Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Three years ago today, I put on a kick-ass dress.

Three years ago today, I saw my husband, a mighty "sharp dressed man", at the end of the aisle.


Three years ago today, I exchanged vows with my BEST FRIEND.

And in these past three years, we've made our house a home and brought two beautiful children into the world.



He still gives me goosebumps when he stares into my eyes, just like he did on our first date five and a half years ago.


I feel beautiful and loved and appreciated by him on a daily basis.


Yes, life is not perfect, and we may have our ups and downs, but one thing he and I have always had is a completely open line of communciation. We never go to bed angry at each other. We never leave in the middle of a fight (even though there have been times we both wanted too! LOL). We never leave each other or end a phone call without saying "I love you". We agree on parenting styles and how to make a happy home.




I look forward to raising our children together. And growing old and wrinkled with you by my side, Big D. With you making me laugh till I pee my incontinent pants as we rock away on a front porch, together.

Happy Anniversary, Daryl, I love you with all my heart!

10 comments:

Carrie27 said...

I just love your dress!!!

Happy Anniversary and may you celebrate many, many more!

ain't for city gals said...

April..thank you so much for your kind comment...and you are right...we are having some amazing conversations! I knew I loved him...I knew he loved me...but I never knew how much! Looking for to saving your blog so that when I get back home this week I can read all your wonderful past post...btw...that is a kick-ass dress!

Flea said...

Happy anniversary! Awesomeness!

Kat said...

A kick ass dress indeed! Just gorgeous! Wowsa! I love it. That top picture is just so beautiful!

Happy Anniversary, and many, many more.


-ps- May is a very good month for anniversaries. ;)

Nicole said...

Happiest Anniversary to you and Big D.! You made such a beautiful bride and it has been so much fun reading along as you went from engaged to married to your beautiful family of four! Many wishes for a lifetime of happiness and love together!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful bride! I love your dress!

Happy Two Months to Avery! I LOVE the picture with wings :-)

Morgan Owens said...

You looked so gorgeous on your wedding day, and EVERY day! :)

Hope you guys had a great anniversary and share many many more together!

trafsilo said...

hohohohoh..... glad to see your family happy .... hopefully safely preserved until the end of life .... greetings from jakarta

K13 said...

I hope you had a very happy anniversary!!! You dress is absolutely beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

Awwww....beautiful photos!! Happy belated anniversary!