Saturday, June 04, 2011

  • I've turned into a really shitty blogger. I am lucky to only have like one post a week...my FNL posts!! And obviously I can't get my FNL posted on a Friday cuz here it is Saturday night. Close enough, right?
  • Hunter and I were surprised by a very cool sight earlier in the week, out our back door: a wild (HUGE) mama goose and her adorable fuzzy babies!
  •  Tucker was impressed too!
  • I had THE BEST martini ever last Sunday night. A Better Than Sex Martini. Was it better than sex? Well, that might be a slight exxageration. Was it delicious as HELL? Oh yes!
  • I hopped on the scale at work the other day to see that...I LOST AN ADDITIONAL FIVE POUNDS! Woo to the freakin' HOO! I'm now 2 pounds BELOW my pre-preggo (#2) weight and so happy. But I still have a long way to go to get to my goal, of course.
  • I'm planning on going swimming in the lake this weekend. I'm a total sissy about cold water so this should be interesting!
  • I seriously could drink smoothies every day. SO yummy.  And I've turned my son into a smoothie-fiend. When he sees me break out the blender, he excitedly starts to cry out, "Moo-ee! Moo-ee!" I'm already dreaming about tomorrow's smoothie lovin'!
  • I got a new car this week!!! Yahoooooooo! We traded in the shitty used Saturn (it's been in the shop like FIFTEEN TIMES since we got it not quite a year ago) for a *DRUMROLL PLEASE* 2011 silver Ford Fusion. AND.  I.  AM.  IN.  LOVE.  It's such a smooth ride, it's pretty, it's still roomy in the backseat with both car seats, it has a SUN ROOF, and I am like a pimp in that thing when the radio is on and the bass is booming. Oh and did I mention, I've NEVER HAD A NEW CAR before in my life, until now? I love it!
  • Love my hubby for picking out my new car (I had no interest whatsoever in that process. I just told him to get rid of the Saturn and get me something GOOD and realiable.)
  • Hunter tried to get on the bloggin' fun this week:
  • Avery is getting SO, SO fun. She smiles all the time now and her laughter? Contagious! She giggled SO loud the other night that I couldn't help but laugh back. And she LOVES big brother...she gazes at him and smiles and laughs even when he is not even paying the slight bit of attention to her. Then I point out ot him that she is smiling at him and he kisses her head and excitedly  says, "Sissy!" which actually sounds more like "Thithy!" He's such a good brother.
  • Avery has been mistaken for a boy TWICE this week. Which is why I've been dressing her like THIS the past two days, pretty in pink, LOL:
  • For more leftovers, go see Danifred!

7 comments:

Becky said...

I'm with you on the blogging thing... it's been tough to get the time here too. Thanks for visiting!

Karyn said...

Ooooh....I am interested in hearing more about that martini :)

Danifred said...

You've had an exciting week! I always let me husband do the 'dirty work' when it comes to stuff like cars, insurance, blah,blah, blah. Is it wrong that I just want to reap the benefits?

Morgan Owens said...

It looks like your dog is very well behaved! My Peanut would have went crazy and scared them off ha!
Congrats on the car..and way to go Big D for getting one she's in love with!
I love the pictures of the kids..they are so stinkin' cute! And Avery's head band with the flower..omg SO cute!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Wow April, seems like things are going good for you. Congrats on the weight loss and new car. I so need to catch up on your world. I will be working earlier so hope I can make more time for the blog world now that I will be home by 3:30. Take care and love the pictures.

Kat said...

I was just looking at your header pic and thinking it looked like you lost more weight. Wow! You are doing such a great job! Way to go!

Hope you have a great week!

Carrie27 said...

Wow, there is no way I would let dh put out a vehicle on his own. It would be all about looks and not necessarily about practicality and I am sure he would spend way more than I would want as well.

How was the lake?