOL He had bought me a card and left it, very sneakily I might add, behind a picture frame. He told me about it Monday night when he called me (our A-day was Tuesday) so I was able to read it in bed that night and eat a delicious peanut butter cup he left me. We can't afford gifts so this was the next best thing!
  • If this god damn rain and fog does not stop, I'm going to lose my freakin' mind. EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS WEEK. It's super depressing. See? Normally you can SEE the other side of the lake.
  • OH. SHIT. As soon as I took that pic of the lake and closed and locked the door...I saw this:
I know the pic is dark so let me break it down for you: Hunter, Mister Too-Smart-For-His-Own-Good, pushed a little box over and stood on it and unlocked the top lock. Up until this point he was only unlocking the BOTTOM lock. Now he knows the top lock is there. :-( Time for a another lock up waaaaaaaay high on the door!

  • Okay, one more gratuitous baby shot of my little Avery. I need it on this dreary morning.


If you are still hungry for more leftover tidbits, go see Danifred!

10 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

K has been unlocking our back door for about a year! We had to put. Chin lock at the very top.

You drive home through M.town right? Right on min st is it's only natural. Try stopping there for your oil.

April said...

OMG I'm such a dumb ass!! I totally forgot about It's Only Natural! Duh, I'm gonna stop there today and check it out. Thanks for the reminder.LOL

Carrie27 said...

If you can't find coconut oil, just use some type of cortisone cream.

Yay for having the hubby back home.

Mrs. Z said...

Oh, I am so jealous of your good sleepers! We had to wait until 8 months for that. And yeah for the hubs coming home! I always appreciate mine just a little more when he returns! ;)

Jeni said...

Sleep? What's that? Stopping by from FNL...happy for you with the little one sleeping. My son is 6 and he still does not sleep through the night...and the pediatrician thinks this is ok??? I also work FT and the mountain of laundry is about to swallow me up! Enjoy your weekend.

The Tompkins Family said...

Stopping in from FNL...

Soooo jealous about the sleep! My babe turns 6 months next week and we're still not there yet. My first took about 9 months. I fantasize about them both sleeping through the night ALL THE TIME.

Kat said...

Aquafor. It is really great stuff. You can find it at any Walgreens or Walmart. :)

Wow! Such good sleepers you have! Enjoy it! :)

Hope the weather clears up for you!

Jennifer said...

Visiting you for the first time from the FNL blog hop! Loved reading your post!!

Coffee is definitely my food group of choice when my husband is gone too. (We're military). Love the picture of your baby with the coffee mug! Too cute!

Danifred said...

I have the dry eye thing going on too. I never heard about the coconut oil, but I'll have to look into that.

We also had a week straight of rain. It was horrible.

Krystyn said...

Yay for sleeping through the night!

You can buy coconut oil online..might be easier. My eyes suck right now with allergies. They've never been like this before.

Natalie knows how to open our deadbolt, too! Guess we're going to have to get a chain on the door!